DosTrece

Contact +34-933017306

Carrer del Carme, 40, Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Introduced a separate vegan menu in 2014 which includes an arugula salad, a taboule white quinoa, Albondigas raw in two sauces, wheat tagliatelle with vegetables, tropical risotto with coconut milk and strawberries, vegan burger with crispy potato, and for dessert a raw apple pie. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 10:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-3:00am.

Category: Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by apartment2504

boring and bland - Edit

The service was the worst, I think our waitress was super hungover or so it seemed, she really couldn't give less of a fu*k and the food was boring and bland. we quickly decided that we would never return.

Cons: unfriendly staff, boring food

enough after starters - Edit

to call this place veg friendly is overstated ("do you eat fish?"). However, they did find something finally. Since we didn't have huge expectations we were not disappointed. If you are vegan and are looking for delicious food - go somewhere else.

Pros: location

Cons: not know what veganism is, not many options, no quality food

Good Vegan Brunch - Edit

We went for the vegan brunch and really enjoyed it! It wasn't the best brunch we've ever had, but it was a really solid start to the day and service was good. My partner had the nachos and got an extremely generous portion. He enjoyed it except for the tofu, which was merely crumbled without seasoning of any kind. I enjoyed mine a bit more: the French toast was really tasty.

Pros: Nice options for vegan brunch

yucca bread was great - Edit

The yucca bread with eggplant, sundried tomatoes, and arugula was phenomenal! Super light, refreshing, with bold flavors! Also my friend got the chicken curry and she said it was on point.

Servers are w.e but worth a stop.

Good vegan brunch - Edit

This is by no means a vegan restaurant, but they have a great vegan brunch menu and it is a nice, relaxed place to go at the weekend. Staff are chilled and helpful. Would definitely recommend the vegan pancakes!

This is also a good option for special occasions and group outings. They have a private room for big parties and are willing to help you provide a set menu with vegan options or whatever you need.

Pros: Great vegan brunch, Helpful staff, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Less vegan-friendly evening menu

Do not eat here! Drinks are allowed. - Edit

I have been here a couple of times. It's a good place for chilling out with friends. They a have a decent selection of beers and teas.

Now, in the second occasion I had the opportunity to taste the vegan brunch. We ordered nachos with guacamole, tofu scramble and frijoles. The experience was quite disappointing, a great number of nachos, a little portion of a sad guacamole, the tofu was not scrambled at all, only broken in little pieces, and the frijoles were just missing in action.

There are much better places to eat in Barcelona. Still I could recommend it for some drinks... :)

Pros: Staff

Cons: Food, Overpriced

Awesome brunch - Edit

Just had brunch in here with my girlfriend. The healthy pancakes are fantastic and the scrambled tofu with nachos is really good with the cashew sauce and the bean paste, but beware, it is really spicy :D

Pros: Lots of vegan food and the milk can be replaced wi

great vegan friendly bar - Edit

Wonderful relaxed bar in lovely (pro veggie) area of Barcelona. Great to see they offer a separate vegan menu, I have only had the pleasure of trying one of their vegan chocolate brownies but hope to try their vegan brunch on a future visit.

Pros: great bar with vegan options

There's only One Dos Trece - Edit

Can't believe it. Discovered this place in 2009 and on our 5th visit to Barcelona in 2014 find it to be listed on Happy Cow. Over the years, this graceful and cool cafe bar restaurant has been a regular for a cheeky draught Moritz Beer or two and now they offer a delicious vegan brunch and evening dining menu. OK, they do serve meat but the food here has always looked well prepared and presented. If you like an ambient tourist free zone to chill out in, relax with a coffee and vegan cake, sip a beer or eat a good vegan meal, look no further. Great street views, soft seating, free wifi and excellent beer.

Pros: vegan menu, great vibe, open late

Cons: some meat served

Def diserves 5 stars!! - Edit

Super cool place, chilled and nicely decorated. The food is beautifully presented and tastes as good as it looks. Very friendly staff, you sure get what you pay for! Highly recommended for a fancy(er) dinner (although prices are very fair!)!

Recommended!! - Edit

I have been to Dostrece many times over the last 10 years and jumped for joy when I found out they are now offering vegan, raw and gluten free options. I used to always choose their amazing Special Salad (from the regular menu) but had to avoid some of the elements in it as it had gluten and dairy. Great for Vegetarians tho!!

It`s a great place to go with friends who are not vegans as well, considering they have a nice "regular" menu as well. Plus good drinks and wine. I also love their american breakfast and their new sunday party brunch concept :)

Cool interior, nice chilled vibe and great location!
And two thumbs up for being a "normal " restuarant also offering vegan options :)

great food & prices - Edit

The restaurant was easy to find, just about a 5 minute away from La Rambla. We arrived there just after 5 which is when their daily brunch ends and the restaurant was completely empty.
It's very cosy and has the typical Barcelona charm topped up with amazing music.
The waitress was probably exhausted from the daily brunch as she completely ignored us. We ended up getting the menus ouselves and then went to the bar twice to get the vegan menu, and also to order.
The vegan menu was on a small leaflet which had two vegan options: french butter toast with fruits and maple syrup and a scrambled tofu egg with seitan and tortitas.
I chose the scrambled tofu with seitan and tortitas and it took about 40 minutes until we received our food. I am not a huge fan of anything that tastes similar to eggs but decided to give it a try. The food was delicious and my non-vegan friend said that the scrambled tofu tasted better than the ''real thing'' which speaks for itself.
The service was poorly (I've read several reviews of people complaining about being ignored too) and it took quite some time to receive the food but the good food made up for it and the prices were definitely cheap for this area of Barcelona. If you are shopping on La Rambla, don't miss their daily brunch!

Pros: delicious food for a good price, near La Rambla and easy to find

Cons: few vegan options , service

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has DosTrece closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2961 times since Jul 2014.