Japanese
Fast food
Beer/Wine
Asian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Main dishes are ramen noodles. 5 labelled vegan ramen broths available as part of the standard menu along with an aubergine hirata bun and gyoza. Open Mon-Fri 11:30-15:00, Mon 17:00-22:00, Tue-Thu 17:00-23:00, Fri 17:00-00:00, Sat-Sun 12:00-22:00.

Venue map for Hakata
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by fosstuff

Skyzieboo

Points +3108

04 Jul 2023

Finally got to go!

We went as a group of three on a thursday evening around 6:30 (opens at 5) and we literally got the last seats before the wait went up to 40 mins. Its so crazy busy!! We got three types of vegan ramen, all yummy, and shared some gyozas and seaweed salad. The menu in restaurant is much bigger than what you can get on uber eats which is great but definitely would be nice to be able to get it at home too since it is so difficult to get a seat.

by_JD

Points +666

03 Jun 2023

LOOOVED the ramen!

And gyoza!
Nice restaurant, quick service, and good prices. Food was delicious too. We had ramen, gyoza and the hirata bun with mushrooms. The only 2 things I would love to see different would be the coating in the tofu which is very very thick and there weren’t any cool vegan desserts except for icecream.

Pros: Great options, Tasty food, Cool area/location

Cons: More vegan desserts please

Vicks

Points +192

11 Mar 2023

Amazing

Went here on a Friday night with no booking and the burnt garlic ramen was the best I have ever eaten!

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-11

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Vegan side dishes, Service and food was super quick

lianamarmol

Points +235

12 Jul 2022

Impressive and authentic

For each non-vegan ramen there is the vegan version!!!! Tasty, authentic, so so good. And there are lots of vegan side dishes. Highly recommended!!! It would be 5 stars but the app doesn’t allow 5 for non-vegan restaurants! Service is good.

Pros: Lots of vegan ramen and side dishes, Very tasty

stavreal

Points +554

29 Apr 2022

Amazing broth!

Serves some of the best vegan ramen even though this place also serves meat. The waitress specifically recommended the vegan Hakata Ramen and definitely came through! Would give 5 if I could!

Pros: Vegan menu of ramens and sides , Ramen and bar in one

Cons: Serves meat

cocoldn

Points +930

18 Feb 2022

Delicious ramen, lovely staff, great atmosphere

I was really pleased with Hakata, it was an all around great experience there! The staff were lovely and really helpful. It’s got an all around lovely vibe. There were plenty of options, I ended up going with the vegan kimchi ramen with an aubergine hirata. I really enjoyed them both, and I’ll definitely be going back to try out a few more of the options!

·X·

Points +15739

31 Oct 2021

Hakata

It’s impressive that Hakata has such an extensive vegan menu. I think I counted six vegan ramen’s when I was there! Unfortunately, I feel I’ve had much better ramen elsewhere. The broth just felt basic and the tofu could have had more oomph. The food here is fine, and I would not be opposed to eating here again, but it’s just not a place I would go out of my way for in the future (e.g., it took me 45 minutes to get here!).

tapalong

Points +130

03 Oct 2021

Amazing food and friendly staff

Been going to Hakata quite frequently as a place to show friends. Staff are always friendly and nice there. Great vegan options, would love there to be a few more of course!

Pros: Great vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit pricey for portion

MattClarke

Points +110

03 Oct 2021

Excellent ramen

Can't recommend this place enough. Situated along bermondsey Street you have one of the best ramen joints I've been to in London. Quite a few options that you can have and everything I've eaten there has been great. The broth is delicious, it's very deep and rich

Pros: Best ramen in london, Good few choices

ThyagoFalconi

Points +57

12 Sep 2021

The best vegan ramen in London

They do delicious ramen, probably the best in London. They do have lots of vegan options. A shame they do non-veggie things too, so there's a chance you will be sharing the same table with someone eating meat.

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-12

Pros: Lots of vegan options in the menu, Delicious food, Friendly service

Cons: They also do meat stuff

Little.snail

Points +26

14 Feb 2020

Super tasty, fast service

I come here pretty regularly. It’s clean, canteen style seating. Tasty vegan options and well priced

Pros: Great vegan options, Authentic flavours , Fast service friendly

fosstuff

Points +162

31 Dec 2019

Excellent vegan ramen

Very very tasty vegan ramen with lovely broths. 5 to choose from. Also lots of things you can add. The aubergine hirata bun is vegan as standard. No need to veganise stuff here. Plenty of options.

Pros: Excellent ramen, Friendly and helpful staff, Plenty of options to choose from

Cons: Can be busy!