Green Pepper

Contact 217260001

Av. José Malhoa 14 B (at Praça de Espanha), Lisbon, Portugal, 1070-158

Provides a wide range of vegetarian dishes and salads, buffet style, in a nice environment. Desserts might contain dairy and/or egg so vegans need to inquire.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Portuguese

First Review by stuart

Good buffet - Edit

Its not the best but its very good! A lot of salad choices. The hot plates some were not impressive, some were really good! the tofu with onion and bread was great and also the bean hummus

Pros: some good hot plates, several options, great soup

Cons: many simple options of salad, some not very great

Not the best - Edit

Went here with my non-vegan family. Buffet style, dinner is 9,95€ all you can eat, excluding drinks and desserts. Quite a lot of vegan options, different salads and one soup that was actually pretty good! The rest of the food wasn't that tasty, we ate it cause we were hungry after a long day of walking around. Some of the stuff seemed old, I suppose it had been sitting there for ages (especially some of the salads and carrots). For dessert there was only one vegan option (Apple crumble) and it looked a bit off too so I didn't have it. Unless I was starving I wouldn't go there again. There are much better places in Lisbon than this one!!

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Food seemed old, Drinks are a little pricey, Not very tasty

Affordable, Classy, & Delicious - Edit

The food was very delicious and seasoned well! This restaurant has a dinner buffet with lots of options. The ambiance was classy and the service was very friendly and helpful.

This is one of the best places i went in Lisbon, I recommend it.

Pros: food, service, ambiance

Cons: buffet

Buffet - Edit

Restaurante de buffet, não muito barato para os padrões portugueses, é cerca de 9€ o buffet só de comida ao jantar, penso que o de almoço é mais barato.

Grande variedade de saladas, cerca de 20, e cerca de 5 pratos quentes. Apenas um dos pratos tinha ingredientes de origem animal, e o dono disse-me, era uma salada que tinha maionese.

A esplanada é muito agradável também, é pena só servirem garrafas de água pequenas (33cl), têm bons sumos.

Buffet restaurant, not cheap for Portuguese standards, it is about 9 € the buffet food at dinner, I think the lunch is more cheaper.

Wide variety of salads, about 20, and about 5 hot dishes. Only one of the dishes had ingredients of animal origin, and the owner told me what it was, was a salad with mayonnaise.

The terrace is very nice too.

Too bad they only have small water bottles (33cl), they have good juices.

Pros: buffet, juices, terrace

Cons: dinner price

Fantástico :3 - Edit

Espaço agradável, staff simpático, opção de esplanada nos dias soalheiros, buffet bastante variado e com opções veganas que não desiludem.
Infelizmente, servem sobremesas que nem sequer são vegetarianas (algumas têm gelatina), sendo um aspecto que precisam de inovar.

Mediocre Hot Dishes - Edit

My wife and I ate dinner here a few days ago. While the salads were extensive and quite fresh, we were very disappointed with the hot dishes; we found them to be tasteless and overcooked. Definitely uninspiring.

The restaurant is pleasant physically; it is close to the hotels in the Sete Rios and Praca de Espana area.

The dinner buffet costs 9.95 euros.

Pros: reasonable cost, fresh salads

Cons: insipid hot dishes

Vegetarian

Contributions +23

LOVE LOVE LOVE - Edit

One of my favorite restaurants. Good food and much sympathy :3

convenient and nice - Edit

My hotel was near Praca de Espanha metro station. Even though I had printed the Lisbon, Portugal listings prior to my trip - this listing was so far down that I was completely surprised to find this restaurant just outside of my hotel. I went here for dinner and found it to be quite nice. The staff was very kind and the prices reasonable. I greatly enjoyed the foods that were identified as vegan, although I didn't get too carried away because of the warnings in other reviews. I steered clear of the deserts and even the soup. There is always a chance even when trying to be careful I may have consumed something non-vegan (I had beans, rice, puréed carrots n seitan). If I could be certain my choices were truly vegan I would give this place more stars because the food was tasty an plentiful.

Pros: nice and friendly atmosphere, tasty food, nicely priced buffet

Cons: uncertain if staff was accurate with vegan identif

Beware of this Restaurant. - Edit

The atmosphere is nice and modern, the food is cheap and tasty and it can be a nice dinning experience.

Despite this, I urge you to be very careful.
I used to go to this restaurant a lot and stopped for a few reasons:
The owners are greatly misinformed.
If you must enquire regarding the food, do so to your waitress and make sure she confirms with the kitchen.
On several ocasions I asked of one of the owners and I was given wrong and contradicting information regarding which of the dishes were Vegan.
The owners do NOT know what they are serving.
Personaly I think they only made a veggie restaurant because they were "in" a few years back.

Also, I do not appreciate being lied to! One of the deserts I enjoyed the most was their vegan cheesecake.
Until one day when my boyfriend's "vegan" cheesecake tasted like goats cheese.
I got upset and enquiered further about this dessert they swore to me was vegan, only to hear that: "Maybe that one isn't. But the one you ordered is! Except maybe the crust... The crust isn't but apart from that, all vegan!"

Needless to say I no longer trust a word they say regarding what's in the food and I never went there again.

I saw a review regarding animal gelatine, and although I never knew this, it does not come out as so farfetched to me at all.

Pros: Good Value, Modern Atmosphere, Tasty Food

Cons: You can't trust the food!, Misinformed owners and staff., They have lied about the food before.

Modern Vibes - Edit

An extremely modernistic place serving great food in this business / commercial part of the city. At €6.95 for a lunchtime buffet we have a bargain here. You pay a little bit more at night but it's worth it. Wine is only €7.95 a bottle. Result. The food is good, very good with plenty of vegan choice. Tofu, seitan, pulses, vegetables, salads, soup, dips and sauces. Very impressed. Get yourself here for a treat, it may be quiet at night on certain days but go and enjoy

Pros: food, staff

Cons: location

I need to come back! - Edit

I was on my way to the coach station and leaving for Portimao, so I just quickly passed by. I had a little bit of everything for take away, and I loved it all! Staff was friendly as well, wish I could have sat for a bit longer or return to this place at some point.

Good value, tasty veggie food - Edit

We are a vegetarian family and generally struggle to find suitable food on holiday. This was one of the restaurants we had found on our pre holiday internet search and we had dinner here. The set price of 10 Euros (I think) for the buffet (drinks & dessert extra) seemed good value with a huge choice of imaginative salads, soup & hot dishes (pasta, seitan curry, rice, aubergines with cheese & tomato & tofu with a mustard coating). The young woman who served us was very friendly and helpful. All the food was fresh and tasty and the bonus was that the restaurant is very close to our hotel (the Corinthia). We probably wouldn't have ventured here had we been staying more centrally as it is a bit off the beaten track. We would definitely eat here again when next in Lisbon.

Pros: Good, fresh salads, Lots of choice, friendly staff

Cons: Not central location

Several vegan options - Edit

A veggie buffet with several vegan dishes. Soup of the day was vegan when we went, several salads and 2/3 main dishes. Sadly none of the desserts were vegan. But enough for a nice meal. Bit out of the way in the commercial district.

Pros: well cooked food, clean, airy, good choice of drinks

Cons: out of the way, no vegan desserts

Green Pepper - Edit

Really nice salads, beans and drinks. Hot dishes were not on the same level, but good basic food anyway. Overall the place is really good, but the location is problem. It is simply too far from the center. If you happen to be in the neighbourhood, I definately suggest to try this out.

Pros: salads, drinks, friendly staff

Cons: location

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Pepper closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4720 times since Apr 2008.