EDNA

902-431-5683

2053 Gottingen St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 3B2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu changes depending on market produce. Vegans could get the market salad, crispy fried brussel, or ask for the harrissa spiced couscous with heirloom carrots, rapini, red curried cauliflower and pistachios. For dessert a vegan chocolate mousse with fleur de sel. At brunch a vegan french toast w/ cashew cream, baked bean, or request breakfast tacos to be vegan. Open Tue-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Worth the Wait - Edit

My husband, a friend and I decided to stop in for brunch today. The place was packed and we were told it was a 20 minute wait. The servers were very kind and friendly, asked if we wanted drinks and handed us menus while we were waiting. I admit, we started to get a little impatient, more so towards customers who you could clearly see were done and not leaving, than towards the restaurant itself. I took the time to admire the charm of the place. Simple, yet cozy decor.

Once seated, we were promptly served and all knew what we wanted as the brunch menu doesn't have too much to offer vegans but we were excited and happy to all order the vegan french toast. The food arrived quickly and was pleasant on the eyes.

Taking the first bite I was in heaven. Delicious homemade bread in a banana and coconut batter, laid on a bed of cashew cream, topped with cranberry and apple compote. The flavours just burst in your mouth. Not sickeningly sweet for the morning which was wonderful. The apple was delectable, the whole meal was. Truly the best french toast I've ever eaten. All 3 of us loved it.

It was worth the wait. And the price was great too!

I give it 4 stars only because it would be nice it would be nice if there were more vegan options to both menus and because of the strong smell of animal products.

Pros: Vegan options, Great service , Great value

Cons: Busy and noisy, Lots of animal products and smells

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has EDNA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.