Coriander

Contact 0889969651

21 Eo, Street 71, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 12304

Fast-casual restaurant located steps from the BKK1 Market. Artistic images on the walls accent its comfortable design. Serves Indian as well other foods including pizza, burgers, Thai green curry, Mexican fried rice, and more. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Indian, International, Western

First Review by Ged

This is not a vegetarian restaurant anymore - Edit

I went here hopping to find a vegetarian/vegan menu with a lot of different dishes. But when I got there they serves meat! They still have vegetarian and vegan food on the menu and the owner/waiter know what a vegan is and helped me choose something. The food was good though but the restaurant is not all vegetarian anymore.

Pros: Good food, Know what a vegan can eat

Cons: They serves meat!

tasty food and that's about it - Edit

Great selection of authentic Indian dishes, several of which I'd not seen in England. Both curries we tried were great and portions were filling. Walking distance from Tuol Sleng museum. Only downside was the ambiance was really plain so you only go for the food really.

Disappointing - Edit

We ordered a pizza and salad to our hotel as it was raining and we were too tired to go out. When it arrived an hour later we were taken aback at how small the pizza was. We ordered a large one for $8 and in our experience in Cambodia (we have been here for two months) that is enough for 2 people.

So we called the restaurant and they insisted it was the correct size. We insisted there must be some mistake. They insisted it was a large pizza and no one ever complained before.

The pizza was not in a large pizza style box, but in a smaller container which you normally put other types of food. It was a small pizza!! I have eaten pizza for years and years and this was a small one!! I am not kidding.

But they were insistent and wouldn't do anything about it. They were not interested in making it right by sending us a new one or something else instead. They just kept telling us that it was the right size and it must be something wrong with us!!!

So that was it. We paid $12 for a small pizza and a salad. $1 was delivery fee.

NO MORE FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER $5.

This was really irritating and annoying. Now we are still hungry. They had a good reputation, but the service we got tonight was just terrible. I would avoid these. SO many other good Veggie options. Just based on one expereince.

Pros: Nothing really

Cons: Service, Portion Size

Decent taste... but possibly worrisome - Edit

I hate to add to the uncertainty surrounding this place -- especially as I cannot be certain, and I don't want to place the kiss of death upon it [edit by staff, please see ToS].

The place seemed fine from where I was, and the Thai green curry arrived hot. Not usually a good indication of such things, but nothing jumped out to me as worrisome at the time.

As for the taste of the dish itself, it was not amazing, but was decent. The menu selection was not enormous. I also had coffee and it was good.

Pros: Reasonable cost

Cons: Possible sanitary concerns?

tasty food, pleasant service, grim decor, upset stomach - Edit

Of course to be fair we cannot be sure that by wife's "Delhi belly" that started 40 minutes after we ate there was due to the food there.....but it's reasonable to be suspicious. The sad decor and ambience were not enough to put us off the tasty food that crosses western and Indian culinary boundaries at very reasonable prices.

Tandoor Items Were Excellent - Edit

The young man running the place knew what vegan meant and made sure that everything we ordered was made vegan, or with their naan, which has milk in it, he steered us away from it. I'm always worried about that with Indian restaurants, so it was a relief having that cleared up in Cambodia.

My wide and I had aloo paratha and two dishes from the tandoor. The aloo paratha was standard (which is good). The tandoor item were excellent. It was refreshing to get some spicy food after eating mostly Cambodian food for a week.

All Extended New MENU... Indian, Western & Asian.. - Edit

All extended menu... in Indian, Asian and Western delicacies.. The best Vegetarian / Vegan menu in town..
The new tandoor... awesome and mouthwatering dishes.. the Restaurant to visit if a vegan or a vegetarian..
Have tried a lot of dishes, very consistent in taste and quality..

Pros: Good Quality, Consistent Taste, Reasonable

Amazing place in Phnom Penh - Edit

Really great full vegetarian (with vegan options) restaurant in the BKK neighborhood in Phnom Penh. Many Indian food options, but also plenty of others; burgers, pizza's, pasta, etc. Very affordable prices and extremely friendly staff. Recommended!

Pros: plenty of choices, affordable prices, friendly staff

Great Veg. - Edit

Of the four veg. restaurants I've visited Coriander is by far the best. The food is great as well as the price. Really good portions for the price. Good variety on menu.
Also, free delivery for orders over $5.00!
Highly recommended.

Pros: Great food, Great Portions, Great Prices

Tasty large portions for the price - Edit

A group of five of us ate here and we all agreed that the food was delicious. The portions were large for the price we paid. I unreservedly recommend visiting this restaurant if you are visiting PP especially if you are vegan or vegetarian. The bill for all of us came to $30!

Pros: Great food, Friendly service, Nice environment

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coriander closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3273 times since Mar 2013.