Chiya Chai

773-360-7541

2770 N Milwaukee, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. Specializing in chai and Himalayan cuisine. Vegan dishes are labeled, including veggie dumplings; vegetable jalfrezi curry; cauliflower, peas, potato curry; chili potatoes; curried beans; vegetable samosa; masala curry fries; sautéed green beans with garlic and black cumin; and roti. Can make the pratha vegan by not adding butter. Stocks soy and almond milk. Open Tue-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri 7:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by attacusatlas

absolutely delicious - Edit

Really loved the food and service here. Got the jalfrezi curry bowl and the veggie dumplings. The spot is also very cute.

Delicious Dumplings - Edit

I think their veggie dumplings might be the most delicious I've ever had. Every bite was heaven, and the curry bowls were also delicious (tried the vegetable jalfrezi and cauliflower).
The cashier was very happy to explain the vegan options and make suggestions, and this was also reflected on the menu with a V (vegan) and CV (can be made vegan).
The RumChaiTea cocktail was great (thanks for making with almond and rice milk!) and I'm looking forward to stopping by for weekday happy hour.
Decor is modern and inviting, ambiance quite nice considering you order at the counter.

Pros: Delicious vegan options, Nice decor/ambiance, Tasty cocktails

Cons: Order at counter

Amazing! - Edit

I've ordered in from here twice since they've opened, and I've absolutely loved the food both times. The vegan food on the menu is clearly marked, though it's a little confusing that on their Grubhub menu some items are marked vegan in some places and vegetarian in others. For those marked vegetarian, it is best to ask in person or via phone. (When I called they were patient with answering my questions and even offered to make the paratha vegan by skipping the butter.)

The food is delicious. I've had the vegetable jalfrezi curry; cauliflower, peas, and potato curry; veggie dumplings; paratha (without butter); and veggie samosas. I haven't eaten a lot of Himalayan food, but compared to other Indian dishes these were some of the best I've had! I'm so happy to have found Chiya Chai!

Pros: Many vegan dishes (marked on menu), Delicious!, Friendly service

Cons: Grubhub menu confuses vegan/vegetarian

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chiya Chai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.