First Review by AZJulie

Always Great Vegan Gelato! - Edit

My girlfriend and I were so happy to find out that Chill had only moved, as she loves their pistachio gelato... So, we checked them out at their new location last week and the owner was there and very nice as usual. He was asking how we found him and I noted that I saw their new location listed on Happycow. We got the pistachio, of course, and spimoni gelato and they were great as usual! He also started telling us about their new gelato cakes, which are pretty much layers of gelato in a cake-shape that you can order for parties which sounded really cool. Now that they are closer to the 60, it seems like it will be easier to visit them as we are in Phoenix.

Pros: Quality & Flavors, Selection, Friendly Staff

Chill - vegan ice cream in Tempe, AZ - Edit

Great find! My fiance and I were visiting his family in Phoenix, and were so happy to find vegan ice cream in the area! We went a few miles out of our way to come to Chill and are so glad we did. Half of their flavors every day are vegan and they also have vegan soft serve. My fiance and I both had vegan peanut butter shakes and they were delicious, but the other flavors (we tried some samples) were great too. An added bonus is that this place is family-owned and operated, and the service (by the family itself) is super friendly. Definitely support this vegan-friendly family business!!!

Pros: Family-owned, friendly staff, extensive vegan options

Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous!!! - Edit

What a spectacular find! I learned of this establishment through a Happy Cow search and my life is better because of it! They have something to accommodate nearly every dietary habit/restriction. The owner and his wife were present, knowledgeable, and very friendly. And my ice cream... best vegan ice cream I have ever had! It was truly amazing!!! My friend tried the milk based options and reported they were just as tasty! The flavors are always changing, but everything we have tried thus far is superb! I registered for Happy Cow simply so I could share how magnificent this place is with the rest of the Happy Cow users!! I highly recommend it!!!

Pros: Many options of amazing ice creams & sorbets, Locally owned, owner operated!, Clean, inviting environment.

Cons: Miles from my house (worth the drive!)

Best vegan chocolate gelato! - Edit

I love Chill's vegan soy gelatos! They are creamy, homemade and so authentic-tasting a non-vegan would even love them. My favorite is the chocolate of course, and after that probably the pistachio. They usually have about 6 vegan flavors, and they create new ones all the time. They also have vanilla soft-serve that is vegan and quite delicious. The staff is very knowledgeable responsive and takes suggestions. Be sure to get a stamp card so you can earn a free cone!

Pros: Variety, Price, Quality

OMFG - Edit

i am writing this from Chill right now! They have free wifi with the purchase of a frozen dessert (about $2) and its unlimited. I took my friend (who is a typical american male) with me and convinced him to also try the soy gelato.
It has been decided that their soy gelato is better than any ice cream he or I had ever had. I am amazed at the texture and richness of flavor. A word of warning: they pack the bowls full and then add toppings, so stick to the smaller sizes. Believe me, it is more than enough, but you will finish it anyways. Unlimited toppings, great atmosphere, unbelievable prices, and free wifi!! This is heaven on earth. I will be using this place to convert people to a dairy-free lifestyle.

Pros: free wifi, great price, amazing food

Cons: it was so great, i never want to leave, there isn't more in the US

It's hot in AZ, time to Chill! ;) - Edit

Chill was great! I'm not from AZ and I didn't find any other place that sold soft serve, this place does it well. I forgot the owners name (and left the card at home), but he was so friendly! When my friend and I walked in, he explained which items were vegan and even let us taste most of them. I opted for the soft serve with some Grape Nuts sprinkled on top...yum! I wish I live in AZ, I'd frequent this place often!

Great VEGAN Friendly Chill Beri Frozen Soy - Edit

Wow! I enjoyed that frozen soy they have. Very creamy and sweet (but not too sweet). Just delicious. I recommend everyone trying it. Great prices and friendly too. It is nice that VEGANS have a choice to get a creamy tasting frozen treat.

Pros: Delicious, Great prices, Friendly people

Cons: Busy parking lot.

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Chill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 374 times since Jun 2009.