Hank Vegan Burger

• Friend
Contact 0972440399

55, rue des Archives, Paris, France, 75003

Open since January 2014, this is an organic burger restaurant where the burgers are all vegan. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by JonJon

Tasty vegan fast food - Edit

Hank's Burger serve fast food in a vegan way. Very nice and delicious food. Upstairs is busy, you need to be flexible as the seating is narrow but very cozy. Prices are very affordable, for this you get great quality.

i wish they were e v e r y w h e r e - Edit

Ever since having lived in Paris I've missed Hank so much - especially their pizzas (Why does Hank Vegan Pizza not have its own listing?! I would go as far as saying they're BETTER).
Everything about Hank is ideal - it's 100% vegan, it's cheap, it's delicious, the people are lovely and it's in the amazing Marais! Also, unlike most restaurants (and basically everything else in Paris) it's open on Sundays and can be such a life saver! Just keep in mind that it can get amazingly busy over the weekend.
Miss them!!! Will definitely return there. Definitely, definitely.

Great surprise - Edit

What an amazing experience! Space and staff are really nice, the pizza I tried was delicious! I would only serve bigger slices for the that price. It was an amazing surprise to find a vegan pizzeria in Paris. I would love to have it in Lisbon!!!

Pros: All vegan! And they also have nice deserts. The st

Cons: A little bit expensive for me and crowded (because

best vegan burger ever! - Edit

The shop is tiny and was way too busy so I had to eat fast and felt rushed but the burger was insane. It's so good I'm about to go in for round 2 :)

Pros: best vegan burger I've ever had.

Cons: too busy and not much space. they should relocate

Tasty burger - Edit

If you go to Paris, this is a place you have to check out!
The burgers are amazing, they have vegan sauces too for the fries.
The place is not that big but it's cosy and nice.

Pros: amazing burgers

Thanks for Lunch - Edit

Hank Vegan Burger. What Can I say. Genuinely a really nice staff, who helps you decide what to eat if in doubt. The space is not that huge, but if your on the go, grab a burger, cookie or something else with you! Their carrot cake is divine. Besides they have vegan mayo dip for your fries. Next time I'm in Paris, I will definetly stop by again.

Sincerely,
JoJo

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-06

Pros: Marvelous in'n'out food, Genuine staff

Cons: Small Space

Awesome vegan burger in central Paris - Edit

I ordered the special of the day burger, with fries, a drink and a dessert (carrot cake) all for €14 - and it was really filling! Everything was delicious and I'll certainly return when I'm in the city next. (It's just a 15 minute walk from Notre Dame, so super central.)

Pros: Value for money, Friendly staff, Delicious food

Cons: No variance in the burger patties, just the toppin

Excellent ! - Edit

The place used to be small and to not serve fries, but they now serve fried potatoes and have an upstairs room. The food is good and it's everything you'd expect from your favorite vegan burger place. The staff is very friendly. The vegan mayo to go with the potatoes is so good my omni friend served himself twice.

Pros: Quality food, Nice staff, Improved since the opening

Cons: Variation is in the sauces, the patty is the same

Great burgers, small doses - Edit

The taste of the burgers is great. It's a nice quick snack. I, however, found that for the price of a small menu, I didn't feel like I got a lot of food. I get that Paris is a pricy city, but still I would recommend to give options on bigger meals.

Pros: great burgers, nice little joint

Cons: small portion for the price

sympa ! - Edit

C'est très bon et on apprécie la recette éphémère ! Les boissons sont originales. Les frites ne sont pas servies en assez grosses quantités.

Pros: Burgers très bons, Boissons originales

Cons: Cher, Pas assez copieux

The best veggie burger in Paris - Edit

As there was recomandation that Hank´s burgers are the best in Paris, and we wanted to try it. And we must say they really are the best not only in Paris. You can choose menu or single burger (there is choice of 5-6 every day and they are very big!). The best one was Turist - surprise from the cook. This kind of burger varies every day according the cook´s inspiration, The only problem of this place is that the bitro is quite small (although there is space upstairs) and overcrowded. But it is worth waiting for the seats.

Pros: Nice place with special genius loci, Excellent burgers, Friendly staff

Cons: Few seats

Great burgers - Edit

Really nice burgers. They have 5 different burgers to choose from, which you can combine either in a 12€ (small) or 14€ (big) menu. The small one comes along with a side dish (salad or fries), whereas the big one also adds desert to the equation.

Overall very tasty, could use more sauces for the fries, tho. They "only" have Ketchup, Vegginaise, and Senap. The preparation of the food is very quick, and they also have organic drinks (Bionade and others).

Pros: Tasty, Fast, Organic drinks

Cons: Need more sauces, Maybe a few more fries wouldn't hurt

Excellent Vegan Burger - Edit

We had great lunch at Hand Vegan Burger in August. The service is very kind and quick - both in French and English.
The fries were delicious, the mayo very tasteful, and the Burger very fresh. The bread is not the usual mushy "bread" but tastes like real bread.
It is located in a quiet street in the Marais. Tourist will need a map to find it. the Centre Pompidou is not far away.
I would prefer to visit the restaurant in the summer since there is not much space inside. In the vicinity you'll find many quiet places were you can eat - parks, benches, even the Seine is not too far away.

Pros: Friendly staff, Many variations of burger, Fresh and tasty food

Cons: Limited space inside, no tables outside

sabrosas Hamburguesas - Edit

Pedimos el Menú con hamburguesas, patatas, bebidas y postres y estaba todo muy bueno, las hamburguesas son de las mejores que he probado, la combinación de ingredientes con el pan muy acertada. El pastel de Zanahoria estaba increíble, de los mejores que he probado.

Pros: Cakes de Zanahoria espectaculares, Hamburguesas mu

Vegan burger heaven! - Edit

Oh. Em. Gee. If there is one place to go as a vegan in Paris it's here! Their burgers are insanely good! Staff member was super helpful with allergens as I cannot eat gluten but was happy to hear their patties are free from and there is also a gluten free bun and wedges too. I had the La Catcheuse burger as recommended by the guy who served me and it was the best vegan burger I've ever had. The combination was similar (but obviously much better) than a big mac. They also now have a pizza place too! Epic!

Pros: Vegan and gluten free , Best vegan burger ever, Helpful staff

Hooray for vegan food in Europe! - Edit

Hooray for vegan food in Europe! This was one location that I knew I had to visit while on our trip to Europe. In fact, it was our first meal. The crew was multilingual and the menu was bilingual, making it easy to order.

It's a smaller counter service restaurant, where you order at the counter and they call when your food is ready. The burgers we ordered we absolutely delicious I wish we had been in Paris longer so we could have returned to try the other burgers

Amazing seasonal burger, English speaking staff - Edit

The menu is small, but that means everything is prepared just before serving, ingredients are fresh and seasonal. I had a seasonal Le Touriste burger with fig paste and rocket salad. Delicious as I'm sure all others would be.

Service is quick and the staff speaks English -- a comforting rarity in Paris!

Pros: Vegan cheese, Quick service, Speak English

Friendly staff, good food! - Edit

If you're looking for a good veggie burger in Paris, then you need to eat at HANK! This restaurant is quite small and has limited seating, so many customers take their meals to go. I ordered le Petit Nerveux, which came with coriander sauce & tortilla chips on the burger. I also got a side of wedge fries with vegan mayo - delicious! €11 will get you a burger, fries, and a drink.

Pros: friendly staff, affordable

Cons: Limited Seating

Great burgers - Edit

Went here twice in a three day trip, the burgers are delicious, the potato wedges are great and the mayonnaise as well. Will definitely go back when I visit Paris again!

Pros: Great food, Everything vegan, Reasonable pricing

Cons: Can be busy (which only shows how good it is)

Nice and cosy:) - Edit

I really like this place, went here a couple of times during my visit in paris. The burgers are super tasty, the atmosphere is nice and relaxing, and the staff is super friendly. I would totally recommend this place!

Delicious Burgers - Edit

A must for any vegan burger fans in Paris - we visited twice during our weekend there and tried several of the different burgers on offer. Every one we tried was absolutely delicious, as were the sides of wedges and coleslaw. Portions were big and filling, pretty reasonably priced and did I mention delicious?!

Will definitely visit again on future trips to Paris!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Variety of burger flavours, Tasty

Cons: Not much space to sit

Friendly staff - Edit

Unfortunately all the burgers contain soya and nuts, and I was only able to try the chips and the sorbet. My partner really liked the burger, and thought that it was one of the best vegan burgers she has had. We came here twice during our 4 nights stay in Paris.

Pros: Friendly staff and good service

Cons: Don´t mark their food with common allergens, Hardly any soy-/nutfree options

Vegan Fast Food! - Edit

We dropped by at Hank's for Brunch on our last day in Paris. GPS location found it just fine. Parking can be an issue at most times, except Sunday morning!

There were menu's in English and the staff were very helpful. The Menu options offer reasonable value for money rangin at €12 for a 3 piece and €14 for a 4 piece.

They also do a regularly changing special. The burger choices are good and you can mix up ingredients as you desire.

With a handful of tables downstairs, the majority or the seating is upstairs. Everything is recycled, furniture, packaging and very little waste.

The food was quick and tasty. The kids loved it too.

Well worth a visit

Pros: love the food, great choice of flavours, unusual drink flavours too

Cons: none

Yes, they do have great burgers. - Edit

I've been to Hank several times by now.

While I agree that their burgers are possibly the best in town; I must say that I find them a bit too heavy (full disclosure: that's probably how burgers are; and I'm not a big burger fan).

The set for 12 euros is a great value, because it comes with a burger (choose from 5 varieties - all with complementary vegan cheese now), a side dish (baked potato wedges, coleslaw or soup of the day), and a drink (water, juice, bionade, coffee or tea).
The 14 euros set also includes a dessert (carrot cake, cookies, sorbet during the summer).

Staff is always friendly and nice.
And now that they have tables on the second floor you can finally eat in. :)

Pros: tasty, good value, working hours

Cons: none

Favourite vegan place EVER - Edit

Went on a little trip to Paris last week, so glad I found this place as every other vegan restaurant I went to was closed. I ended up going three times during the week stay. Even my meat eater boyfriend liked it. Honestly, I'd go back to Paris just for this place. Super cheap too and great value for money. I recommend the BBQ burger and and carrot cake is to die for! Also they have an English menu if you ask and I was always able to get an English speaking waitress which was so helpful because my French is awful. They were all super nice too! I couldn't recommend this place enough.

Pros: Carrot cake, Cheap, Carrot cake

BEST BURGERS EVER - Edit

Went here twice on my trip to Paris, the second time was a request from my meat eater boyfriend who loved the burgers so much that he had to have more! He ordered 2 burgers both times we were there! Amazing deals and perfect taste.

Best Burgers Ever! - Edit

The flavours of these burgers are incredible! We had the one with alfalfa and mustard. Wish we had more time in Paris to come back again. Hank Vegan Burgers could give any burger franchise a run for their money! Vegan or not these are by far the best fast food burgers we've ever had! They are a healthier version with baked potato wedges rather than oily French fries. Please come to Australia!

Delicious Vegan Burgers - Edit

I love the burgers here and have taken many a non-vegan who liked it as well! The potato sides are delicious, I highly recommend stopping by here, my favorite burger being le Petit Nerveux. My only suggestion would be that they add little dishes or cups to put condiments in, so I could avoid just squirting ketchup on my tray.

Pros: Excellent food, nice atmosphere, good value

Cons: nothing to put condiments in

Excellent! - Edit

Vegan burger joint positioned in historic French building with trendy fixtures. Easy access to Metro. Priced well at 20€~ for 2 beers, 2 burgers and 2 fries. The food was wholesome, tasty, gourmet and generous in size. The staff spoke English and were very pleasant to deal with. It was a real treat. Merci! Thank you so much.

Pros: Location, Food, Service

Fantastic vegan burgers - good value meal in Paris! - Edit

Best value for money we've found eating out in Paris so far as the big meal deal is 14E. You get a delicious vegan burger, wedges, a drink and a dessert.
We tried the smokey BBQ burger - really good, smokey flavour and great trimmings - and the burger that came with tomato, basil and black olives, which was great. Organic soft drinks. For dessert we tried the strawberry sorbet and a carrot cake. The carrot cake is surprisingly light, spongey and tasty.
There is a really nice, cool, seating area upstairs with furniture made from recycled wood, as well as the counter with stools downstairs. We liked that they had huge dispensers so you could help yourself to extra sauces and separate waste for recycling.
The staff were friendly and there was a pleasant atmosphere.

Pros: All vegan! , Value for money meal , Choice of delicious burgers

Yummy Burgers - Edit

This cosy little place is just around the corner when visiting Musée Carnavalet. I recommend taking the grand menu if you're hungry where you can get a main (burger), a side, a dessert and a drink for 14 eur. Totally vegan place, very friendly staff, the menu is also in english and the burgers are fantastic, especially The tourist! Potato wedges were also delish.
Will be definitely visiting again when in Paris.

Pros: Friendly staff, yummy food, reasonably priced for Paris

good place - Edit

the staff was very friendly and spoke english very well, the hamburgers were excellent and the potato wedges as well, I think there were oven made, not fried, the food was not oily and the atmosphere was very cosy.
I definitly recommend!

Pros: Tasty, Cosy atmosphere, Great Straff

Cons: Not french food

Great experience! - Edit

Really yummy burgers! We got two burgers, two drinks, potato wedges, coleslaw and a carrot cake and paid 26 euros, which is very reasonable. Especially since the burger might have been the best one i've had. Staff is really friendly and speaks english, service was quite fast. Definitely go have a look if you are in the area.

They've got you covered from A-Z - Edit

Hank has amazing food. It's a typical 'American' fast food diner, but all-vegan! The food is fantastic, the staff are some of the warmest people in the whole city, best vibe of comfort I've been searching for the whole time I was in Paris. A great way for my husband and I to spend our last evening in town!

Pros: Down to earth 'vibe' we've been searching for, Delicious, Friendliest staff ever

Cons: Upstairs gets too warm very easily

Excellent burgers / super burgers - Edit

Delicious simple fast food. Not exactly healthy but sometimes you want it. Burgers were very good. Maybe too much bread? €14 for chips, drink, burger and dessert. There is a room to seat on the top.

Un fast food comme on les aime. Burgers vraiment réussis. Sûrement les meilleurs que j'aie jamais goûtés. La recette était cohérente, le pain moelleux, le steak fondant. Mais certains on trouvé qu'il y avait un peu trop de pain dans le burger. 14 € pour le burger, les frites, la boisson et le dessert. Salle à l'étage.

Pros: Best burgers / meilleurs burgers

Cons: Greasy (?) / Gras (mais c'est ça qui est bon)

Do yourself a favor and go here - Edit

After several expensive vegan meals in Paris, we were looking for a more reasonably priced but satisfying vegan option. These burgers did not disappoint! We got two different burgers and both were excellent. The burger patties themselves are good, but the combination of toppings is what makes them so great. The servings were large enough to satisfy as well, but fry portions were small compared to what you would get in the US.

These burgers really hit the spot, and I would recommend anyone, vegan or not, try them out.

Nice burgers with great mayo! - Edit

Nice vegan burger-place in Paris.

Good prices, nice burgers and delicious potato wedges and home-made mayo.

Pros: great mayo, great potato wedges, nice burgers

Cons: avoid the boring vegan cheese

Perfect - Edit

I went there 3 times and I've never been disappointed. Burgers are delicious, my favourite is "tata monique".

Pros: excellent burgers , nice ataff, mayonnaise home made

Cons: I don't really like bionade, we would have liked more fries, don't know

Cute, fast vegan - Edit

Cute little burger place in Paris, perfect for a quick meal, either take-a-way or eat-in. They have a handful of burgers on the menu, including The Tourist, which is a burger that changes regularly. Also have fries and desserts. Very large, filling portions.

this place is très populaire - Edit

I went here on a day it was supposed to storm because I figured all of the tourists would flee back to their hotel rooms (I say that as if I'm not one of them myself - lol). However, it was STILL a full house. The line lead outside with no inside seating available. The burger and fries were good but the cookie left a little to be desired. As there was no seating and it was raining, I ate my burger once I returned to my hotel (the cookies and fries never stood a chance at making it all the way there). That burger was still delicious even though it had gotten cold!

Pros: hearty meal, moderate prices (when compared to a US burger and , desserts

Cons: may be crowded

Best Vegan Burgers in Paris! - Edit

I moved to Paris about 9 months ago and I finally made my way to Hank. The burgers and fries are seriously to die for! The prices are really reasonable for Paris and you will not be disappointed. Not only did i enjoy every bite but my non-vegan french friends said it was one of the best things they have eaten (coming from cheese loving french girls against veganism that really says something).
The L'Allumé burger was 100% my favorite and I highly recommend, but dont forget to save room for a vegan dessert! Tip: always ask wha the dessert f the day is! Enjoy!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Amazing Food, Good Prices

Cons: Nothing at all!

Awesome Vegan Burger in Paris! - Edit

Really awesome people and excellent food. Tough to find good vegan food when traveling, but so happy to know I will be taken care of at Hank! Will definitely be back before we leave Paris. Merci boucoup!

Pros: Centrally located in Marais, Fresh food, Friendly team of people

quality fast food! - Edit

This is everything you would expect from a burger place. We loved it! Choice between different kinds of burgers and nice potato wedges and salads on the sides. Very quick service. Would recommend!

This is what fast food should be like! - Edit

Hank is a buzzy, queue-out-the-door, super cute burger joint. There is seating upstairs and it's all very popular (and they're opening a pizza place soon!). Delicious burger, home made everything, including the cheese, really tasty and not greasy fried potatoes and super friendly staff. We were delighted.

Pros: Delicious, Great price, Buzzy

Cons: Limited seating

Superb burgers & diner menu - Edit

Excellent hamburgers, one type gladly without garlic. Superb french (!) ;) fries made from very good, starchy potatoes. Nice seating upstairs (25 seats). Veganese with mustard -- yay! Good music & lemonades & tea & cookies. Full diner for EUR 14 incl. drink and dessert. The very good type of fast food place! Close to Centre Pompidou. USB sockets, too!

Pros: Superb fries, veganese sauce with mustard, clearly freshly made

Easy, Fast Food - Edit

Great burgers and fantastic meal deals (good portion sizes and low prices). Friendly staff and a good selection of burgers, a couple sides and deserts (although we were far too full to try the deserts). It was super busy when we went in but we managed to grab a table.

Pros: Great prices and portion sizes

Cons: Uncomfortable seating

tasty burger - Edit

The burger is tasty, nothing to complain about it! A good one! Potatoes could be better, they were served cold and not very fresh... Veganaise as well needs improvement. The place is nice, but not very comfortable. Staff kind, young and enthusiastic. Overall, toothsome vegan food but not a relaxing lunch.

Pros: burger

Cons: not comfortable place

Oasis in a vegan desert - Edit

Lovely wee place with super delicious vegan burgers, very reasonably priced for Paris, the menu is simple and fresh, seating area is small but comfortable, staff helpful and pleasant.

Pros: Fresh, quick, inexpensive.

Amazing Birthday - Edit

I was in Paris for my 17th birthday and my family promised they would all go vegan for a day. I brought them all to Hank Burgers and EVERYONE was impressed (even my 12 year old brother who thinks vegans are crazy). Everyone should try the burgers here!!

Pas trop mal - Edit

Un bon fast food, dommage qu'il y ait peu de places assises en raison de la taille. Un peu cher pour ce que c'est. Il faut d'ailleurs payer plus cher pour un pain sans gluten...

Pros: Ambiance, Bons burgers

Cons: Prix (+ options gluten-free payantes...), Choix (limité), Taille (difficile de s'assoir aux heures de pointe

Take all of your Non-Vegan Friends Here - Edit

My burger, fries and dessert (chocolate chip/nut cookie) were all exceptional. The staff is friendly and helpful, but be careful when ordering as the cashier, who did not understand English too well, thought I ordered two burgers. Too be honest I didn't mind when I realized, as there food is so good I will happily eat two. Also, I recommend not going at prime lunch time as there is quite a wait. Go in the afternoon and service will be fast. I like there upstairs eating area.

Pros: Great food, Friendly service, Warm, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: Can be crowded

la perfection - Edit

Je suis une cliente de Hank depuis un moment déjà et j'y retourne (très) régulièrement avec grand plaisir. Très bonne accueil et surtout nourriture absolument délicieuse! C'est un très bon endroit pour faire découvrir la Vegan "Junk Food" aux non initiés. Très efficace :)

Pros: nourriture délicieuse , propreté , accueil des staffs

Faultless - Edit

I am a frequent visitor to Hank burger and I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed. The quality of the food has always been amazing. The staff is also always very friendly. The standout from Hank has to be the mayonnaise though. People love it so much that Hank have started selling it for people to take away. No matter what you get just make sure that you don't miss out on the mayonnaise! The only slight downside is that sometimes it may be hard to get seating but that just goes to show how popular the place is!

Pros: The mayonnaise, Friendly staff, Lots of options

Cons: Occasionally hard to get seating

Hip place, tasty burgers. Try a meal deal - Edit

What I love about Hank's is that it doesn't feel different there from the hipster meat-based burger place round the corner... except that there are no animal products involved! Their food is vegan, ethical, organic, and low on food miles but most of all tasty and served in a cool setting. Sometimes vegan places just feel a bit too "worthy" for me- Hank strikes a good balance.
They have about four regular menu options that are always available, and a daily changing special. I love the fig jam and rocket special.
Fries are sweet potato, and they also do a carrot & white cabbage vegan coleslaw.
Try a meal deal (burger, side, drink for about 11€ or a little extra with a dessert too- one of the options is a tasty moist carrot cake)
Bear in mind this is a fast food joint not a restaurant, so the vibe is more cafe than bistro (you get your food on a tray and bin your waste yourself in recycle bins). Downstairs is a little small and can get crowded but the upstairs room has more breathing space as well as coat racks etc to make for a comfortable eating experience.

Nice Burgers - Edit

I loved the place. The new room upstairs is very cozy. The burgers are really good. We ordered 3 different ones and they all got a thumb up.

The cookies was nice as well. :)

I think they forgot to add the extra cheese we asked for (and paid for) in the burgers. Maybe keep an eye on your burger while they are making them ! :P

Pros: Cozy place, Good burger

Loved the burger! - Edit

I loved the burger with the tortilla chips in it!
I love to discover vegan places in other major cities and this is a must go place! The burger I had was about €8 and wasn't really that big, so I think it's a bit more expensive than other vegan burgers I had. But the tast was amazing.
They make everything fresh and they personnel is very nice and helpful.
It was quite busy so there wasn't much place to sit, but it was very cosy. I think a lot of Parisienes love to hangout here. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Paris!

Pros: Everything is vegan, Nice personnel , Nice place

Cons: A bit expensive , A small location, Wifi doesn't work

A must go - Edit

They serve about 5 different kinds of burgers, with the option to get a combo with fries, beverage and dessert. The burger was super juicy and tasty, self serving dressings, and the carrot cake was so yummy. Well served portions and fair price.

Cool and vegan - Edit

The staff were great and the interior was very trendy. I like that they call your name over the sound system if you go upstairs.
Burgers were decent, fries were great and I had a nice glass of red wine. The free drums of mayo, mustard and ketchup were cool too. Loved the chocolate mousse!
Not that cheap so keep that in mind.

Pros: Great staff, Cool interiors

Cons: Pricey

Great vegan burger bar & try the chocolate mousse! - Edit

This was a great vegan burger bar. The burgers were really tasty, though the vegan cheese was a bit greasy. To be fair, I am no longer used to fast food so this might not be too greasy for everyone.

This place is definitely great value for your money. You can get a menu for only €11,80. I had the "le touriste" burger, which was amazing. I also loved the coleslaw and potato wedges. The chocolate mousse for dessert was fabulous.

This place does not have many things on the menu, but I like the simplicity. I do think they could improve with fresh juices. The mayonnaise also could have been better.

It is self-service but the staff is very friendly. The interior is simple but lovely. Highly recommended to satisfy your fast-food cravings.

Pros: Chocolate mousse, Cheap , Burgers were great

Cons: No fresh juices, Mayonnaise could have been better, Vegan cheese too greasy

Amazing vegan burgers - Edit

Love this place, it has amazing yummy vegan burgers and potatoes! Chocolate chip cookies are excellent as well. It's a small restaurant that has a very cosy and relaxed atmosphere and very friendly staff. A menu (burger+potatoes+a drink) is 11,80 EUR,so great food for great value.You have to order at the counter (self-service) and they don't take reservation.

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 23, 2016

Pros: Variety (4-5 different burgers), Friendly staff, Central location

Cons: The place is not very big

Très bon !! - Edit

Délicieux et sympathique. Pas très cher pour voir que c'est un resto "hypster" dans le marais. Un bémol peut être sur le peu d'espace et la taille des jus de fruit. Et un petit effort à fournir sur le zéro déchet mais c'est un très bon "fast food" : je recommande

Pros: Tout est vegan

Cons: Le pain sans gluten à +2€

simple but nice - Edit

I was so excited to go here after reading all the great reviews! Indeed it was nice to go somewhere 100% vegan in paris.We both got the meal for 11 euro which came with a burger, salad and drink. I can't remember the names of the burgers we had but there was only a few options on the menu. We enjoyed the burgers and the salad was nice too, neither was full of flavour however we didn't mind this as it can be hard to get good simple food in paris. The staff were very down to earth and when we went (around 2:30 I think) the place was not busy at all so maybe come a bit later to avoid the lunchtime rush others have mentioned. Overall we left very satisfied.

Pros: good quality ingredients , engaging staff

Finalement déçue - Edit

J'y suis allée plusieurs fois et la qualité est en baisse. Très agréable surprise la première fois il y a maintenant plus d'1 an, mais mes visites suivantes n'ont pas confirmé cet essai. La galette que j'avais adorée a visiblement changé de recette et n'a plus le moindre intérêt. Certains restaurants de burger vegan proposent plusieurs alternatives gustatives de galette, mais comme quand chez Hank on n'en propose qu'une, elle doit être au niveau. Pareil pour le pain, ils ont également dû changer de fournisseur récemment. Bref j'ai voulu faire découvrir ça à des amis non vegan et au final ils ont été aussi déçus que moi. J'abandonne cette adresse, dommage, d'autant plus que j'adore leur carrot cake à l'orange.

Pros: sauce reciepes, Their carrot cake

Cons: Decreasing quality, Decreasing taste

Great, simple vegan burger place - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here when we were incredibly hungry struggling to find a vegan place open during the holiday in Paris. Hank’s was worth the wait! They make the burgers in front of you, and you can see the whole process. They make the patties from scratch, and they’re delicious.I ordered the black olive burger, and my boyfriend ordered the bbq sauce burger with cheese and potato wedges. Everything was delicious! They have a few desserts which looked phenomenal, like cookies and cakes, although we didn’t order any. The service was great as well. The staff was very friendly, and they spoke English which really helped us on our first day in Paris. The only con would have to be the price, although I do think it was worth it.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Can see food being made, 100% Vegan burgers, sides and desserts

Cons: Price

Hank Vegan Burger with meat eaters - Edit

Great little fast food joint, the staff is very friendly, and the place is quite nice.
The food was excellent, my friends who are meat eaters loved it too.
We all agreed to come back at an other point for some amazing burgers!

Pros: all vegan, really good burger/fries/dessert, cheap (for vegan restaurant)

Cons: small room, there can be quite a queue

yum - Edit

My boyfriend and I only had 3 days in Paris, and this was our first stop for food. Hands down the best burgers we've ever had. I'm sure omnis would even choose it over normal burgers. We also talked to the owner (pretty sure he was the owner) for a while, who was very friendly and helpful. He suggested Tien Hiang, and that was another meal we thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for an amazing experience!!

Pros: only vegan options

Cons: that we didn't have time to come back again :)

friendly staff, delicious burgers - Edit

the staff here is always extremely friendly and the place is open even on sundays which is great and doesn't happen often in paris ! the restaurant was always very small and all the guests had to awkwardly squeeze through the chairs and tables but they finally opened the second story where more people can sit now! the staff always has smiles on their faces, they once made a mistake on my order and redid my entire order for free ! la tata monique is in my opinion the best burger they have and the fries are just exquisite !! taste so fresh and not too salty, like they just came out the oven, just perfect. but i do think they're desserts aren't that great, especially not the carrot cake, but everything else is absolutely perfect. a great place to eat, especially after going to the pompidou (not too far). hank's also offers gluten free buns for their burgers

Pros: amicable staff, delicious burgers and fries, more space to sit than before

Cons: desserts aren't too great

Tasty burgers, friendly service great atmosphere - Edit

If you're in the neighbourhood, stop by: friendly quick service, tasty burgers and drinks. Young, energetic patrons. Lots of laughter, everyone having a good time. They could improve by offering different patty options - e.g. bean, tofu, seitan.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 26, 2015

Pros: tasty burger and sauces, good service, energetic atmosphere

Cons: only one type of patty

Great choice in a not-so-friendly-to-vegans city! - Edit

We were just in Paris with two of our girls and one girl's fiance. One vegan (me), one almost-vegetarian, one pescatarian, one former-vegetarian omnivore and another omnivore. On a Sunday evening, we looked for vegan restaurants and found most closed. Hank Vegan Burgers was on the opposite side of town, but we decided it would be worth the trip, and boy, was it! Between us we ordered four different varieties of burgers, and everyone loved theirs. Yes, it's tiny, the menu is limited, and sometimes you have to wait for a table, but I would highly recommend Hank to any vegan, vegetarian or veg-curious in Paris. It is proof that vegan food can be delicious as well as nutritious. Five thumbs up!

Pros: Delicious food, Large portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Small menu, Limited seating

Le meilleur burger vegan de Paris - Edit

Ambiance cool, équipe accueillante et sympathique et surtout des burgers excellents, des frites délicieuses, une mayo vegan maison à tomber et un carotte cake très bon !

Pros: 100% vegan ! Option pain sans gluten

great vegan spot in Paris - Edit

I visit Hank's every time I go to Paris. It is a small menu but th burgers and fries are delicious as are the desserts. There are even gluten free offerings too. It is very small although they have now opened an upstairs so there is a little more room to sit. The service is good and friendly. The menu is a great deal too. I wish they would open up here in Brussels.

Pros: delicious food, reasonable, friendly service

Cons: not much room to sit if it is busy.

Great find in Paris - Edit

The wife and I travel a lot. As such we rely on Happy Cow a lot. This is another instance where Happy Cow saved the day. We both had the BBQ burger and fries. I'm pretty picky with the veggie burgers that I like. Normally if it's not a Boca Burger, or the Morningstar Farms veggie patty, I'm not a fan. And I really hate the mushy grain-type patties that most laces make in-house. However, this was a great burger (even though it was more of the mushy kind). The flavor was excellent and the texture was far better than most., The fries were, thick cut wedges that were perfectly seasoned. There were lots of other options as well. All in all. We highly recommend it.

Pros: plenty of variations on the burger.

Cons: only one type of burger patty.

Very good burgers - Edit

Very good barbecue burger with nice portion of wedges, great mayo and great cookie with chocolate chips. Friendly staff, only downside the price as it's a little too on the expensive side. second time there and quality of good and service improved as it's open also upstairs.

Wouahou ! - Edit

I went there with a couple of non-veg friends, and this was the best place to proove that you can eat healthy, vegan and a lot for a very good price in Paris. With 12,50€, I had a big delicious burger (with the extra vegan cheese), fried potatoes to degust with a yummy vegan mayonese and an organic abricot juice. The atmosphere was very cool and the team is super friendly.
Their homemade desserts are also fantastic (I tried the cookies and carrot cake).
No more hunger thanks to delicious food in a very nice place for a very cheap price in a cool area. What else ?

Pros: Cheap, Very good location, DELICIOUUUUUUS

DELICIEUX ET BONNE AMBIANCE - Edit

J'ai adoré et mes amis aussi (pas tous végé) / Un excellent endroit pour faire réfléchir ceux qui se posent encore des questions. Des burgers élaborés avec des f-vraies recettes, vraiment copieux ! Les prix sont très raisonnables (7€ pour un burger) seul.
Seul regret : le manque de place. Mais l'équipe m'a dit qu'ils étaient en train d'agrandir, avec l'étage du dessus ... il faut que j'y retourne pour vérifier :)

Pros: Saveurs, Ambiance, petits prix

Cons: les gobelets en plastique... pas top :/

Tasty, inexpensive vegan burgers - Edit

The burgers are really good, especially Le Petit Nerveux with coriander and tortilla chips. I went there several times, and this became my favourite. My meals usually cost less than 10 Euros, which is very inexpensive for this area of Paris. If the weather is good, order your food as take-out and go just a few metres down the road into the courtyard of Archives, where you can sit in the sun. But the restaurant also recently expanded by adding the first floor as a seating area, so now there should be enough space even if you want to eat indoors.
Unfortunately, the food is packaged in paper even if you eat in. But apparently they are trying to reduce packaging or use recycled paper.

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: a lot of packaging

I would go back - Edit

I had a great burger with fries and a drink for 11€ which is quite acceptable for Paris. The downside is that the burgers and fries are served in packaging instead of on a plate which produces a lot of waste for people eating on-site.

Loved it! - Edit

Best vegan burger I ever had since now.
Central location, friendly and kind staff and, of course, excellent food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 10, 2015

Pros: Excelent food, Friendly staff, Good value

Must visit! - Edit

Tiny little place in beautiful area of Paris, great vibes and staff were so so friendly! Burgers were delicious and desserts to die for! great service-only 10 minutes wait despite there being around 20 other customers. Definitely recommend for meat eaters, vegans and anyone in between!

Pros: Great food , Good service , Excellent staff

Best vegan Burger I have ever had! - Edit

This place is amazing!
The fodd is fresh, it tasteds delicious, and the price is very fair!
ALso glutenfree Burgers available!!!

Pros: Delicious Food, Glutenfree Options, Fair Price

Cons: Very little sitting options

Contributions +32

Best Burgers and Friendliest Staff!! - Edit

I went to Hank Vegan Burger with my mom when we travelled to Paris this last July. We were only in Paris for 7 days, but we had Hank Vegan Burger 3 times because it was so good and the staff were so friendly and helpful. It is a must try if you are a vegan in Paris!

I had the Tata Monique 2x and the The Lit once - both so tasty!

Pros: Excellent food , Amazing staff , Unique flavours

Cons: Small restaurant

Great Vegan Fast food in Paris - Edit

A scruffy little fast food , fully Vegan burger bar in the heart of Paris. Burgers, chips and puds are great. Cheap and cheerful, friendly fun loving (hard working staff). Just don't expect sit down and table service. We had a great time there - if we lived in Paris we would go there lots

Pros: tasty, tasty, tasty, Cheap for Paris, Funky

Cons: Only a few seats to dine in, limited menu, gets crowded

Best Burgers in Paris - Edit

One of my all time favourite restaurants. The burgers are delicious, they have a gluten-free option, which makes a huge difference! The stuff is nice and the prices really reasonable for Paris. Great location and cosy restaurant!

Pros: Reasonable prces, Delicious burgers and fries, Central location

Cons: Not very big and could get busy

Impressed way beyond expectations. - Edit

During our week in Paris we visited Hank twice. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything too exciting but we first went on a sunny day and it was full so we got our order to take away and just eat on a bench down the road. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was actually incredible!
I am Vegan and my boyfriend is not which is why we decided to go to hank in the first place, I don't normally like meat substitutes but it was really good! Everything tasted like real good food and wasn't oily at all.

Because we had such a great first visit we decided to visit again and sit in towards the end of our trip and were once again not dissapointed. This time we got dessert as well and both got cookies, which were great.

We are both agreed that this was the best food we ate in Paris!

Pros: Amazing food., Friendly, helpful staff., English menu's as well as French.

Cons: Quite small.

Wonderful Burgers, wonderful choice - Edit

This place wasn't too busy when we arrived at about 3pm so all 5 of us got a seat. The burger tasted fantastic and there is an imaginative range on offer. I also had a biscuit which was really good too. The atmosphere was friendly and funky - I really liked this place. They happily spoke good English there too.

Perfect - Edit

There's really nothing to say about this place: the burgers are amazing, the staff is friendly and the restaurant is cute.
The only downside is the lack of tables, but we only had to wait 5 minutes.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: very few tables

very tasty - Edit

Very tasty burger and fries. Fair priced menu - and nice vegan mayonaise.
Friendly staff. Very small so taking out might be an option, but with so many great parks around, that's not a punishment at all :)

Pros: vegan mayonaise, tasty, friendly staff

Cons: small

Excellent Karma Burgers! - Edit

I've only been there once, but I highly recommend to go there if you go to Paris.
Hank means 'Have A Nice Karma' and all the people working there have actually a nice karma ;)
Yummy burgers!! Make sure to try them

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 16, 2015

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food

Hit the Spot - Edit

Small vegan burger joint with some very satisfying sandwiches. Plus they were open until 10. I usually don't eat this late but I didn't plan on sleeping until at least 1am due to jetlag. It's a small location so plan so don't plan on eating in. Carrot cake is a must!

Pros: great vegan burgers , reasonable prices

Cons: small

Little burger joint - Edit

If you are looking for one of the best vegan burger in Paris. Look no further.

But don't come with a lot of people especially around noon, since the place will be quickly filled.

Perfect for take out though.

As for the burger I had a La catcheuse which is compose of mustard and sprouted seeds. And Vegan cheese in option.

Pros: Delicious French fries, Awesome burgers

Tucked away, small, but worth it! - Edit

This burger bar is tucked away on a smaller street, and it took me some time getting there. I walked 2.5km to get from where I was (just north of the Louvre) to Hank's in about 40 mins. When I got there, it was a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, with seating for only about 10 people (a table for 6-8 and a bar table for 3). Hank's has it's own kind of charm, though, thanks to its "hole-in-the-wall" nature. And the staff were friendly, the prices were reasonable, and the food was delicious! I'd recommend this to every vegan who passes through the area!

A burger is 7€.
Le "petit menu" = burger, side, drink = 11€
Le "grand menu" = burger, side, drink, dessert = 13€

I got: "Le Catcheuse" burger, carrot cake, and a blonde beer.
My mum got: "Le Touriste" ("Le Balinais" at the time we were there)

I enjoyed "Le Balinais" more than my own burger! This one had lots of flavour, in my opinion. My mum found them to be about equal. The carrot cake was small but sweet, and I took it home to enjoy with a glass of rice milk (I love milk with my baked goods!).

Pros: Good ingredients, Flavourful, 100% vegan!

Cons: Out of the way, Small

Amazing! - Edit

The staff were very friendly and had menus in multiple languages. I got the Monique burger and it was amazing! The the burger is so flavoursome, cheese is so creamy and the mayo for the chips was addictive. I'm a new vegan and I miss dairy and the cheese was to daiya for. We walked about 6km to get here after seeing it on happycow and I'm so happy we did! Happy cow- happy human!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 29, 2015

Pros: Flavoursome, Creamy cheese/mayo, Friendly staff

Cons: They aren't everywhere!

good burgers great fries - Edit

Stopped in for a quick lunch - the burgers are freshly made to order, there is a small but ample selection of flavours to have.

Fries were great as too were the burgers.

Service was quick and friendly.

Not boring burgers, definitely worth going - Edit

I tend to think of burgers as boring because I can just make them myself, but these are really interesting and have lots of sauces, which I love. We had the Mustard Burger, which was nice and juicy, and the BBQ Burger, which was great, especially with extra vegan mayo they have on the counter. We also had the Tourist Burger, which changes often and this one was peanut butter sauce with coconut milk and it was good too, though I think the BBQ burger was my favorite. Mmmm…the fries :) With lots of ketchup available on the counter as well. The desserts are great too! The atmosphere is cramped and fun and the people are really nice.

Pros: Good range of burgers, Cheap, Lots of sauces

Cons: Small space

Merveilleux! - Edit

Yesterday we walked 15km in Paris and walked from vegan restaurant to restaurant to....Hank Vegan Burger :) We arrived at 20:30 and the small 'fastfood'restaurant was crowded! It was very cosy and the food was merveilleux! We had the burger menu with chips and coleslaw, the vegan mayo was the best we ever had. Thank you guys for the food and happy feelings. We will sure visit again,

Kiki & Erwin

Pros: See review

Cons: A bit small, or to succesful

delicieux - Edit

J'ai tout de suite aimé ce petit restaurant. Nous avons été très bien accueillies avec ma famille et le décor chaleureux et casual nous a beaucoup plus. Nous nous sommes régalées sur tout (burgers, sides, desserts) et nous reviendront certainement lors de notre prochain voyage à Paris.

Pros: l'accueil, la qualité des produits

I've been here twice now and amazing each time! - Edit

Can't wait to go back again. The staff are always friendly and the food is amazing of course for such a good price too! How can you go wrong with a vegan burger joint? We had a burger, chips, cookie and a wine for 13 euros! Amazingly cheap.

Fast food - Edit

The food at Hank's was fast and quite tasty, but nothing too special. The burgers didn't have much texture to them - no outer crisp, they were all tender. The chips were nice, but not spectacular. The service was friendly and fast, but the inside of the restaurant is so tiny, it wasn't that comfortable to eat in. If they have chance to expand, it will be much better. Good food, but nothing ground breaking.

Pros: All vegan, 4 or 5 burger choices per day, Fast and friendly

Cons: Not much seating, Not the best burgers

Un peu déçue... - Edit

Avec mon petit ami (nouveau végan), on tente de nouveaux restaurants VG sur Paris. A la base, on connaissait les plats version VG du bar Le Dernier Bar Avant La Fin Du Monde, puis le restaurant VG , tous les deux très délicieux et nos petits favoris.
A force d'y aller, on a décider de voir ce qu'il se passait ailleurs et après avoir lu les avis, on s'est lancé, un après-midi, d'aller chez Hank. On a été très surpris au premier abord par la taille du restaurant : complètement minuscule, il y a juste assez d'espace pour 6 personnes assises à tables et 3 à une table/bar. De plus, ils sont en "duplex" avec un spa, ce qui faisait que en plus des clients qui venaient et partaient avec leurs menus à emporté par manque de place, il y avait les clients du spa qui ouvraient et fermaient la porte créant des courants d'air. On a eu froid et un peu de mal pour se sentir bien installés. Mais de par le quartier on comprend finalement la petitesse des locaux.
L’accueil fait par les deux jeunes femmes qui nous ont servi était totalement désintéressé : elles discutaient de leurs histoires personnelles de vives voix...
Passant cela, le menu semblait correct mais très restreint. On a choisi un Petit Menu pour moi et un Grand Menu pour mon chéri, avec respectivement Tata monique + la salade du jour + une bionade, et le Petit Nerveux + frites + bionade + un gâteau au chocolat. On a été servi rapidement. Les portions nous semblaient petites et on l'a rapidement ressenti. Nos accompagnement n'étaient vraiment pas une réussite : la salade de riz pour ma part pas du tout assaisonnée et sec, les frites grasses et molles. Les burgers étaient bons, pas de différence flagrante dans la composition à part les sauces...
Les desserts, on a adoré ! Tout juste sorti du four, on a dévoré le petit gâteau à la banane et chocolat. On s'en ai racheté 2 par la suite.

C'est la seule expérience que j'ai eu dans ce restaurant, le prix, qui ne résonne pas avec la qualité du service et du menu, nous rebute. On compte y retourner très prochainement pour voir si cela n'a pas évolué !
A tester, avec un grand mais...

Pros: L'emplacement (Marais), Les desserts

Cons: Le menus et le prix (restreint et cher), L’accueil !!

love love love this place! - Edit

My boyfriend and I stopped here during a short trip to Paris. We LOVED this place. The owner Pierre was very wonderful, and it's very obvious he is passionate about the cause. (Hank stands for Have-A-Nice-Karma...because as Pierre said "when you eat vegan, you have nice karma") The service is very quick, and the food was SO delicious. Also open late hours (esp. for Paris).

So good I couldn't resist a 3rd burger - Edit

I do have a naturally big appetite and when something tastes good I just want more. At first I order two burgers and they were just so great. I then got talking to some other people eating in there (friendly place) and then thought I've got room for another so I had another. Really friendly and helpful staff who are happy to talk English. If you want a quick bite I'd highly recommend.

Pros: Had me coming back for more, Cool staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Not much room to sit down, It was quite warm inside