89 Candleriggs, Merchant City, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 1NP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gluten-free South Indian food. Any dish which includes dairy is marked and very little use of egg, which makes many of the breads, idli, dosa, and vegetarian dishes suitable for vegans - check with staff. No vegan dessert though. Half-price mains as pre-theatre and weekend afternoon deals. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-2:00pm, 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

Tasty tasty food!! - Edit

It is a little pricey but so tasty and a whole load of vegan choices clearly marked.
I had a dosa, which was HUGE and amazing!
Definitely worth checking out!

Amazing for gluten free vegans - Edit

Review from May 2016 - Dakhin really is fantastic for people with dietary requirements, I can see why it's so popular. I think their menu is 100% gluten free and their vegetarian options which contain dairy are clearly marked.

At £10-12 a curry - not including sides - it is a tad more expensive than I can normally justify spending on a main, but they do half price mains on Sunday afternoons (Saturdays too, I think) and on early evenings. We shared starters, two types of flavoured rice (opted not to order the plain one), curries, a MASSIVE dosa, and a selection breads. With an Irn Bru my share came to around £19, which for two courses and sides and a drink I thought was pretty good. No vegan desserts but with mains and sides so varied and delicious I can make do without a sorbet.

Staff were attentive and very helpful when we were all trying to decide what to order; there were 5 of us at a vegan meetup and we all wanted to eat everything we could! I will definitely be back.

Pros: All gluten free, Great flavours, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit expensive

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dakhin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.