Cumin Indian Cuisine

3321 Stadium Dr Ste E, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA, 49008

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family-owned Indian restaurant with a few tables for eating in. Menu includes 2 pages of vegetarian entrees, around 11 of which are vegan suitable: dishes with potato, eggplant, chickpea, and lentil dishes. 8 or so of the appetizers are vegan suitable. Main entree comes with a bowl of rice. Tea drinks can be ordered without milk as well as jal-jeera a spicy cleansing cold beverage. Note that naan bread contain dairy. Let the staff know if you are vegan. Lunch buffet daily. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by MerryRose

Helpful and Yummy - Edit

This place is wonderful, they have lots of vegan options and even more vegetarian ones. They even highlighted all the vegan options in a menu for me to take home.

They aren't wonderful with substitutions, for example one time I asked if they could use vegetables in place of a meat in a vindaloo. But they are very accommodating otherwise.

Pros: Delicious, Lots of options, Quick

Cons: Naan is not vegan, Don't deviate from their recipes

small place, delicious food - Edit

The family-owned ambiance of this place is just lovely (if you sit at the right table, you can even see them make the food to order!) They also allow you to specify the level of spice; I went with my parents and while I LOVE spicy food, my mother has a difficult time with it. There are tons of vegan options and even more vegetarian. I made sure my waitress knew what vegan meant (at first she thought no animal products PLUS no gluten, but I cleared that up). She was then very helpful in making sure I didn't order anything that wasn't vegan. I got the veggie samosas as an appetizer; 2 delicious potato/pea/carrot filled samosas about the size of softballs. Then my mother and I split the vegetable jafrezi (veggies in a sweeter onion/tomato sauce) and the dal tadka, both of which came with rice. Both were quite delicious and we even had leftovers. I am definitely going to return to try some of the other dishes as well! I'm not sure how their lunch buffet vegan options are, I would probably call to ask.

Pros: Cozy, family atmosphere, plenty of vegan/vegetarian options, The food is clearly made fresh

Cons: It's not the fastest, Naan isn't vegan

Return to Kalamazoo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cumin Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.