Greenland Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 62828022

789 & 791 Upper Serangoon Rd, Northeast Singapore, Singapore,

Claypot rice and noodles, prata, and more. Has pizza but uses dairy cheese. 10 minute walk from Serangoon MRT. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm. Closed on the 2nd and 4th Wed of the lunar month.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Chinese

First Review by Peace ...

Time to Eat ... Food for Thought - Edit

To rejoice, in this little red dot, we have magnificent choices of vegetation food.

We were at the Greenland Vegetarian Restaurant which is situated between the Serangoon MRT and Kovan MRT. Stepped into the place, it seem like we were teleported into the 70s or 80s or in some of part of Malaysia (they have a restaurant in Malaysia too). It has a quiet and peaceful vibe.

Greenland Vegetarian Restaurant serves mainly Traditional Chinese Vegetarian Cuisine but we ordered the Western Dishes on their menu. Hmm..., having western food @ S$6.8+ in a Traditional Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant and drinking Chinese tea. A different kind of combination.

Love the dishes we ordered, simple and yet delicious. The flavorful sauce for the Black Pepper Chop Set was just nice and pair well with the mock steak which has a good texture. As for the Chicken Chop Set, the mock chicken was crispy. Balancing the meal, both set came with a generous serving of salad which makes them healthier.

Looking at the food, I start to ponder, how many countless beings have worked and sweated directly and indirectly in the process to make this possible. I am grateful to all the beings that I have never met in the past and now that contributes to this plate of food.

All things are interconnected and interdependent, is it possible to survive without the contribution of others, I doubt. Am I going to take things for granted or sincerely and wholeheartedly share my merits as a form of appreciation?

Affordable, Good Food - Edit

Serves very good claypot rice and noodles, and the prata is pretty okay too.

Its a little out of place, although you could take a 10 minute walk from Serangoon MRT.

Return to Northeast Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greenland Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4808 times since Aug 2007.