Crossing The Rubicon

+44-1413373111

372-374 Great Western Rd, Glasgow, Scotland, G4 9HT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar offering food, including several marked vegan choices. Makes curry. Open Mon-Wed 5:00pm-12:00am, Thu-Fri 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Indian, Beer/Wine, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by craigmc

Amazing vegan breads - Edit

I do love a good naan bread, and was pleased that the vegan naan was now on the menu without requiring a pre-order. What also thrilled me was that they had a haggis and cheese naan on the menu which I found out could be veganised. I was there hosting a vegan meetup and we opted to order one to share between six of us as our starters. I had also pre-ordered two peshwari naans as I'd only ever had a vegan one once (in the end they only brought out one).

I really enjoyed my curry, not overly oily and the lemon rice was a tasty accompaniment.

For dessert I shared an espresso and chocolate torte, and as I was excited to see homemade tablet on the menu with coffee I asked for some of this as well. It was soooo good, with a good snap to it as I bit into it.

I love their range of craft beers as well. One of my favourite non-veg places in Glasgow.

Pros: Vegan naans, Several marked vegan curries, Nice vegan desserts

decent pub food - Edit

It was difficult to review crossing the Rubicon as I couldn't quite get me head round of it was good or bad.
It's a great looking bar with a decent selection of vegan options. It's just not very authentic Indian, but it was reasonably healthy fare. Pub grub!
Everything tasted a bit rushed maybe made to order when it would have been better to have less in the menu and food sitting absorbing flavours. The flavours were there just jumping out too much as they hadn't been cooked long enough.
The dhal wasn't authentic but was okay, the curries had heat, but too much bite and not enough spice.
The chapati turned up with butter, but they apologized and sorted it.
I wouldn't rush back but would go again.

Pros: decent vegan menu, nice bar

Cons: location, meat

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crossing The Rubicon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.