Fill a Pita

Contact 98351446

3 Pickering St, China Square Central, Unit 01-29 Nankin Row, Central Singapore, Singapore, 048660

Serves halal vegetarian food: pita wraps, falafel, fava beans, hummus, taboulleh, salad. All pita wraps are vegan; milk is used only in the cheese. Previously located at 01-02 Shenton House, Oct 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Middle Eastern

First Review by Virogen

So-So - Edit

Nice little cafe located just off Chinatown in the busy China complex square. This area is bustling and there is a nice vibe and is perfect if you want to to stop off for a bite to eat or drinks. We decided to get the falafel pita and fava bean pita with a small side of coriander hummus, which came to $19.5. The fava bean pita was superb oozing lots of flavour and went perfect with a bit of chili sauce. The falafel though was a bit bland and I have a lot better. Hummus side was ok. Well worth visiting for a stop off or if you want a change from the norm but not the best food you will experience. Worth checking out qoolco next door for some fresh coconut juice.

Pros: Vegan options, Cheap, Good location

Cons: Food bit bland

Fill A Pita - Edit

Tried the Falafel Pita for lunch, and boy was I surprised it did fill me up really well. The veggies tasted pretty fresh, the falafel balls weren't oily and the pita was nicely baked and soft but still held all its contents in well. $7 is well worth it in my opinion. The lady that served me was so friendly and I loved it when I asked her if my order was vegan of which she replied with an loud and affirming "Yes, of course!". That's it, I'm going back to try the rest of the menu.

Great food, prices and service - Edit

So happy that I made a point of looking for this one. They have a simple menu but the three pita options are so yummy and well priced ($7, $6, & $4.50). There were only maybe 6 pita options in total. They had salads too but I didn't try those.

We were there at lunchtime and despite being busy, we found a seat for the 5 of us and they brought our food to us after we ordered and paid. Halfway through our meal, they were nice enough to check that everything was okay and that the kids were happy.

Recommended place. Easy enough to find on the street side of Shenton House.

Oh - and try the drinks place next door. Fruit drinks for $2 each and they're big!

Pros: Vegan items clearly marked

Cons: Simple seating

Great taste of Egypt! - Edit

The owner, Hassan, is a very friendly and genuinely kind person that makes you feel welcome. Everything (falafel, hummus, foal) was delicious. Will be back!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Good Value

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fill a Pita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2148 times since May 2014.