Dill Pickle Food Co-op

• Health-food-store Health Store
773-252-2667

2746 N Milwaukee Ave (at Spaulding), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Natural food co-op market open to the public. Stocks natural food and groceries, including many vegan brands. Previously at W Fullerton Ave, change of address reported September 2017. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by attacusatlas

AMAZING - Edit

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME. SO MANY ORGANIC AND VEGAN PRODUCTS AND YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS TO SHOP IN BULK.

Great staples, but expensive - Edit

I like the Dill Pickle Food Co-op for their bulk section, which includes a wide selection of beans, grains, and spices. They also have reasonably-priced tofu and other essentials. Some of their items are extremely expensive (almost $7 for a normal-sized head of cauliflower!), but they seem to really care about providing local, eco-friendly goods. Also a good place to pick up vegan-friendly toiletries, cleaning products, etc., but again, they're expensive. My biggest gripe is that some goods I'd love to be able to pick up there are just unreasonable. For example, I wanted to get a birthday card, and the locally-made cards there are $6, with no cheaper options. I get their motivation, but that's just not reasonable for people on a budget. I'm grateful to have this option near me, but wish many items were cheaper.

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-29

Pros: Some good staples, Very friendly staff, Nice set up

Cons: Expensive!, Limited right now by size (expanding soon)

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dill Pickle Food Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.