Dr Smood - South Miami

786-334-4420

5801 Sunset Dr, Miami, Florida, USA, 33143

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic health food cafe chain where at least one-half of the menu is vegan suitable with a few raw-vegan items as well. Has vegan pastries and desserts. Makes its own nut milks and tea blends. Uses vegan mayo in sandwiches. Open Mon-Fri 6:30am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by NonaLanai

great place - Edit

Best for lunch and coffee, all organic products !!

Really great! - Edit

I went here twice in the four short days I was in Miami and loved everything I got. For not being a vegan restaurant, they offer tons of vegan options!
My favorite thing was definitely the strawberry shake which was absolutely delicious especially with the coconut whipped cream on top. It was by far the best vegan whipped cream I've had!
Their superfood granola on top of the coconut yogurt was also delicious, but sadly they don't offer it on its own. The coconut yogurt was perhaps a bit too tangy for me but had an excellent smooth texture and when I ate it at home with fruit the tangy flavor worked perfectly with the sweet fruit!
I also tried their spirulina bagels with vegan cream cheese. I wasn't sure what to expect as the bagels are very small and are (obviously) bright green from the spirulina! I ended up loving the vegan cream cheese, which was made from Brazil nuts and herbs. It tasted delicious slathered on the bagel and I can imagine it being equally good on crackers, sandwiches or even in pasta! The bagel was more like a whole grain bread in texture and had a sweetish, herby flavor. I liked it but I would imagine anyone who doesn't like the taste of spirulina might not!
Overall I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a quick healthy bite, whether for a snack or for lunch. And I will definitely be back next time I'm in Miami.

Pros: All organic, healthy, and delicious, Lots of vegan options, Gluten free options

Cons: They serve some meat and fish

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dr Smood - South Miami closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.