Delicious Vegetarian

Contact +852-34817799

82 Shui Che Kwun St, Prosperity Building G/F, New Territories, Hong Kong, China,

HK style restaurant, take away, and health food shop. Buddhist family run. Seats 32. Nearest LRT - Tai Tong Road Station.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by simdel

Delicious Vegetarian, Hong Kong - Edit

1stly to maybe try to clear up the position re the name / history of this place if I may politely try. I lunched here today with a Cantonese speaking co diner. At the end I was given a business card by the lady behind the counter. The name of the business on the card clearly states "Delicious Vegetarian". Also my companion enquired if they had more to this address from somewhere else. I am advised the reply was that the have been in business at this address for 9 years. Also while they have expanded in size at this address, there was no indication given they were previously operating at another address.

This is a family run business with the mother running the gig. 2 daughters serve food and the son is the chef. The mother speaks at least some English (always an added bonus if like me your grasp of the native language is poor).

I agree with the previoust reviewer that this place sells inexpensive and tasty food. There were half a dozen dishes available from the counter as well as the usual stuff HK vego places sell for take away. Of the 6 dishes on offer 4 contained mock meat. Staff were unable to make any assurances re the mock meat potentially containing egg or milk produce. I thus had some stir fried noodles that I was were egg free. I had this with another dish of some vegetables with vermicelli. Both were very nice. I also had the soup of the day which as I got to the bottom had what appeared to be mock meat. I maybe got that wrong bearing in mind the previous conversation with staff re mock meat.

My girlfriend had soup with rice and 2 other dishes. All in all this came to 71 HKD. That is as inexpensive a deal as I've seen anywhere in HK.

As the other reviewer there is also a health food shop with a variety of foods on the shelf and in the freezer.

Pros: Inexpensive & tasty, Also has a shop

Tasty, friendly and cheap! - Edit

Two of us came up here today and found it after a search. The new address is 82 Shui Che Kwun Street.
The restaurant is small, with six tables behind a shop area selling vegetarian organic products. We did not know what to order as the menu is only in Chinese but the very friendly owner(?) suggested soup with curry rice. The soup was very tasty indeed and the curry rice was probably some of the best I have ever had. It was full of other ingredients such as tofu and mixed veggies. We were given Chinese tea to drink. We both really enjoyed it and the bill was incredibly cheap afterwards. We then bought plenty of great veggie smacks from the store part. The environment is spotlessly clean and there is good aircon. All in all, a great experience for a simple, unpretentious place in a Hong Kong suburb.

Pros: Very tasty, Cheap, Friendly

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Delicious Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 974 times since Nov 2010.