Green Eggs Cafe

Contact 215-922-3447

719 N 2nd St (at Northern Liberties), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19123

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast, lunch, and brunch with a few locations in Philly. Has vegan choices in french toast, tofu scramble, quinoa porridge, and breakfast burrito. For lunch the California turkey panini, falafel, and veggie burger can be made vegan. Vegans need to specify clearly so kitchen can alter your dish. Use eco-friendly containers. Mon-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by s144799

Great vegan options - Edit

Love the atmosphere in the Northern Liberties location. They have soy milk for coffee and several menu items that can be made vegan (the menu clearly specifies which items they are). I had the vegan ALT sandwich - avocado, lettuce and tomato. Was on excellent, thick wheat toast with a ton of avocado. Also had the tomato soup which was one of the heartiest I've ever had. Other veg friendly specials included coconut milk French toast and a couple tofu options.

Good Breakfast - Edit

When my fiance and I came here, I got the vegan ALT and he got the vegan french toast. His french toast was very good, if we didn't know otherwise, we would have thought the whipped cream on it was dairy. My ALT was good, my only complaint is that it was on whole wheat bread. It would have been tastier on rye bread... I'm vegan for the animals, not because I want to be healthy and have whole wheat bread. It would have been nicer if they gave me the option of selecting another kind of bread. They're a bit pricey, but the portions are large and filling.

Pros: kind knowledgable staff, tasty food

Cons: vegan items catering to the health crowd

GREAT food - Edit

Green Eggs Cafe will please any diner buff vegan or not. Their food is fresh, and their staff are friendly. Staff are familiar with what is vegan on the menu.

Pros: Great fresh food, Staff know what veganism is

Cons: Not 100% vegan

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Eggs Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 958 times since Dec 2012.