Fuang Vegetarian

• Vegetarian
Contact 085-6140083

Singharat Soi 4 (at behind Wat No Kham Tuang), Chiang Mai, Thailand,

Offers a variety of food including Thai as well burger and fries. In July 2015 it relocated here from Chang Khlan Rd.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Western, Juice bar

First Review by MateuszMateoSobieski

Very nice! - Edit

Ordered the mushroom glass noodle casserole for 70 baht. So delicious!!! The space is nice too, and the bathroom is really clean. Great that water was free (serve yourself out of a large container) too. The rest of the menu looked nice, with a large selection of juices, Thai curries and stir fries, and Western-style burgers etc. The one thing that I think they didn't have is dessert, but it's so easy to find that nearby anyway, so no biggie.

Hidden gem - Edit

We would never have come across this restaurant without Happy Cow. We were the only people there. Unfortunately a few of the things we ordered had run out but we ended up ordering glass noodles with mushrooms, steamed vegetables, lentils with brown rice and laarb. They were all delicious and everything was very cheap. I appreciated that water was a serve yourself affair out of a cooler so no plastic bottle waste.

Best banana flower salad ever - Edit

Not only the best place for my best banana flower salad ever, but the owners and staff are so nice and take the time to cook you delicious and fresh food. The juices are very good, the prices are reasonnable and the location is a quiet and beautifull place. You will find the place easily because they put direction signs in the closest streets. In my opinion it's definitively a vegetarian place to give a try in Chiang Mai!

Pros: Excellent, Vegetarian, Restaurant

Cons: Nothing, To , Say

Brilliant vegan food - Edit

I am here in Chiang Mai with my girlfriend and we are eating a new vegan friendly restaurants every day.

We were so impressed by this restaurant that we've been back about 5 times since! I would highly recommend this to not only vegans and vegetarians but all types of people.

The food is superb! And super cheap too

Pros: cheap, tasty, friendly

Nice - Edit

My boyfriend and I ordered the lentil with bread, spring rolls and the vegan tofu burger. The food was nice in general, but I wish they could have listed the ingredients in a more detailed way. For example, in the listed ingredients for the lentil dish there wasn't ginger, but it was actually cooked with ginger with a strong ginger smell. My boyfriend loved it though!

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice food

Cons: No AC, Ingredients aren't detailed in detaiil

Prodotti freschi e ottimo prezzo - Edit

Il locale e' piccolo e accogliente e i piatti preparati con cura e freschezza. Ci sono una varietà di centrifugati freschi che non ho trovato altrove. Il servizio non e' molto veloce quindi se andate di fretta forse è meglio optare per un altro posto. Assolutamente consigliato anche per il rapporto qualità prezzo.

Great food, lovely place at good location - Edit

I discovered the place after a massage and it was just the perfect finish of a great afternoon.
The food is super tasty (had spring rolls, Papaya salad and the Banana flower salad adjusted to vegan) and some of the juices.
Great food, health oriented, tasty, and the owners are helpful and reserved.

Pros: Tasty, good price, location

perfect spot! - Edit

The Restaurant is located in a small alley. it's quite big and Looks very clean (even the toilet).

the owners are a bit reserved but still very friendly.

the menu is extensive and most dishes cost between 60-70 Baht. and for once, thankfully, there's no mock meat! (or maybe just a few dishes)

i went there twice. the first time i got the Tofu burger. it was very fresh. the only Thing i didn't like was that they Chose the silky Tofu which by itself has no flavour at all. apart from that i really liked the burger.

today i went there for lunch again and got the "baked Rice with pineapple" for 60 baht. although the Rice was still a Little too oily for my taste, i really liked this dish a lot! the pineapple had a lot of flavour. they put in cashews, peas, carrots and raisins as well.

can fully recommend this Restaurant!

Pros: no mock meat, extensive menu, quite cheap

Big portions, nice and quiet - Edit

This restaurant is little away from the main road, but still in the city center of Chiang Mai (and easy to find with big signs). The owners seem a big reserved, but still friendly. I had the carrot juice for 40 baht which was smaller than I expected, but freshly made. I also ordered the spaghetti with green curry and vegetables. It was super hot and had a lots of fresh vegetables. The owner asked me how spicy I want it and it turned out just perfect. 80 baht seems quite an okay price for what you get. I saw other people getting the pad thai (60 baht) and some noodle soup which was also a nice big portion.
I would have prefered a little bit of music in the background as it was super quiet and you could hear other people talking, but I guess that is just my preference.
All in all I would definitely recommend this place.
Update: Went back in May 2016 and had the Pad Thai. Big portion, but the taste wasn't that awesome. They have wifi now and free water :)

Pros: away from the main road, but still good accessable, big portions, Free water, wifi

Cons: didn't love the pad thai

A little hidden gem - Edit

*Try to come here before 6 PM, the owner told me that sometimes they close a bit early.*

I drove by a vegetarian restaurant I hadn't yet heard of: Fuang Vegetarian restaurant. It's located inside the old city, but on a very quiet side street. I was the only customer at that time; still I decided to check it out and I was not disappointed. It's opened from 10 AM until 6 PM. The restaurant has lots of open spaces, giving it a light and airy atmosphere. Most of the seats are comfortable sofa's and cushioned chairs. The staff seemed a bit shy and couldn't speak English well, but they were very friendly.

I ordered a red dragon fruit shake, a banana flower salad and Pad Fak Thong, a simple dish containing pumpkin in a mild curry. All of it was delicious, but especially the banana flower salad. I've had a salad like this before but usually it was made with a rather tangy salad dressing. The peanut-coconut salad dressing on this one gave it a very soft and hearty taste, which I liked more. The Pad Fak Thong contained large, fresh slices of pumpkin mixed with scrambled egg, tofu, lentils and Thai basil. As it is so simple, I think this would be a great dish to make during autumn. The dragon fruit shake was good as well; a decent size, lots of fruit and just a bit of sugar.

All in all this only cost me 160 baht. There are other great vegetarian restaurants inside the Old City with good prices, but some of them are always fully packed. If you're inside the Old City and you're looking for a quiet vegetarian restaurant with good food and good prices, for a late breakfast, a lunch or an early dinner, give Fuang Vegetarian a try.

Pros: The banana flower salad, The quiet location inside Old Town, Fair prices

Cons: Not open until late

Nice garden setting for lunch - Edit

Nice relaxed lunch. Kitchen was open to view and seemed clean. Food was delicious and came quickly. I was the only customer there though so can't say what happens when a busload of customers arrive.

I liked that there was a 'healthy' section in the menu. I had a brown rice plate (with added lentils and veggies) 59B, spring roll 45B, and passion fruit juice 40B. All were very delicious (a little bit more sugar in juice and tamarind sauce that I would have preferred) and the portions were decent and at prices significantly lower than at some other places.

When I get a chance I will try to come here again. Was perfectly happy eating here.

Pros: Delicious food, Less crowded, Lower prices

Cons: Distance (15 mins walk from center), Not fully vegan (like most places eggs), One-person (might be overwhelmed)

quiet and peaceful. - Edit

such a cute little place tucked away off a busy street. we went there the other day but it was shut. we tried it again and it was open. the food was very good. my husband's rice noodle stir fry dish was very tasty. i had the tom kha, which was a bit watery. it was still full of veggies though. the fresh spring rolls were great as was the fresh orange juice. all for less than 250 baht. the woman running the show was so friendly and helpful. recommended.

Pros: lots of vegan choices, delicious, peaceful

don't miss this restaurant - Edit

Fuang has a fantastic selection of healthy dishes at very reasonable prices. Worth finding this place because it combines the best of many other popular veggie restaurants and the serene relaxing garden atmosphere just makes the experience that much better.

Amazing food! - Edit

This is been my go to place for my lunch everyday when I was working in Chiang Mai. It's a very relaxed place and simple but delicious food! Portions are sometimes a bit small, but then again I could order two, instead of one delicious dish. And unlike some Vegetarian places in Chiang Mai, very friendly staff. I love it!

Pros: Great tasting food, Great service, A lot of vegan options

Cons: Portions are a bit small sometimes, Not open for dinner

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fuang Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2653 times since Aug 2013.