First Review by proper or pompous?

Good food, awful service - Edit

We were really excited when we arrived at El Huerto - it has a lovely, shady courtyard with a fountain, which was perfect for lunch on a hot Caribe day - soup, seitan, rice and salad, plus a ridiculously sweet ice tea. Unfortunately, the service was the most notable aspect - as a person has commented below, the waiter was shockingly rude, refusing to provide us basic information (such as what was in the lasagna), slamming down our dishes as they arrived, glaring at us, etc.

Average food - Edit

To me, the food was average and uninspired. I went twice while I was in town and it was fairly busy both days. One of the days I went, it was Mexican day, with Mexican soup, brown rice, refried beans, pico de gallo, Mexican salad and a drink. The service was not friendly, and quite honestly, bordering on rude... maybe you'll have better luck. They only have a meal of the day... no menu to order from. They do have a monthly menu printed out and you can pick and choose which days you might want to eat here. I found a better place in Barranquilla and would choose that place over this one.

Pros: Location, Price good, Delivery available

Cons: Service not that great, Food not very tasty

Return to Barranquilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Huerto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.