Chick-In

( 1 review )
480-309-3392

240 E Orange Mall (at ASU), Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food eatery on the ASU campus. Has a vegan section on the menu. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-7:00pm, Fri 8:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Kosher, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Tigra220

Fresh Falafel - Edit

This Kosher eatery is new to ASU's campus. They pretty much only serve 2 main protein, falafel being one of them.

I got a Falafel Pita. There's no menu description to tell you what comes in the pita. I said I wanted hummus & tahini, and requested they omit any tomatoes.

The pita is served pocket style, which is my favorite. The falafel balls were very crisp and flavorful. I cannot say the same for the hummus, which had no outstanding qualities. I also didn't taste any tahini. There was no lettuce in my pita, which I didn't mind, but the bottom was layered with cucumbers. I do not like cucumbers, so I spent a great amount of time picking out those pieces. A simple addition of item descriptions to the menu would've saved the food and time that was wasted.

The girl at the counter charged me $9.11 for the Falafel Pita, which the menu board states is $5.50. A man, whom I believe was the owner, confirmed that I was charged the wrong price and offered to rectify the situation. I opted for making it a combo instead (since that's what the cashier charged me for) and was quickly provided with a drink cup and a fresh order of fries.

The fries were simple; nothing fancy in the form of seasoning, shape, etc., but they were cool. The drink size is a little on the small side, so expect to need a secondary drink to wash down your meal. I'm not sure if they allow refills.

There are no seats or tables inside this location and they did not seem to have bags, so be prepared to carry your take out in your own two hands (or bring your own bag if you have multiple orders).

The prices were reasonable and the owners were friendly. They are 100% kosher.

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chick-In closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.