Green Room Cafe

321-868-0203

222 1st St N (at A1A), Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA, 32931

Serves meat, vegan options available. The menu is mostly vegetarian and vegan. Serves wraps, sandwiches, salad, soup, juices and real fruit smoothies, acai berry bowls. Gluten free and wheat free options. Previously named Surfinista Cafe. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by aliveandhealthy

Yummyy! - Edit

We loved this place! The menu had lots of great options (some vegan for me and some not for my mom and sister), the food was delicious, and the staff was really great too :) I am vegan and had the golden fold and the green smoothie (both were amazing). Serving sizes are great too! I live in Maine but I'll definitely be coming back when I'm in the area again!

Awesome Local Vegan Place - Edit

I've been dining here for about 2 years now, ever since I moved to the area. I actually work just a block away, (at a place that doesn't serve many vegan options) and find this to be an awesome places when I'm in the mood for a wrap. I always get a wrap that contains many veggies, and humus. The portion sizes are big, so you are getting what you pay for, and you'll never leave hungry. Their smoothies are to die for, and they're acai bowls are what got me hooked onto acai forever.

Pros: Large Portions, Good menu, Very vegan friendly

Cons: Can be pricey

great cafe with vegan options - Edit

I love this cafe and stop here whenever I'm in cocoa beach or driving through FL. The golden gold wrap is great as are their vegan salads and acai bowls. They also have good juices, smoothies, and shakes. I like the chill surf vibe. I think Kelly slater has even stopped here given he is from cocoa beach and eats super healthy. Highly recommend!

More info:

So fresh! - Edit

This place was recommended by a local, and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed this citrus sauce I had my wrap. The food had good portions, and great flavors. We ate inside on the cute painted plates, and enjoyed all the decor.

Pros: Locals love it.

Great Place - Edit

Enjoyed it. Nice atmosphere. Knowledgeable about veganism. Thanks!

Great find - Edit

Found this place thanks to HappyCow! Food was fantastic! If I'm in town again I will definitely go back.

Pros: Healthy food, Nice vibe, Great value

amazing sandwiches - Edit

try the Reuben! update: the coffee drinks are not vegan. I had the Tahitian vanilla based on the recommendation of the server (who knew I was vegan)-- it was so good I asked if I could get the name of the mix they use. When I looked it up later I discovered that it is not vegan :(

still a good place to go, but I'm a bit disappointed by the drink issue.

Updated from previous review on Monday December 21, 2015

Pros: lots of vegan options.

Cons: powder mix for coffee drink not vegan

so glad we found!! - Edit

The green room cafe was perfect after a day of shopping in Cocoa Beach. Plenty of vegan options I had the ruebin it was o so yummm and a acai smoothie our server was very nice had lots of suggestions for us. The cafe is very clean and really cute treat your self and go

Pros: clean, tasty, easy to find

love the golden fold - Edit

I love their golden fold wrap. It's vegan and I treat myself to it about once a week! It's absolutely delicious.

Awesome Wrap Selection! - Edit

This place has the best vegan wraps! I always get the J-Bay with sour cream on the side. LOVE their vegan sour cream!! (make sure to request VEGAN dairy) Salsa is excellent! They change the soups up regularly and they are quite delicious as well.

Delicious! - Edit

Because of HappyCow, I tried Green Room Cafe about 30 minutes before it closed for the night.

While the majority of the menu's meatless items are vegetarian, the waitress was super helpful. She pointed out which would make great vegan entrees if we chose to adjust it.

I already had my heart set on "The Local" sandwich (peanut butter, banana, pineapple, and granola, the yogurt was replaced with some yummy blue chips with a salsa) and chose it. I was not disappointed!

This sandwich, while it isn't a typical sandwich and you may glance over it as a result, is the epitome of amazingness. It's delicious and refreshing - the only sad part is that Green Room Cafe isn't open tomorrow so I can snag it again on Sunday! Will definitely be back here to get "The Local" again.

* Also, the waitress showed me to the baked goods section! There were raw, vegan chocolate cherry cookies; they were very yummy and another reason to return to Green Room Cafe on my next travel to Cocoa Beach.

Pros: Helpful waitress, Vegan-friendly, Unique food combinations

Cons: Wish there were more default vegan items

Friendly, Tasty, A Bit Pricey - Edit

The staff is always friendly. The food is excellent and lots of vegan options.

Cons: A Little Pricey

great vegan options - Edit

i eat at the green room several times each month. some items are listed as vegan, but they are flexible and will accommodate request to alter a dish. my favorite is the "golden fold" i do not eat tofu often, but this has a great taste and texture. they also have a selection of vegan deserts for when i choose to indulge my sweet tooth.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, flexible

Excellent food and comfortable atmosphere - Edit

Four of us ate here and everyone left satisfied. I had the soup of the day, the vegan Reuben and a vegan desert. All of us felt the food was excellent and our server was well informed about the menu and worked hard to help us enjoy our visit to the restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Comfortable atmosphere, Server attended to our individual food n

Green Room Cafe - Edit

The food was delicious! I had the Yogi wrap - mmm, mmm good! They also offer vegan substitutes but I opted for no cheese. The staff was so, so friendly! It has a cozy atmosphere and a clean restroom (just one) which is a big plus for me.

Pros: Delicious and healthy food, vegan friendly, Very Friendly staff, Good prices

Yummy and Perfect! - Edit

When vacationing this Spring Break, we decided to head over to Cocoa Beach for a day on the beach. Being vegetarian AND a parent of a seven-year-old vegetarian kid, we work hard to find good meal spots when we are on the road! That is exactly what we found in the Green Room Cafe. Very friendly and accommodating staff, fun and tasteful decor, in a very relaxing setting. My husband and I split The Ruebio and the Spanish House, both tofu based sandwiches, both really delicious! My young son enjoyed The Inlet very much. The food was fresh and good and healthy - just what we were looking for.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Right near beach

great spot for vegan lunch - Edit

The service was fantastic. The girls changed ingredients on the wraps so they would be vegan. Yogi was our favorite wrap. We live thirty miles from the restaurant and it is well worth the trip

Pros: Vegan, Fresh, Excellent service

Feel the love - Edit

We are vegans living in Orlando, which is only an hour away, so go to the Green Room Cafe whenever we're out at the beach. We're especially grateful for the wide variety of vegan choices they have. Excellent juices. BIG helpings too. My family loves this place.

A favorite day is to go kayaking in the mangroves with the manatees in the cool of the morning, have a lunch here, then go out to the ocean waves in the afternoon for some happy body surfing.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Big portions, Great juices

Cons: Wish I lived closer, Portion size can be overwhelming

Return to Cocoa Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Room Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.