First Review by Sasha,yetanother

Delicious Vegan Burgers - Edit

I love the burgers here and have taken many a non-vegan who liked it as well! The potato sides are delicious, I highly recommend stopping by here, my favorite burger being le Petit Nerveux. My only suggestion would be that they add little dishes or cups to put condiments in, so I could avoid just squirting ketchup on my tray.

Pros: Excellent food, nice atmosphere, good value

Cons: nothing to put condiments in

Excellent! - Edit

Vegan burger joint positioned in historic French building with trendy fixtures. Easy access to Metro. Priced well at 20€~ for 2 beers, 2 burgers and 2 fries. The food was wholesome, tasty, gourmet and generous in size. The staff spoke English and were very pleasant to deal with. It was a real treat. Merci! Thank you so much.

Pros: Location, Food, Service

Fantastic vegan burgers - good value meal in Paris! - Edit

Best value for money we've found eating out in Paris so far as the big meal deal is 14E. You get a delicious vegan burger, wedges, a drink and a dessert.
We tried the smokey BBQ burger - really good, smokey flavour and great trimmings - and the burger that came with tomato, basil and black olives, which was great. Organic soft drinks. For dessert we tried the strawberry sorbet and a carrot cake. The carrot cake is surprisingly light, spongey and tasty.
There is a really nice, cool, seating area upstairs with furniture made from recycled wood, as well as the counter with stools downstairs. We liked that they had huge dispensers so you could help yourself to extra sauces and separate waste for recycling.
The staff were friendly and there was a pleasant atmosphere.

Pros: All vegan! , Value for money meal , Choice of delicious burgers

Yummy Burgers - Edit

This cosy little place is just around the corner when visiting Musée Carnavalet. I recommend taking the grand menu if you're hungry where you can get a main (burger), a side, a dessert and a drink for 14 eur. Totally vegan place, very friendly staff, the menu is also in english and the burgers are fantastic, especially The tourist! Potato wedges were also delish.
Will be definitely visiting again when in Paris.

Pros: Friendly staff, yummy food, reasonably priced for Paris

good place - Edit

the staff was very friendly and spoke english very well, the hamburgers were excellent and the potato wedges as well, I think there were oven made, not fried, the food was not oily and the atmosphere was very cosy.
I definitly recommend!

Pros: Tasty, Cosy atmosphere, Great Straff

Cons: Not french food

Great experience! - Edit

Really yummy burgers! We got two burgers, two drinks, potato wedges, coleslaw and a carrot cake and paid 26 euros, which is very reasonable. Especially since the burger might have been the best one i've had. Staff is really friendly and speaks english, service was quite fast. Definitely go have a look if you are in the area.

They've got you covered from A-Z - Edit

Hank has amazing food. It's a typical 'American' fast food diner, but all-vegan! The food is fantastic, the staff are some of the warmest people in the whole city, best vibe of comfort I've been searching for the whole time I was in Paris. A great way for my husband and I to spend our last evening in town!

Pros: Down to earth 'vibe' we've been searching for, Delicious, Friendliest staff ever

Cons: Upstairs gets too warm very easily

Excellent burgers / super burgers - Edit

Delicious simple fast food. Not exactly healthy but sometimes you want it. Burgers were very good. Maybe too much bread? €14 for chips, drink, burger and dessert. There is a room to seat on the top.

Un fast food comme on les aime. Burgers vraiment réussis. Sûrement les meilleurs que j'aie jamais goûtés. La recette était cohérente, le pain moelleux, le steak fondant. Mais certains on trouvé qu'il y avait un peu trop de pain dans le burger. 14 € pour le burger, les frites, la boisson et le dessert. Salle à l'étage.

Pros: Best burgers / meilleurs burgers

Cons: Greasy (?) / Gras (mais c'est ça qui est bon)

Do yourself a favor and go here - Edit

After several expensive vegan meals in Paris, we were looking for a more reasonably priced but satisfying vegan option. These burgers did not disappoint! We got two different burgers and both were excellent. The burger patties themselves are good, but the combination of toppings is what makes them so great. The servings were large enough to satisfy as well, but fry portions were small compared to what you would get in the US.

These burgers really hit the spot, and I would recommend anyone, vegan or not, try them out.

Nice burgers with great mayo! - Edit

Nice vegan burger-place in Paris.

Good prices, nice burgers and delicious potato wedges and home-made mayo.

Pros: great mayo, great potato wedges, nice burgers

Cons: avoid the boring vegan cheese

Perfect - Edit

I went there 3 times and I've never been disappointed. Burgers are delicious, my favourite is "tata monique".

Pros: excellent burgers , nice ataff, mayonnaise home made

Cons: I don't really like bionade, we would have liked more fries, don't know

Cute, fast vegan - Edit

Cute little burger place in Paris, perfect for a quick meal, either take-a-way or eat-in. They have a handful of burgers on the menu, including The Tourist, which is a burger that changes regularly. Also have fries and desserts. Very large, filling portions.

this place is très populaire - Edit

I went here on a day it was supposed to storm because I figured all of the tourists would flee back to their hotel rooms (I say that as if I'm not one of them myself - lol). However, it was STILL a full house. The line lead outside with no inside seating available. The burger and fries were good but the cookie left a little to be desired. As there was no seating and it was raining, I ate my burger once I returned to my hotel (the cookies and fries never stood a chance at making it all the way there). That burger was still delicious even though it had gotten cold!

Pros: hearty meal, moderate prices (when compared to a US burger and , desserts

Cons: may be crowded

Best Vegan Burgers in Paris! - Edit

I moved to Paris about 9 months ago and I finally made my way to Hank. The burgers and fries are seriously to die for! The prices are really reasonable for Paris and you will not be disappointed. Not only did i enjoy every bite but my non-vegan french friends said it was one of the best things they have eaten (coming from cheese loving french girls against veganism that really says something).
The L'Allumé burger was 100% my favorite and I highly recommend, but dont forget to save room for a vegan dessert! Tip: always ask wha the dessert f the day is! Enjoy!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Amazing Food, Good Prices

Cons: Nothing at all!

Awesome Vegan Burger in Paris! - Edit

Really awesome people and excellent food. Tough to find good vegan food when traveling, but so happy to know I will be taken care of at Hank! Will definitely be back before we leave Paris. Merci boucoup!

Pros: Centrally located in Marais, Fresh food, Friendly team of people

quality fast food! - Edit

This is everything you would expect from a burger place. We loved it! Choice between different kinds of burgers and nice potato wedges and salads on the sides. Very quick service. Would recommend!

This is what fast food should be like! - Edit

Hank is a buzzy, queue-out-the-door, super cute burger joint. There is seating upstairs and it's all very popular (and they're opening a pizza place soon!). Delicious burger, home made everything, including the cheese, really tasty and not greasy fried potatoes and super friendly staff. We were delighted.

Pros: Delicious, Great price, Buzzy

Cons: Limited seating

Superb burgers & diner menu - Edit

Excellent hamburgers, one type gladly without garlic. Superb french (!) ;) fries made from very good, starchy potatoes. Nice seating upstairs (25 seats). Veganese with mustard -- yay! Good music & lemonades & tea & cookies. Full diner for EUR 14 incl. drink and dessert. The very good type of fast food place! Close to Centre Pompidou. USB sockets, too!

Pros: Superb fries, veganese sauce with mustard, clearly freshly made

Easy, Fast Food - Edit

Great burgers and fantastic meal deals (good portion sizes and low prices). Friendly staff and a good selection of burgers, a couple sides and deserts (although we were far too full to try the deserts). It was super busy when we went in but we managed to grab a table.

Pros: Great prices and portion sizes

Cons: Uncomfortable seating

tasty burger - Edit

The burger is tasty, nothing to complain about it! A good one! Potatoes could be better, they were served cold and not very fresh... Veganaise as well needs improvement. The place is nice, but not very comfortable. Staff kind, young and enthusiastic. Overall, toothsome vegan food but not a relaxing lunch.

Pros: burger

Cons: not comfortable place

Oasis in a vegan desert - Edit

Lovely wee place with super delicious vegan burgers, very reasonably priced for Paris, the menu is simple and fresh, seating area is small but comfortable, staff helpful and pleasant.

Pros: Fresh, quick, inexpensive.

Amazing Birthday - Edit

I was in Paris for my 17th birthday and my family promised they would all go vegan for a day. I brought them all to Hank Burgers and EVERYONE was impressed (even my 12 year old brother who thinks vegans are crazy). Everyone should try the burgers here!!

Pas trop mal - Edit

Un bon fast food, dommage qu'il y ait peu de places assises en raison de la taille. Un peu cher pour ce que c'est. Il faut d'ailleurs payer plus cher pour un pain sans gluten...

Pros: Ambiance, Bons burgers

Cons: Prix (+ options gluten-free payantes...), Choix (limité), Taille (difficile de s'assoir aux heures de pointe

Take all of your Non-Vegan Friends Here - Edit

My burger, fries and dessert (chocolate chip/nut cookie) were all exceptional. The staff is friendly and helpful, but be careful when ordering as the cashier, who did not understand English too well, thought I ordered two burgers. Too be honest I didn't mind when I realized, as there food is so good I will happily eat two. Also, I recommend not going at prime lunch time as there is quite a wait. Go in the afternoon and service will be fast. I like there upstairs eating area.

Pros: Great food, Friendly service, Warm, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: Can be crowded

la perfection - Edit

Je suis une cliente de Hank depuis un moment déjà et j'y retourne (très) régulièrement avec grand plaisir. Très bonne accueil et surtout nourriture absolument délicieuse! C'est un très bon endroit pour faire découvrir la Vegan "Junk Food" aux non initiés. Très efficace :)

Pros: nourriture délicieuse , propreté , accueil des staffs

Faultless - Edit

I am a frequent visitor to Hank burger and I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed. The quality of the food has always been amazing. The staff is also always very friendly. The standout from Hank has to be the mayonnaise though. People love it so much that Hank have started selling it for people to take away. No matter what you get just make sure that you don't miss out on the mayonnaise! The only slight downside is that sometimes it may be hard to get seating but that just goes to show how popular the place is!

Pros: The mayonnaise, Friendly staff, Lots of options

Cons: Occasionally hard to get seating

Hip place, tasty burgers. Try a meal deal - Edit

What I love about Hank's is that it doesn't feel different there from the hipster meat-based burger place round the corner... except that there are no animal products involved! Their food is vegan, ethical, organic, and low on food miles but most of all tasty and served in a cool setting. Sometimes vegan places just feel a bit too "worthy" for me- Hank strikes a good balance.
They have about four regular menu options that are always available, and a daily changing special. I love the fig jam and rocket special.
Fries are sweet potato, and they also do a carrot & white cabbage vegan coleslaw.
Try a meal deal (burger, side, drink for about 11€ or a little extra with a dessert too- one of the options is a tasty moist carrot cake)
Bear in mind this is a fast food joint not a restaurant, so the vibe is more cafe than bistro (you get your food on a tray and bin your waste yourself in recycle bins). Downstairs is a little small and can get crowded but the upstairs room has more breathing space as well as coat racks etc to make for a comfortable eating experience.

Nice Burgers - Edit

I loved the place. The new room upstairs is very cozy. The burgers are really good. We ordered 3 different ones and they all got a thumb up.

The cookies was nice as well. :)

I think they forgot to add the extra cheese we asked for (and paid for) in the burgers. Maybe keep an eye on your burger while they are making them ! :P

Pros: Cozy place, Good burger

Loved the burger! - Edit

I loved the burger with the tortilla chips in it!
I love to discover vegan places in other major cities and this is a must go place! The burger I had was about €8 and wasn't really that big, so I think it's a bit more expensive than other vegan burgers I had. But the tast was amazing.
They make everything fresh and they personnel is very nice and helpful.
It was quite busy so there wasn't much place to sit, but it was very cosy. I think a lot of Parisienes love to hangout here. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Paris!

Pros: Everything is vegan, Nice personnel , Nice place

Cons: A bit expensive , A small location, Wifi doesn't work

A must go - Edit

They serve about 5 different kinds of burgers, with the option to get a combo with fries, beverage and dessert. The burger was super juicy and tasty, self serving dressings, and the carrot cake was so yummy. Well served portions and fair price.

Cool and vegan - Edit

The staff were great and the interior was very trendy. I like that they call your name over the sound system if you go upstairs.
Burgers were decent, fries were great and I had a nice glass of red wine. The free drums of mayo, mustard and ketchup were cool too. Loved the chocolate mousse!
Not that cheap so keep that in mind.

Pros: Great staff, Cool interiors

Cons: Pricey

Great vegan burger bar & try the chocolate mousse! - Edit

This was a great vegan burger bar. The burgers were really tasty, though the vegan cheese was a bit greasy. To be fair, I am no longer used to fast food so this might not be too greasy for everyone.

This place is definitely great value for your money. You can get a menu for only €11,80. I had the "le touriste" burger, which was amazing. I also loved the coleslaw and potato wedges. The chocolate mousse for dessert was fabulous.

This place does not have many things on the menu, but I like the simplicity. I do think they could improve with fresh juices. The mayonnaise also could have been better.

It is self-service but the staff is very friendly. The interior is simple but lovely. Highly recommended to satisfy your fast-food cravings.

Pros: Chocolate mousse, Cheap , Burgers were great

Cons: No fresh juices, Mayonnaise could have been better, Vegan cheese too greasy

Amazing vegan burgers - Edit

Love this place, it has amazing yummy vegan burgers and potatoes! Chocolate chip cookies are excellent as well. It's a small restaurant that has a very cosy and relaxed atmosphere and very friendly staff. A menu (burger+potatoes+a drink) is 11,80 EUR,so great food for great value.You have to order at the counter (self-service) and they don't take reservation.

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 23, 2016

Pros: Variety (4-5 different burgers), Friendly staff, Central location

Cons: The place is not very big

Très bon !! - Edit

Délicieux et sympathique. Pas très cher pour voir que c'est un resto "hypster" dans le marais. Un bémol peut être sur le peu d'espace et la taille des jus de fruit. Et un petit effort à fournir sur le zéro déchet mais c'est un très bon "fast food" : je recommande

Pros: Tout est vegan

Cons: Le pain sans gluten à +2€

simple but nice - Edit

I was so excited to go here after reading all the great reviews! Indeed it was nice to go somewhere 100% vegan in paris.We both got the meal for 11 euro which came with a burger, salad and drink. I can't remember the names of the burgers we had but there was only a few options on the menu. We enjoyed the burgers and the salad was nice too, neither was full of flavour however we didn't mind this as it can be hard to get good simple food in paris. The staff were very down to earth and when we went (around 2:30 I think) the place was not busy at all so maybe come a bit later to avoid the lunchtime rush others have mentioned. Overall we left very satisfied.

Pros: good quality ingredients , engaging staff

Finalement déçue - Edit

J'y suis allée plusieurs fois et la qualité est en baisse. Très agréable surprise la première fois il y a maintenant plus d'1 an, mais mes visites suivantes n'ont pas confirmé cet essai. La galette que j'avais adorée a visiblement changé de recette et n'a plus le moindre intérêt. Certains restaurants de burger vegan proposent plusieurs alternatives gustatives de galette, mais comme quand chez Hank on n'en propose qu'une, elle doit être au niveau. Pareil pour le pain, ils ont également dû changer de fournisseur récemment. Bref j'ai voulu faire découvrir ça à des amis non vegan et au final ils ont été aussi déçus que moi. J'abandonne cette adresse, dommage, d'autant plus que j'adore leur carrot cake à l'orange.

Pros: sauce reciepes, Their carrot cake

Cons: Decreasing quality, Decreasing taste

Great, simple vegan burger place - Edit

My boyfriend and I went here when we were incredibly hungry struggling to find a vegan place open during the holiday in Paris. Hank’s was worth the wait! They make the burgers in front of you, and you can see the whole process. They make the patties from scratch, and they’re delicious.I ordered the black olive burger, and my boyfriend ordered the bbq sauce burger with cheese and potato wedges. Everything was delicious! They have a few desserts which looked phenomenal, like cookies and cakes, although we didn’t order any. The service was great as well. The staff was very friendly, and they spoke English which really helped us on our first day in Paris. The only con would have to be the price, although I do think it was worth it.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Can see food being made, 100% Vegan burgers, sides and desserts

Cons: Price

Hank Vegan Burger with meat eaters - Edit

Great little fast food joint, the staff is very friendly, and the place is quite nice.
The food was excellent, my friends who are meat eaters loved it too.
We all agreed to come back at an other point for some amazing burgers!

Pros: all vegan, really good burger/fries/dessert, cheap (for vegan restaurant)

Cons: small room, there can be quite a queue

yum - Edit

My boyfriend and I only had 3 days in Paris, and this was our first stop for food. Hands down the best burgers we've ever had. I'm sure omnis would even choose it over normal burgers. We also talked to the owner (pretty sure he was the owner) for a while, who was very friendly and helpful. He suggested Tien Hiang, and that was another meal we thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for an amazing experience!!

Pros: only vegan options

Cons: that we didn't have time to come back again :)

friendly staff, delicious burgers - Edit

the staff here is always extremely friendly and the place is open even on sundays which is great and doesn't happen often in paris ! the restaurant was always very small and all the guests had to awkwardly squeeze through the chairs and tables but they finally opened the second story where more people can sit now! the staff always has smiles on their faces, they once made a mistake on my order and redid my entire order for free ! la tata monique is in my opinion the best burger they have and the fries are just exquisite !! taste so fresh and not too salty, like they just came out the oven, just perfect. but i do think they're desserts aren't that great, especially not the carrot cake, but everything else is absolutely perfect. a great place to eat, especially after going to the pompidou (not too far). hank's also offers gluten free buns for their burgers

Pros: amicable staff, delicious burgers and fries, more space to sit than before

Cons: desserts aren't too great

Tasty burgers, friendly service great atmosphere - Edit

If you're in the neighbourhood, stop by: friendly quick service, tasty burgers and drinks. Young, energetic patrons. Lots of laughter, everyone having a good time. They could improve by offering different patty options - e.g. bean, tofu, seitan.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 26, 2015

Pros: tasty burger and sauces, good service, energetic atmosphere

Cons: only one type of patty

Great choice in a not-so-friendly-to-vegans city! - Edit

We were just in Paris with two of our girls and one girl's fiance. One vegan (me), one almost-vegetarian, one pescatarian, one former-vegetarian omnivore and another omnivore. On a Sunday evening, we looked for vegan restaurants and found most closed. Hank Vegan Burgers was on the opposite side of town, but we decided it would be worth the trip, and boy, was it! Between us we ordered four different varieties of burgers, and everyone loved theirs. Yes, it's tiny, the menu is limited, and sometimes you have to wait for a table, but I would highly recommend Hank to any vegan, vegetarian or veg-curious in Paris. It is proof that vegan food can be delicious as well as nutritious. Five thumbs up!

Pros: Delicious food, Large portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Small menu, Limited seating

Le meilleur burger vegan de Paris - Edit

Ambiance cool, équipe accueillante et sympathique et surtout des burgers excellents, des frites délicieuses, une mayo vegan maison à tomber et un carotte cake très bon !

Pros: 100% vegan ! Option pain sans gluten

great vegan spot in Paris - Edit

I visit Hank's every time I go to Paris. It is a small menu but th burgers and fries are delicious as are the desserts. There are even gluten free offerings too. It is very small although they have now opened an upstairs so there is a little more room to sit. The service is good and friendly. The menu is a great deal too. I wish they would open up here in Brussels.

Pros: delicious food, reasonable, friendly service

Cons: not much room to sit if it is busy.

Great find in Paris - Edit

The wife and I travel a lot. As such we rely on Happy Cow a lot. This is another instance where Happy Cow saved the day. We both had the BBQ burger and fries. I'm pretty picky with the veggie burgers that I like. Normally if it's not a Boca Burger, or the Morningstar Farms veggie patty, I'm not a fan. And I really hate the mushy grain-type patties that most laces make in-house. However, this was a great burger (even though it was more of the mushy kind). The flavor was excellent and the texture was far better than most., The fries were, thick cut wedges that were perfectly seasoned. There were lots of other options as well. All in all. We highly recommend it.

Pros: plenty of variations on the burger.

Cons: only one type of burger patty.

Very good burgers - Edit

Very good barbecue burger with nice portion of wedges, great mayo and great cookie with chocolate chips. Friendly staff, only downside the price as it's a little too on the expensive side. second time there and quality of good and service improved as it's open also upstairs.

Wouahou ! - Edit

I went there with a couple of non-veg friends, and this was the best place to proove that you can eat healthy, vegan and a lot for a very good price in Paris. With 12,50€, I had a big delicious burger (with the extra vegan cheese), fried potatoes to degust with a yummy vegan mayonese and an organic abricot juice. The atmosphere was very cool and the team is super friendly.
Their homemade desserts are also fantastic (I tried the cookies and carrot cake).
No more hunger thanks to delicious food in a very nice place for a very cheap price in a cool area. What else ?

Pros: Cheap, Very good location, DELICIOUUUUUUS

DELICIEUX ET BONNE AMBIANCE - Edit

J'ai adoré et mes amis aussi (pas tous végé) / Un excellent endroit pour faire réfléchir ceux qui se posent encore des questions. Des burgers élaborés avec des f-vraies recettes, vraiment copieux ! Les prix sont très raisonnables (7€ pour un burger) seul.
Seul regret : le manque de place. Mais l'équipe m'a dit qu'ils étaient en train d'agrandir, avec l'étage du dessus ... il faut que j'y retourne pour vérifier :)

Pros: Saveurs, Ambiance, petits prix

Cons: les gobelets en plastique... pas top :/

Tasty, inexpensive vegan burgers - Edit

The burgers are really good, especially Le Petit Nerveux with coriander and tortilla chips. I went there several times, and this became my favourite. My meals usually cost less than 10 Euros, which is very inexpensive for this area of Paris. If the weather is good, order your food as take-out and go just a few metres down the road into the courtyard of Archives, where you can sit in the sun. But the restaurant also recently expanded by adding the first floor as a seating area, so now there should be enough space even if you want to eat indoors.
Unfortunately, the food is packaged in paper even if you eat in. But apparently they are trying to reduce packaging or use recycled paper.

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: a lot of packaging

I would go back - Edit

I had a great burger with fries and a drink for 11€ which is quite acceptable for Paris. The downside is that the burgers and fries are served in packaging instead of on a plate which produces a lot of waste for people eating on-site.

Loved it! - Edit

Best vegan burger I ever had since now.
Central location, friendly and kind staff and, of course, excellent food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 10, 2015

Pros: Excelent food, Friendly staff, Good value

Must visit! - Edit

Tiny little place in beautiful area of Paris, great vibes and staff were so so friendly! Burgers were delicious and desserts to die for! great service-only 10 minutes wait despite there being around 20 other customers. Definitely recommend for meat eaters, vegans and anyone in between!

Pros: Great food , Good service , Excellent staff

Best vegan Burger I have ever had! - Edit

This place is amazing!
The fodd is fresh, it tasteds delicious, and the price is very fair!
ALso glutenfree Burgers available!!!

Pros: Delicious Food, Glutenfree Options, Fair Price

Cons: Very little sitting options

Best Burgers and Friendliest Staff!! - Edit

I went to Hank Vegan Burger with my mom when we travelled to Paris this last July. We were only in Paris for 7 days, but we had Hank Vegan Burger 3 times because it was so good and the staff were so friendly and helpful. It is a must try if you are a vegan in Paris!

I had the Tata Monique 2x and the The Lit once - both so tasty!

Pros: Excellent food , Amazing staff , Unique flavours

Cons: Small restaurant

Great Vegan Fast food in Paris - Edit

A scruffy little fast food , fully Vegan burger bar in the heart of Paris. Burgers, chips and puds are great. Cheap and cheerful, friendly fun loving (hard working staff). Just don't expect sit down and table service. We had a great time there - if we lived in Paris we would go there lots

Pros: tasty, tasty, tasty, Cheap for Paris, Funky

Cons: Only a few seats to dine in, limited menu, gets crowded

Best Burgers in Paris - Edit

One of my all time favourite restaurants. The burgers are delicious, they have a gluten-free option, which makes a huge difference! The stuff is nice and the prices really reasonable for Paris. Great location and cosy restaurant!

Pros: Reasonable prces, Delicious burgers and fries, Central location

Cons: Not very big and could get busy

Impressed way beyond expectations. - Edit

During our week in Paris we visited Hank twice. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything too exciting but we first went on a sunny day and it was full so we got our order to take away and just eat on a bench down the road. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was actually incredible!
I am Vegan and my boyfriend is not which is why we decided to go to hank in the first place, I don't normally like meat substitutes but it was really good! Everything tasted like real good food and wasn't oily at all.

Because we had such a great first visit we decided to visit again and sit in towards the end of our trip and were once again not dissapointed. This time we got dessert as well and both got cookies, which were great.

We are both agreed that this was the best food we ate in Paris!

Pros: Amazing food., Friendly, helpful staff., English menu's as well as French.

Cons: Quite small.

Wonderful Burgers, wonderful choice - Edit

This place wasn't too busy when we arrived at about 3pm so all 5 of us got a seat. The burger tasted fantastic and there is an imaginative range on offer. I also had a biscuit which was really good too. The atmosphere was friendly and funky - I really liked this place. They happily spoke good English there too.

Perfect - Edit

There's really nothing to say about this place: the burgers are amazing, the staff is friendly and the restaurant is cute.
The only downside is the lack of tables, but we only had to wait 5 minutes.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: very few tables

very tasty - Edit

Very tasty burger and fries. Fair priced menu - and nice vegan mayonaise.
Friendly staff. Very small so taking out might be an option, but with so many great parks around, that's not a punishment at all :)

Pros: vegan mayonaise, tasty, friendly staff

Cons: small

Excellent Karma Burgers! - Edit

I've only been there once, but I highly recommend to go there if you go to Paris.
Hank means 'Have A Nice Karma' and all the people working there have actually a nice karma ;)
Yummy burgers!! Make sure to try them

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 16, 2015

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food

Cons: Small place

Hit the Spot - Edit

Small vegan burger joint with some very satisfying sandwiches. Plus they were open until 10. I usually don't eat this late but I didn't plan on sleeping until at least 1am due to jetlag. It's a small location so plan so don't plan on eating in. Carrot cake is a must!

Pros: great vegan burgers , reasonable prices

Cons: small

Little burger joint - Edit

If you are looking for one of the best vegan burger in Paris. Look no further.

But don't come with a lot of people especially around noon, since the place will be quickly filled.

Perfect for take out though.

As for the burger I had a La catcheuse which is compose of mustard and sprouted seeds. And Vegan cheese in option.

Pros: Delicious French fries, Awesome burgers

Cons: Small place

Tucked away, small, but worth it! - Edit

This burger bar is tucked away on a smaller street, and it took me some time getting there. I walked 2.5km to get from where I was (just north of the Louvre) to Hank's in about 40 mins. When I got there, it was a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, with seating for only about 10 people (a table for 6-8 and a bar table for 3). Hank's has it's own kind of charm, though, thanks to its "hole-in-the-wall" nature. And the staff were friendly, the prices were reasonable, and the food was delicious! I'd recommend this to every vegan who passes through the area!

A burger is 7€.
Le "petit menu" = burger, side, drink = 11€
Le "grand menu" = burger, side, drink, dessert = 13€

I got: "Le Catcheuse" burger, carrot cake, and a blonde beer.
My mum got: "Le Touriste" ("Le Balinais" at the time we were there)

I enjoyed "Le Balinais" more than my own burger! This one had lots of flavour, in my opinion. My mum found them to be about equal. The carrot cake was small but sweet, and I took it home to enjoy with a glass of rice milk (I love milk with my baked goods!).

Pros: Good ingredients, Flavourful, 100% vegan!

Cons: Out of the way, Small

Amazing! - Edit

The staff were very friendly and had menus in multiple languages. I got the Monique burger and it was amazing! The the burger is so flavoursome, cheese is so creamy and the mayo for the chips was addictive. I'm a new vegan and I miss dairy and the cheese was to daiya for. We walked about 6km to get here after seeing it on happycow and I'm so happy we did! Happy cow- happy human!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 29, 2015

Pros: Flavoursome, Creamy cheese/mayo, Friendly staff

Cons: They aren't everywhere!

good burgers great fries - Edit

Stopped in for a quick lunch - the burgers are freshly made to order, there is a small but ample selection of flavours to have.

Fries were great as too were the burgers.

Service was quick and friendly.

Not boring burgers, definitely worth going - Edit

I tend to think of burgers as boring because I can just make them myself, but these are really interesting and have lots of sauces, which I love. We had the Mustard Burger, which was nice and juicy, and the BBQ Burger, which was great, especially with extra vegan mayo they have on the counter. We also had the Tourist Burger, which changes often and this one was peanut butter sauce with coconut milk and it was good too, though I think the BBQ burger was my favorite. Mmmm…the fries :) With lots of ketchup available on the counter as well. The desserts are great too! The atmosphere is cramped and fun and the people are really nice.

Pros: Good range of burgers, Cheap, Lots of sauces

Cons: Small space

Merveilleux! - Edit

Yesterday we walked 15km in Paris and walked from vegan restaurant to restaurant to....Hank Vegan Burger :) We arrived at 20:30 and the small 'fastfood'restaurant was crowded! It was very cosy and the food was merveilleux! We had the burger menu with chips and coleslaw, the vegan mayo was the best we ever had. Thank you guys for the food and happy feelings. We will sure visit again,

Kiki & Erwin

Pros: See review

Cons: A bit small, or to succesful

delicieux - Edit

J'ai tout de suite aimé ce petit restaurant. Nous avons été très bien accueillies avec ma famille et le décor chaleureux et casual nous a beaucoup plus. Nous nous sommes régalées sur tout (burgers, sides, desserts) et nous reviendront certainement lors de notre prochain voyage à Paris.

Pros: l'accueil, la qualité des produits

I've been here twice now and amazing each time! - Edit

Can't wait to go back again. The staff are always friendly and the food is amazing of course for such a good price too! How can you go wrong with a vegan burger joint? We had a burger, chips, cookie and a wine for 13 euros! Amazingly cheap.

Fast food - Edit

The food at Hank's was fast and quite tasty, but nothing too special. The burgers didn't have much texture to them - no outer crisp, they were all tender. The chips were nice, but not spectacular. The service was friendly and fast, but the inside of the restaurant is so tiny, it wasn't that comfortable to eat in. If they have chance to expand, it will be much better. Good food, but nothing ground breaking.

Pros: All vegan, 4 or 5 burger choices per day, Fast and friendly

Cons: Not much seating, Not the best burgers

Un peu déçue... - Edit

Avec mon petit ami (nouveau végan), on tente de nouveaux restaurants VG sur Paris. A la base, on connaissait les plats version VG du bar Le Dernier Bar Avant La Fin Du Monde, puis le restaurant VG , tous les deux très délicieux et nos petits favoris.
A force d'y aller, on a décider de voir ce qu'il se passait ailleurs et après avoir lu les avis, on s'est lancé, un après-midi, d'aller chez Hank. On a été très surpris au premier abord par la taille du restaurant : complètement minuscule, il y a juste assez d'espace pour 6 personnes assises à tables et 3 à une table/bar. De plus, ils sont en "duplex" avec un spa, ce qui faisait que en plus des clients qui venaient et partaient avec leurs menus à emporté par manque de place, il y avait les clients du spa qui ouvraient et fermaient la porte créant des courants d'air. On a eu froid et un peu de mal pour se sentir bien installés. Mais de par le quartier on comprend finalement la petitesse des locaux.
L’accueil fait par les deux jeunes femmes qui nous ont servi était totalement désintéressé : elles discutaient de leurs histoires personnelles de vives voix...
Passant cela, le menu semblait correct mais très restreint. On a choisi un Petit Menu pour moi et un Grand Menu pour mon chéri, avec respectivement Tata monique + la salade du jour + une bionade, et le Petit Nerveux + frites + bionade + un gâteau au chocolat. On a été servi rapidement. Les portions nous semblaient petites et on l'a rapidement ressenti. Nos accompagnement n'étaient vraiment pas une réussite : la salade de riz pour ma part pas du tout assaisonnée et sec, les frites grasses et molles. Les burgers étaient bons, pas de différence flagrante dans la composition à part les sauces...
Les desserts, on a adoré ! Tout juste sorti du four, on a dévoré le petit gâteau à la banane et chocolat. On s'en ai racheté 2 par la suite.

C'est la seule expérience que j'ai eu dans ce restaurant, le prix, qui ne résonne pas avec la qualité du service et du menu, nous rebute. On compte y retourner très prochainement pour voir si cela n'a pas évolué !
A tester, avec un grand mais...

Pros: L'emplacement (Marais), Les desserts

Cons: Le menus et le prix (restreint et cher), L’accueil !!

love love love this place! - Edit

My boyfriend and I stopped here during a short trip to Paris. We LOVED this place. The owner Pierre was very wonderful, and it's very obvious he is passionate about the cause. (Hank stands for Have-A-Nice-Karma...because as Pierre said "when you eat vegan, you have nice karma") The service is very quick, and the food was SO delicious. Also open late hours (esp. for Paris).

So good I couldn't resist a 3rd burger - Edit

I do have a naturally big appetite and when something tastes good I just want more. At first I order two burgers and they were just so great. I then got talking to some other people eating in there (friendly place) and then thought I've got room for another so I had another. Really friendly and helpful staff who are happy to talk English. If you want a quick bite I'd highly recommend.

Pros: Had me coming back for more, Cool staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Not much room to sit down, It was quite warm inside

excellent burgers - Edit

Really enjoyed the burgers and the energy here. I'd rate it five stars, but the sides were not as good as they could be. The frites were okay (seemed like maybe they weren't deep fried, so maybe they were a little healthier) and the salad of the day was mediocre.

Also wish it wasn't so cramped inside--hopefully they'll grow into a larger space.

Nice fast food - Edit

Nice fast food option if you are around Le Marais. They choice is not very big but enough. The burgers theirselves are fine. Not the best in the world but at least they are a bit different. The staff is nice and speak languages. The decoration is very cozy but the place is tiny. You'll probably have to take away your food.

Pros: Great location and staff, Tasty fast food

Cons: Tiny place

Fast and friendly but limited! - Edit

Boy things have changed Vegan wise in Paris! :) Hank burgers are small rice,tofu and mushroom made burgers that come with a choice of 6 sauces and veg. One of the choices 'le tourist' varies from day to day. The mustard option was good but we can't believe they don't do a fried onion option! maybe its an american thing? hank burger is rather American in style but despite the limited options of food the burgers are good, the interior clean, the service for us was friendly and in passable English. I'll go back again especially if they start doing sugar free cakes! Come on France you've sussed veganism is good for you now dump the poison that is sugar. This joint is a little way up Rye des Archives out of the cafe zone so its easy to think you've missed it, keep going north its on the left!

Pros: Quick, Clean, Good burger.

Cons: Limited menu, No sugar free desserts, American style :(

Leckerer Imbiss - Edit

Dieses sehr kleine Restaurant (10 Sitzplätze) ist perfekt für einen kurzen Imbiss auf der Stelle oder zum Mitnehmen. Für ein gediegenes Nachtessen bspw. lädt es nicht ein - its a small burger-place! Die Hamburger waren lecker (wir haben 2 probiert), genauso die Pommes-Frites, das Bier und die Saucen. Auch für Nicht-Veganer und Nicht-Vegetarier ist das Lokal empfehlenswert. Anmerkung: Der extra Käse, den man wählen konnte, hat mir nicht geschmeckt.

Disappointed from Los Angeles - Edit

Maybe we're spoiled in Los Angeles, but I took my family to Hank yesterday. We ordered four burgers, fries and two desserts. The burgers were pasty and luke warm. The white bread was not fresh and none of us (including my 12 year old son who will eat any dessert) could eat the chocolate cake or the cookie. The fries were good for being oven baked. Maybe it was just an off day, but we felt like we didn't want others to go out of their way and have the same experience as us. $60 was a lot to spend on a not so great meal.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cute, small space, Vegan

Cons: burger, Dessert, Buns

Dope Burgs! - Edit

I had the Tata Monique w/ fries and wine. One of the best burgers I've had in a while. Plus their vegan Mayo is the best I've had- goes great with the mustard. Staff were pleasant and happy to speak English. Extras were cheap. (wine only +1€)

Pros: Burger , Mayo

Bit confused about the raving reviews - Edit

Of course I was glad to eat at Hank's, and I do want to support any all-vegan place out there. But comparing the reviews to our experience made me think that we were at a different place.

I visited Hank's Burgers on a Thursday in December. The burgers were... fine. Not heavenly. Not bad. Fine. The fries were both slightly overcooked (black tips) and slightly soggy. The 'salad of the day' was very uninspired, the brownie was excellent. All in all, reasonable food, not very cheap.

The service was OK but we definitely overstayed our welcome, we were asked to leave shortly after we finished our meals (my companion spent some time checking her e-mail because her tablet didn't work with the hotel wifi, this was frowned upon). Which is their right, certainly: the place is small and it was quite full. But it all added to something quite a bit less than the five-star experience we expected based on the rave reviews.

Pros: Cute hole-in-the-wall atmosphere, Good burgers, Excellent desserts

Cons: Bad fries, Uninterested staff, Mediocre value-for-money

great succes! - Edit

Friendly and welcoming workers help you make your choosing in english without even asking if they speak it, which is nothing common in france. Easy menu with lots of options. We ate two burgers, both awesome, with salad and fries sides. Fries where homemade and tasty (carefull, homemade mustard is HOT!!) but the salad wasnt so good as it had too much vinegar. Chocolate brownie and cookies where very very nice. Also they offer a nice selection of organic beers

You shouldnt miss the place if you are a veggieburger fan.

Average burgers, bad service - Edit

i was very glad that this place opened, but I've been there twice so far and it didn't meet my expectations: burgers are very dry, even with the expensive vegan cheese added. Prices are pretty high, too (nearly 15 euros for a full menu), and the service was just terrible, I was barely acknowledge even though we were only two people there.

Go there once to have a quick meal and see for yourself, but don't expect more than the fact that it's 100% vegan (the only reason I might go there again).

Pros: 100% vegan, quick

Cons: Dry and not so tasty burgers, terrible service, small and crowded

Get A Burger There! - Edit

Fresh, tasty burgers and nice people working there. The small menu with a burger, a drink and small french fries is 11 euro-completely fair!

The Restaurant is pretty small. There are only a few places to sit.

Vegan burgers, close to the inner city - Edit

The burgers are great, you can order them with vegan cheese (which I didn't like) and every burger has a special sauce like one made of Indian lentils or tomato and basil. You can order a menu with fries or coleslaw and cookies. I liked the task of the burger.

The staff is friendly and speaks English. The place offers not many seats (around 10) but is very nice. It is not that far away from Rue Rivoli and other touristic sites.

Pros: Tasty food, nice people

Cons: limited seating

Tasty - Edit

Nice little place (with emphasis on little: I guess you'd squeeze in 13 people max.) Keep going along the Rue des Archives beyond the main drag of bars and restaurants and you'll find it easily enough. The staff were friendly, offering to make up an extra seat at the counter for me. The food was really tasty (le petit nerveux burger and fries, with some great mustard), washed down with a bottle of beer, all for the price of €13.50. Hankburger is clearly owned and run by people who are committed to their principles and are passionate about what they do.

Pros: Choice of organic beers, Mustard

does hank need another positive review? - Edit

i'm really pleased to see that hank has been such a roaring success. there's not really much that i can add - apart from another glowing review. the burgers are so good that they defy description. they've devised the most inventive flavour combinations. i last visited in july, 2014 & i'm still sent into paroxysms of pleasure when i remember my first bite of the le petit nerveux burger with its coriander spice & tortilla chip topping. sounds odd, right? your tiny mind will be blown. the frites are crisp & not too greasy. you can wash it all down with a beautiful bio drink & you'll still feel virtuous, 'cause everything's organic. you know the best bit? the ambience. it's a titchy, little place but the people who work there are really welcoming. time it right so you can sit & enjoy.

Pros: inventive, big, handmade burgers, welcoming, friendly people, all vegan, all organic!

Cons: teeny, tiny

Great Burgers. - Edit

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating Hank burgers twice while in Paris. We stumbled upon them while walking the streets and seeing a rally for animal rights and they had a booth their with a grill. They were so good we visited their location a few days later. You should definitely get the burgers with cheese when ordering. Their vegan cheese is much better than we have in Canada.

Be aware that their location is small so if it is busy you may need to take away your food.

Brilliant burgers! - Edit

I came from Venice on a Interrail-trip with last stop Paris and after a couple of days of pizza-without-cheese and pasta pomodori I was hungry for something more substantial. And boy, did I get it! This place has absolutely brilliant burgers - they are actually only bested by the Laplandburger with cheese at Yellow Sunshine in Berlin, but that's another story.

The only problem (a very luxurious one for a vegan) was the sheer amount of food in one small menu making me so stuffed I got to Versailles a bit later than planned. Will definitely come back here again!

Pros: Brilliant burgers!, 11€ for a small menu - good value!, Cheerful staff

Cons: Difficult to find, Small venue

Vegan ET Bio - Edit

Ayant participé au crowdfunding pour sa création je vais quand même essayer d'être objectif ;)
Ce qui est génial c'est que tout est bio & vegan, ce qui permet d'y aller les yeux fermés :)
Ce qui peut décevoir c'est la quantité, mais il faut garder en tête que tout est bio, et que le prix est au même niveau que les autres burgers, donc c'est un peu normal ^^
A noter que depuis l'ouverture le burger c'est agrandit, que les frites sont apparues, fromage vegan en extra, desserts variés (la mousse au chocolat est excellente^^), ...
L'intérieur est petit, donc mieux vaut ne pas tout miser sur le "sur place", et prévoir le "à emporter".

Pros: Tout vegan, Tout bio, Prix identique aux burgers non bio

Cons: Quantité suffisante mais limite, Peu de places à l'intérieur

just WOW - Edit

Defiantly worth the visit. It's just few different burgers in menu, which ones you can have with coleslaw or fries , but it's very tasty and feels like almost healthy :)
Organic coke and lemonade, few desserts (they are simple, nothing special), but anyway, this is a place for BURGERS, and they are incredible. Highly recommended.

Pros: Quality of food, Place and staff

Cons: Maybe new positions for menu

almost cried - Edit

The last time I had a burger with bread was years ago. When I bit into hank's burger, I almost cried. It was that good. With vegan cheese, mayo and Yummy GF bread to boot! Only con was the place is tiny so be ready to eat standing up or et your orders to go.

Wow, Great Burgers! - Edit

We visited Hank twice on our trip to Paris. It's a small shop but the staff are very friendly and most importantly, the food is excellent! The burgers are great and there's a variety of toppings. They offer extras like vegan cheese and mayo with the fries as well. This should definitely be a stop for any veggie or vegan visiting the city. Go support a place doing something truly unique in the city!

Best vegan burgers in Paris - Edit

Really loved this small vegan hamburger place! Everything is vegan. Even the mayo and the "cheese"!

Service is really kind!

Pros: best vegan burgers in Paris, everything vegan

Yummy! - Edit

Me and my girlfriend ate here in the rainy day on 6 August 2014. I ate a hamburger with pepperoni and barbecue sauce with vegan cheese and it was amazing!!! My girlfriend ate a hamburger with nachos and it was very tasty! The hamburgers are big and with french fries the menu is satisfying! I recommend the vegan mayonnaise..is amazing! 2 hamburger with vegan cheese+2 french frise with vegan mayonnaise +2 cola bio = 25,00€. Recommended!

Pros: Big Hamburger

Vegan and WONDERFUL!!! - Edit

Finally, there is decent, healthy and good tasting fast food in Paris! The food was excellent. The two ladies who do all of the work are incredibly nice and helpful. The prices are reasonable. And there is even free WiFi. What more could you one ask for? I was impressed and hope that the owners make a chain out of this place!

Do try the hamburger with the tortilla chips in it. It is "da bomb". Contrary to what a previous reviewer wrote, they now have French fries. I went for the "big platter" which consisted of a huge, American-sized burger, French fries, and a brownie. I added an organic dark beer to top it off and was in 7th heaven. Oh yea: the home made (vegan) mayonnaise was sensational!

The restaurant is cute, clean (including the bathroom!!!), inviting and cosy. It does get a bit warm in the summer (no air conditioning, in spite of the hot appliances), but it is still worth going to time and time again.

Is there anything to criticize about the place? No, not really. "Fast food" is really a misnomer. Each burger is fresh, so you should not plan on the eat-and-run paradigm, rather you will need a good 45 minutes to order, for your food to be cooked and for you to eat. That is not unreasonable, considering what you are getting.

One last point: The brownies are "good", but not "great". To be honest (in spite of how sick the following sounds), they need more (vegan) butter/margarine to be less healthy, but more authentic. They are served in a tiny, recyclable container with a wooden spoon. But brownies are like hamburgers: the best ones are eaten by hand, they are messy, and you WILL need a napkin when you are finished with them. No spoons...

Pros: Great people, Incredibly great food, Nice place, reasonable prices

Cons: Too hot inside

Expensive - Edit

Went there on a Sunday, just up the road at the back of the Pompidou centre. Two burgers, two fries, three drinks, well over €20. The servers overcharged us a euro and then took enormous offence when we pointed out their oh-so-very-definitely-not-deliberate-screwing-the-tourists mistake. And still screwed up the order when we finally got it. The place was like a sauna - so hot we couldn't eat inside. And the food was not much better than cardboard really. It was OK - but not as good as a McDonalds or Burger King veggie burger. There are far better veggie options in Paris than this. Don't go out of your way.

Great taste and charming people - Edit

Camille was very sweet and explained with all details their menu,, food was awesome, ,, (was funny cos we chare same name,, mine in spanish is Camilo) ,,

good food, fair price - Edit

My daughter and I had ordered a vegan burger and dessert. The burgers were good. I had the carrot cake (just okay), she had the brownie (yummie)! We were leaving the next day, so we bought 2 cookies, 2 carrot cakes and 2 brownies for our long flight back to the USA. The prices were reasonable, for France. The cookie was a little too sweet, and had a slightly odd flavor for my taste, but my daughter had enjoyed it. She also like the carrot cake as well. We both really liked the brownie.

Pros: good food, fair price

Cons: limited seating, only burgers (and fries or salad), closed Mondays and Tuesdays

Great burgers - Edit

They made us great burgers - I loved the mustard sauce and alfalfa sprouts in mine! Only one variety of Bionade, but that was also my personal favorite, so I didn't complain.

Free WiFi, really nice staff.

Pros: Burgers, Friendly staff, Atmosphere

Very good! - Edit

It's a little bit hard to see the sign, so keep your eyes open!
The resturant is small and cozy and the food is amazing!!
The staff is helpful and very polite!
Eat here if you get the chance! :)

Great Vegan Treat in Paris - Edit

Tasty vegan burgers in the heart of Paris. When in a culture that prizes its self on excellent butter based pastry and creamy cheese, this is a great discovery.

Pros: Delicious vegan burgers, vegan cheese, baked fries/chips

Cons: limited hours

Yummy burgers & fries - Edit

After arriving in Paris, we got dinner here - burgers and fries were both delicious. Definitely get the vegan cheese on your burger. You can get a side salad instead of fries - the cole slaw w/ an interesting dressing was good too. Easy to get to, recommend it!