First Review by SynthVegan

Eh. - Edit

I have gotten sick every time I've eaten at Flying Saucer. I kept giving it chances!! But no more. Yikes.

Pros: tastes good

Cons: makes me sick

Great Atmosphere, Uneven Food! - Edit

As others have pointed out, this is a hipster haven and although I am not a hipster, I love to come here to sit and write while nibbling on breakfast or lunch. Certain of their items are truly top-notch -- the vegetarian/vegan chili, for example, or their home-made granola come to mind. On the other hand, some of their sandwiches are a bit lackluster. My biggest gripe is the fact that their green salad is obviously from a package, and they don't bother to remove the few wilted or wet pieces of lettuce that invariably are present. The coffee is Metropolis roasted to a somewhat burnt taste. There is usually parking on the street nearby. Overall, I consider this place a mainstay and would recommend it to couples for a weekend brunch -- but find your own favorites and stick to them!

Hipster Diner - Edit

Flying Saucer is a hipster style diner. I ate here a while back and wasn't a huge fan, but recently I've noticed they've had quite a few review great reviews - so I shall return (and an update will surely follow).

I had the 'tofu sweet potato hash' and thought it was just OK - I hate sweet potatoes and they said they'd switch them with regular but never did, so this is proabably why I didn't like it. They have a ton of other vegan options on the menu, so I'll likely try some of the other things.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Flying Saucer closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1422 times since Aug 2010.