Devon's

• Veg-friendly
Contact 508-487-4773

31 Bradford Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. May through October the restaurant is open. Offers a few vegan items at both breakfast and dinner, and has vegan desserts. Food style is modern American with global influences. Stylish and comfortable interior in a 37-seat open kitchen space. Airy, minimal and modern. Reservations recommended for dinner. Closed Wed.

Category: American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by will-travel-for-food

Great vegan breakfast options - Edit

I went to Devon's nearly every day for breakfast while in Provincetown. The vegan pancakes and the tofu scramble are awesome.

They also have a number of vegan sides like sausage patties, which were also great.

Pros: great breakfast, good portions

Great vegan brunch - Edit

Devon's brunch was excellent! They have so many vegan options and all were tasty!

We tried pancakes with fresh strawberries, smoked tempeh strips and tofu scramble with spinach, onions and tomatoes. The scramble was just perfect, not at all watery like someone had had. Service was also great, quick and friendly.

We happened to be there at a relatively quiet time, but I can imagine that this restaurant can get crowded! It's a bit far from the center but worth the short walk.

Pros: Many vegan options for breakfast, Friendly service

Cons: Dinner options weren't that plenty

Delicious breakfast! - Edit

Devon's has excellent vegan breakfast/brunch options -- granola, pancakes, tofu scramble, tempeh bacon & vegan sausages. We had delicious vegan toasted coconut and banana pancakes and a tomato, spinach, carmelized onion tofu scramble. Both very tasty - esp the pancakes, really really good. We appreciated the choice of non-dairy milks (soy, almond), earth balance butter, &tc -- Ptown is limited for vegan choices, and breakfast is usually hardest. Vegan doesn't feel like a shoddy afterthought here. Devon's is a great choice! PS: it's out on Bradford now, on the west side of town

Great vegan dinner, so-so vegan brunch - Edit

I wish I could give two different reviews - the dinner vegan option I got was fantastic (4.5 stars), while the vegan brunch options were mediocre (2.5 stars).

This was a few weekends back & I forget the name of the dinner dish, but I remember the Tofu flavored, watery tofu scramble (they have not discovered nutritional yeast) & soggy so-so vegan french toast.

Still, it's nice that they have a few vegan options for both meals.

Note: in season, you'll want dinner reservations at least 2-3 days in advance for weekends (we got 4 into brunch with a 20 minute wait, but couldn't get 4 for Friday or Saturday night when trying to book on Friday afternoon).

Pros: tasty vegan dinner, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Only a few vegan options, mediocre vegan brunch , Fri/Sat dinner reservations req'd

A couple vegan items - Edit

The couple of vegan entrees and appetizers they had sounded so good that we settled for a reservation the day after the day we initially tried to get in. It seems like a really popular place. We started with the soup of the day and the cabbage dolmas. They were decent, but not exceptional. The cabbage dolmas could have used more flavor. The mushroom risotto, which can be made vegan, was a bit too oniony and should have had more mushrooms and less spinach. The bolani were very good, but the side of millet was fairly flavorless, and the summer vegetables was more summer squash than I would ever want to eat in one meal. Service wasn't great - there really wasn't enough room for the servers to check on anyone comfortably, so ours didn't really follow up with us much, and the server for the next table kept standing with her butt right about in our faces when she checked on the table next to ours. The price tag was hefty - we ended up at nearly $100 for two appetizers and two entrees after tax and tip.

Pros: Cute Decor, Nice bay view from tables by window

Cons: Too pricey, Cramped quarters

Great Vegan Brunch - Edit

On my last day in Provincetown I went to Devon's for brunch. They had an excellent vegan french toast and vegan sausage patty. It was well made and delicious. The service was friendly and fast. The prices were reasonable compared to other eateries in the Cape. All in all, a great experience.

Pros: Great food, Good Service, fast service

An amazing gem in the East End of P-town - Edit

We have been frequenting Devon's since it first opened, and we've loved each and every meal eaten there. The ambiance is great, and I can't say enough about the fantastic service. The waitstaff is very professional, extremely accommodating, and they "speak vegan". You can take your pick of outdoor seating along Commercial Street (for people-watching), indoor seating across from the open kitchen (for chef-watching), or indoor seating along the back wall of windows (for gorgeous Bay views, especially at sunset). The vegan breakfast and dinner options at Devon's are outstanding, and the presentation of each dish is lovely. At breakfast, the tofu scramble with roasted tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and onions is truly excellent. Tofu scrambles at most restaurants usually disappoint me with pretty flavorless, turmeric-colored wet mush -- but Devon's scramble is rave-worthy with its layers of complex flavor. Pair that up with a cup of great coffee, a side of smoky tempeh strips or vegan sausage, and the vegan granola, and you'll have a delicious feast that will fill your belly until well into the day. Devon's also offers vegan French toast with fresh strawberries or blueberries. There's usually a breakfast special or two, also. The vegan (and easily veganizable non-vegan) dinner options at Devon's really shine. The menu changes with what's in season. Even the salads are unique and delicious: think baby arugula, fresh strawberries, and toasted almonds with a champagne and orange flower water vinaigrette. On our most recent dinner at Devon's, I had the farro "risotto" with roasted wild mushrooms, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, and fresh thyme. (I just asked them to hold the grated Grana Padano cheese on top.) It was pretty killer and was plated in a very striking way. My husband had the roasted Jerusalem artichoke, baby spinach, and onion phyllo tart with gingered beet chutney, herbed cannellini beans, minted quinoa, and micro greens. It was also amazing and presented beautifully on the plate. For dessert, we shared a huge bowl of decadent and delicious dark chocolate-cabernet sorbet. Oh, and did I mention the drink list? The house-made sangria is great. Devon's is open only seasonally, so be sure to check it out if you're in P-town during the late spring through early fall. Make reservations for dinner, as it's a small and popular place. Devon's is on the pricey side, but it's hard to beat for a special and memorable meal.

Pros: excellent food, great views, awesome waitstaff

Return to Provincetown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Devon's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2206 times since Jun 2011.