El Vegano

• ( 29 reviews )

Calle José Guadalupe Montenegro 2179, Guadalajara, Mexico, 44140

Serves a variety of all-vegan dishes, including the city's typical dish which is torta ahogada (a must try). The most popular dish is the no fish taco. Previously at Colonias 221. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-7:30pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Italian, Mexican, Fusion

First Review by CHAPIS1028

geekstreamers

Points +34

24 Nov 2021

"No Fish Tacos" Every Time

We ordered the No Fish Tacos at least 5 times during our stay in GDL.

ElizabethElías

Points +71

02 Nov 2021

DELICIOSA

Los tacos de no fish y las enchiladas están riqusiimosssss

GregPrasker

Points +76

31 Aug 2021

Outstanding

What a gem. Grab the no fish tacos and thank me later.

DelRio

Points +38

25 May 2021

Regresara

El encanto de platillos tradicionales y rico .. buenas opciones

AlejandraNewton

Points +150

24 May 2021

Excelente comida!!

Nos gusta mucho la mayor parte de su menú, como las tortas ahogadas y el humus.

Pros: Casi todo está delicioso., El servicio es muy bueno., La torta ahogada es de las mejores

Cons: No mandan a domicilio.

ale_happyvegan

Points +351

18 Apr 2021

Nice little restaurant

Has refreshing beverages such as kombucha and others.
Serves the traditional torta ahogada in its vegan version with tofu and avocado or falafel.
The no fish cauliflower tacos are really good!
Also the aguachile oyster mushroom tostada.
To finish up with a donut as dessert was the best.

Pros: Friendly staff, Accepts debit/credit card, All vegan!

Cons: The sauces could be a little more spicy.

angelsol299

Points +366

10 Dec 2020

Comida normal nada del otro mundo

La torta ahogada estaba buena, los chilaquiles también. Los tacos de coliflor estaban muy malos la verdad. En la Codina están gritando y “cotorreando” hablando groserías y leperadas mientras uno como y escucha todo. El personal no se limita con sus platicas llenas de indiscreciones cuando hay comensales.

Pros: Algunas cosas buenas otras muy malas, Personal es grosero entre ellos y traen una grita, No puedes comer agusto con tanto grito

AlexandraPico

Points +100

01 Feb 2020

A must!

We got the no fish tacos, the torta and flautas. They don’t use any mock meats or soy here and it was all vegetable based. The sauces and salsas were really flavorful. Worth coming here for the torta alone- it’s a vegan version of the salsa smothered kind that is famous in Guadalajara (ahogada).

We’re even thinking about Buying the cookbook it was that good!

Pros: Good portions, Enjoyable atmosphere, Friendly staff

KristinPhasey

Points +34

17 Dec 2019

Pretty delicious!

I wasn’t expecting the portions to be so well sized, nor the food to be so delicious and authentic- especially after seeing the super posh plaza el vegana resides in... but I would definitely eat here again, at least to try the fish tacos.
The tortilla soup was incredibly filling, and came with a satisfying portion of almond cheese as well as their delicious homemade tofu cream. I recommend. My eyes were bigger than my stomach, so I’m leaving only after eating the hibiscus flower stuffed enchiladas, which paired with the soup and detox Fresca, was waaaaay more than I needed...

Pros: The menu is entirely vegan, Authentic Mexican food and flavors, Prices aren’t terrible

Cons: Usually I prefer less ‘posh’ atmospheres

ElectricAntelope

Points +337

14 Dec 2019

AMAZING fish tacos!

Their fish tacos are to die for, seriously you can't go to Guadalajara without trying them. The rest of the menu was tasty but definitely not the best Mexican we got in the city. Go for the tacos, then explore other vegan options in the city.

Pros: fish tacos!, good value

Cons: other dishes are good but not great, lack of ambiance , confusing opening hours

PutridFilth

Points +106

12 Oct 2019

(No) Fish Delish

Located within a hip market, el vegano serves up a plethora of vegan options; while by no means poor quality food, many of the vegan options they are serving up can be found in other eateries around the city, and better. Be wary of the menu photos on happy cow - the prices are at least double, and they do not serve beer (my hungover self was disappointed to find).
That being said, the no fish tacos did the trick, and would be the only menu item I can whole heartedly recommend.

Pros: Lots of stuff

Cons: Pricey, Lack luster

EmiliaCascio

Points +96

24 Jun 2019

Uptown Hipster Vibe

Cool atmosphere, okay food.

Pros: Great service , Lots of options , Great atmosphere

Cons: Food was good but not great

hambone1985

Points +150

10 Jun 2019

Quería escupir

Pedí un taco de carnitas y otro de papas. El de carnitas sabía a pescado y tenía la textura de piel de puerco pero casi imposible de masticar. Si no hubiera estado de primera cita, lo habría escupido. No pude comerlo. El de papa no fue bueno, pero por lo menos, lo pude comer. Muy caro para basura

acurvadegauss

Points +16

23 Apr 2019

great fish tacos...

...but disappointing torta ahogada. overall, good value for traditional mexican food cooked vegan.

MeganFlook

Points +42

05 Apr 2019

El Vegano

Great vegan food in a trendy location. We loved the “no fish” tacos in particular. We were served by one of the owners who was very friendly and also vegan.

umcakeplease

Points +29

20 Feb 2019

Delicious torta

Great food and juices. It’s in a nice little food court where you can order from other stands as well.

JasonC

Points +173

10 Feb 2019

Excellent food and service

I tried the no-fish tacos and the mushroom cocktail. It was really tasty. Very friendly staff. Busy food court with a good flair. Difficult to find a spot to sit and eat but it might have been the day I went - Sunday.

Pros: Fairly priced food, friendly staff

Cons: Seating difficult

KatzederNacht

Points +53

24 Dec 2018

Deliciousness

Que delicia, so many dishes!!

Pros: Everything is super tasty

DaniellaCastelucci

Points +337

04 Sep 2018

Best Tortas Ahogadas in town

They have the best tortas ahogadas, made of setas and a delicious sauce. Several other options besides de Tortas

Pros: Mexican tradicional dishes in vegan version, They accept the “vale verde” (Ticket), Reasonable prices

CEWalker

Points +63

03 Aug 2018

Delicioso y saludable

Comí en su nuevo local, ubicado en el Jardín Americana. El guacamole viene muy bien servido. La ensalada de champiños fue riquísima. Y los famosos tacos de no fish también muy ricos.

Pros: Hay opciones muy saludables y ricas

lonie

Points +101

11 May 2018

Ditto to the other reviewers on the awesome No Fish Tacos !!

What a great conceptual use of cauliflower! Nice and chunky, lightly fried, then put in a double corn tortilla with the perfect amount of add-ons. Fast, bc I was on the run, CHEAP, too!!!

leaby

Points +32

11 Apr 2018

Delicious and exciting

El Vegano was coincidentally close to where my boyfriend and I were staying in Guadalajara. From our first meal there we were both wowed by it; we went back every day and each time had something different! I am gluten free as well as vegan and the staff were very knowledgeable as to what I could have. Breakfast is particularly good!

Another thing worth pointing out is that, as El Vegano is part of a large food park, it is also possible to get LA Cetto wine from the bar nearby, which is vegan as well as Mexican and really nice :D

Pros: Gluten free options, possible to mix and match wit

auroraa

Points +48

Herbivore
31 Mar 2018

Try the no-fish tacos!!

Las enchiladas no están tan buenas, pero los famosos no-fish tacos son excelentes! También la lasagna está deliciosa, los precios son buenos. Está en el mercado así que si va un grupo grande todos pueden comer lo que les gusta :)

Pros: Está rico y tiene buenos precios

Cons: El estacionamiento del mercado se llena

GaryBartlett

Points +396

29 Mar 2018

my 1st vegan meal in Mexico

I must say as a vegan there are a few veggies I’m not a fan of (collie-flower being one), so I was a little hesitant ordering the no fish tacos which are made with them & WOW! Turns out to be one of my favourite vegan meals of all time!

I can’t comment so much on the service being that I don’t know Spanish yet, but they appeared very attentive

This is worth going out of your way to try!

atziritrejo

Points +22

23 Mar 2018

Amazing

Went on my birthday and was the best decision. Food was amazing, drink was too, lots of options in general but not too many for breakfast.

Pros: Not too expensive, fairly priced.

Cons: Crowded

Soyalison

Points +24

03 Nov 2017

Wonderful Vegan Food

The no fish tacos with fried breaded cauliflower were fresh and delicious! The cheesecake to die for. We will return at least once more before we leave Guadalajara.

Lesvisons

Points +94

16 Oct 2017

Medium food

This place serves some good food but not everything is fresh. The salad looked quite old, the lemons as well. In general it wasn't bad but neither very good.

Pros: Nice neighbourhood, Not too expensive, Vegan

Cons: Not fresh, Not very tasty

Return to Guadalajara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Vegano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.