Green Room Cafe

Contact 321-868-0203

222 1st St N (at A1A), Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA, 32931

Serves meat, vegan options available. The menu is mostly vegetarian and vegan. Serves wraps, sandwiches, salad, soup, juices and real fruit smoothies, acai berry bowls. Gluten free and wheat free options. Previously named Surfinista Cafe. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by aliveandhealthy

So fresh! - Edit

This place was recommended by a local, and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed this citrus sauce I had my wrap. The food had good portions, and great flavors. We ate inside on the cute painted plates, and enjoyed all the decor.

Pros: Locals love it.

amazing sandwiches - Edit

try the Reuben! update: the coffee drinks are not vegan. I had the Tahitian vanilla based on the recommendation of the server (who knew I was vegan)-- it was so good I asked if I could get the name of the mix they use. When I looked it up later I discovered that it is not vegan :(

still a good place to go, but I'm a bit disappointed by the drink issue.

Updated from previous review on Monday December 21, 2015

Pros: lots of vegan options.

Cons: powder mix for coffee drink not vegan

so glad we found!! - Edit

The green room cafe was perfect after a day of shopping in Cocoa Beach. Plenty of vegan options I had the ruebin it was o so yummm and a acai smoothie our server was very nice had lots of suggestions for us. The cafe is very clean and really cute treat your self and go

Pros: clean, tasty, easy to find

Awesome Wrap Selection! - Edit

This place has the best vegan wraps! I always get the J-Bay with sour cream on the side. LOVE their vegan sour cream!! (make sure to request VEGAN dairy) Salsa is excellent! They change the soups up regularly and they are quite delicious as well.

Delicious! - Edit

Because of HappyCow, I tried Green Room Cafe about 30 minutes before it closed for the night.

While the majority of the menu's meatless items are vegetarian, the waitress was super helpful. She pointed out which would make great vegan entrees if we chose to adjust it.

I already had my heart set on "The Local" sandwich (peanut butter, banana, pineapple, and granola, the yogurt was replaced with some yummy blue chips with a salsa) and chose it. I was not disappointed!

This sandwich, while it isn't a typical sandwich and you may glance over it as a result, is the epitome of amazingness. It's delicious and refreshing - the only sad part is that Green Room Cafe isn't open tomorrow so I can snag it again on Sunday! Will definitely be back here to get "The Local" again.

* Also, the waitress showed me to the baked goods section! There were raw, vegan chocolate cherry cookies; they were very yummy and another reason to return to Green Room Cafe on my next travel to Cocoa Beach.

Pros: Helpful waitress, Vegan-friendly, Unique food combinations

Cons: Wish there were more default vegan items

great vegan options - Edit

i eat at the green room several times each month. some items are listed as vegan, but they are flexible and will accommodate request to alter a dish. my favorite is the "golden fold" i do not eat tofu often, but this has a great taste and texture. they also have a selection of vegan deserts for when i choose to indulge my sweet tooth.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, flexible

Excellent food and comfortable atmosphere - Edit

Four of us ate here and everyone left satisfied. I had the soup of the day, the vegan Reuben and a vegan desert. All of us felt the food was excellent and our server was well informed about the menu and worked hard to help us enjoy our visit to the restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Comfortable atmosphere, Server attended to our individual food n

Green Room Cafe - Edit

The food was delicious! I had the Yogi wrap - mmm, mmm good! They also offer vegan substitutes but I opted for no cheese. The staff was so, so friendly! It has a cozy atmosphere and a clean restroom (just one) which is a big plus for me.

Pros: Delicious and healthy food, vegan friendly, Very Friendly staff, Good prices

Yummy and Perfect! - Edit

When vacationing this Spring Break, we decided to head over to Cocoa Beach for a day on the beach. Being vegetarian AND a parent of a seven-year-old vegetarian kid, we work hard to find good meal spots when we are on the road! That is exactly what we found in the Green Room Cafe. Very friendly and accommodating staff, fun and tasteful decor, in a very relaxing setting. My husband and I split The Ruebio and the Spanish House, both tofu based sandwiches, both really delicious! My young son enjoyed The Inlet very much. The food was fresh and good and healthy - just what we were looking for.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Right near beach

great spot for vegan lunch - Edit

The service was fantastic. The girls changed ingredients on the wraps so they would be vegan. Yogi was our favorite wrap. We live thirty miles from the restaurant and it is well worth the trip

Pros: Vegan, Fresh, Excellent service

Feel the love - Edit

We are vegans living in Orlando, which is only an hour away, so go to the Green Room Cafe whenever we're out at the beach. We're especially grateful for the wide variety of vegan choices they have. Excellent juices. BIG helpings too. My family loves this place.

A favorite day is to go kayaking in the mangroves with the manatees in the cool of the morning, have a lunch here, then go out to the ocean waves in the afternoon for some happy body surfing.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Big portions, Great juices

Cons: Wish I lived closer, Portion size can be overwhelming

Vegans Beware - Edit

My husband and I lived in Titusville for a year and we were so excited to find this place. We told the waitress we were vegan and she guided us through the menu. I could not decide what to order from all the wonderful-sounding choices, so I asked the waitress for a suggestion. She said "The Inlet" was one of her favorites, so I went for it. My husband ordered something else and we really enjoyed our food. However, after a short walk on the beach afterward I found myself feeling nauseous. I threw up all the way back to Titusville and spent the rest of the day in bed. I found out later that I had eaten Quorn, which contains egg and milk ingredients. I emailed the restaurant seeking an apology and asking them to please label the vegan items on the menu and to train the staff better, but they never responded. I hate leaving such a bad review for one of the only primarily veg restaurants in Brevard County that also strives to be organic, but I felt my experience needed to be shared.

Pros: Mostly Veg, Organic, Location

Cons: Poor Knowledge of What Is Vegan, Made Me Sick, Vegan Not Labeled on Menu

Great little place! - Edit

The first time I came here a staff member came up and greeted me, and went on to ask if I was vegan or vegetarian. I told her I was vegan and She went on to point out any non vegan items on the menu and any that could be veganized. I feel this is a rare occurrence and appreciated her guidance very much. Service was great, food was great at a good price, not to mention very charming decor. Definitely going to be back.

Pros: friendly staff, mostly vegan/vegetarian, inexpensive

Cons: a little hard to find if not from the area

Green Room Rules! - Edit

I absolutely LOVE this place. The food at the Green Room is so good and I make it a point to eat here every time I am in Cocoa Beach. The only problem I have here is deciding which delectable item to get. I usually end up narrowing it down to two options, eating one in, and taking one to go. Some of the menu items contain cheese but, they offer vegan substitutions. Fortunately for my non-veg boyfriend, there is one chicken wrap on the menu that he loves as well. This place is also very conveniently located about 2 blocks off the beach 

Best Veg!!!! - Edit

This place is amazing, I ate there twice on my short visit in Orlando on my surfing trips to the beach. Great atmosphere, so cozy, "hip", surfing videos always playing and I might add the best Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, YUM!!!! If you are vegan or vegetarian and need a wonderful place to stop in and eat while at the beach, Green Room is the place to be. I wide selection of beer, wraps, sandwiches, greens, smoothies and so many other wonders to devour. Tell Jennifer if she is working Corey says Hi from Iraq. Awesome prices too.

Pros: Healthy, friendly staff, variety

Cons: none , none, and none

We love the Green Room and eat there often. The food is fresh, creative and the cafe offers many vegetarian offerings such as wraps and salads and sometimes soups. They also offer fresh fruit smoothies and freshly made vegetable juices, including wheatgrass. The BEST LOCAL made Carrot Cake, and they also offer an excellent vegan German Chocolate Cake. A very pleasant environment, eclectic, great music and three tiny tv's over the bar playing surf videos and nature. Just down the street from the main center of old Cocoa Beach. I highly recommend the Green Room Cafe.

Pros: Excellent Food, Fresh Juices, Friendly Staff

Cons: Very Little Raw

cute place, great food - Edit

What a delight this place was. kid-friendly and most items are vegan, they do have cheese and tuna, but will make those dishes vegan. Baked goods are ok, good not great. Fresh salad, mostly everything is prepared fresh and from scratch.

The kids meals come with an organic juice box & gluten free cookie, but the juice was high in sugar. I suggested they add quinoa to the menu as the dishes would go well with it.

My husband liked his meal so much he had 2nds.

Pros: kid friendly, nice atmosphere & people

Cons: baked goods are ok

Fabulous Food and great atmosphere - Edit

These girls rock! Great food at great prices and a really hip atomosphere. Bright and cheerful and the staff is quick and helpful. Organic, not vegan, but they have some vegan items and Wheat-free/gluten-free baked goods. Support them and it will grow :)

Return to Cocoa Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Room Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4646 times since Oct 2009.