Creole Shack

Serves meat, vegan options available. Buffet-style restaurant and sports bar above Andall grocery store. Enter through stairs inside store or in back by the parking lot above the sea. Serves local food to mostly Grenadian customers. Several items vegan suitable. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by Conniemm

Good local food, great value - Edit

I hadn't felt that I was getting to experience Grenadian food so I was happy to try this restaurant that I had read good reviews about on travel websites.

The restaurant is listed above Andell's grocery store near the bus terminal. We entered in the back by the parking lot. There is covered outdoor seating which was nice and cooler than the indoor seating.

When you go to the front of the restaurant you'll find a buffet line. Grab a plate and one of the women behind the counter will serve you your choices. I had to ask what things were and the woman was helpful. I had a serving of callaloo, a green common in the Caribbean, rice with callaloo, okra (overcooked, but still tasty), cou cou (another local dish made out of cornmeal) and 3 bean salad. I'm sure the cou cou was vegetarian but not certain that it is vegan.

My son had 6 items plus a dessert and we both had drinks. The total was 42 EC, or about $16 which seemed like a good deal.

If you want to try some authentic Grenadian food, this is the place to go.

After your meal check out the nearby market for fresh produce and souvenirs and gifts.

Pros: local food, great prices

Photo of Creole Shack  by <a href="/members/profile/Conniemm">Conniemm</a> <br/>My lunch from top: okra, cou cou, rice with calaloo, calaloo, 3 bean salad <br/> July 17, 2016  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/76688/160382'>Report</a>

My lunch from top: okra, cou cou, rice with calalo...

Photo of Creole Shack  by <a href="/members/profile/Conniemm">Conniemm</a> <br/>Restaurant <br/> July 17, 2016  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/76688/160381'>Report</a>

Restaurant

Return to St Georges Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Creole Shack closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.