Casa Romana Italian Restaurant

( 1 review )
+44-1228591969

44 Warwick Rd, Carlisle, England, CA1 1DN

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant serving all the usual pizza, pasta, risotto, etc., but also offers vegan. Vegan starters include garlic pizza, soups, bruschetta, panzanella; mains are pizza, pasta, risotto, and caponata; desserts are pancakes, crumbles, ice cream, and pavlova. Has vegan wine. Special offers daily at lunchtime and early evening. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by DanielWatson

Great vegan menu and fantastic service! - Edit

I visited Casa Romana last week with family. Our party consisted of two omnivores and two vegans, and we all found plenty of choice.

As a vegan, I've sometimes settled for a simple tomato pasta or pizza without cheese at Italian restaurants, however the efforts Casa Romana have gone to in order to cater to plant-based eaters is really impressive. They offer a full vegan menu which is wonderfully varied. I enjoyed garlic bread for my starter and a lovely "creamy" mushroom pasta for my main.

During our meal, the chef made a real effort with us, coming out of the kitchen to ask for our opinion and offering us vegan parmesan for our pasta. Even though we were stuffed at the end of our meal, he emerged with some vegan desserts to try (a meringue and a bread and butter pudding) and both were delicious.

It was so wonderful to come to a mainstream restaurant and have our dietary choices welcomed and embraced rather than seen as an inconvenience.

Thank you so much, Casa Romana. We will definitely return whenever we're in town!

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-13

Pros: Vegan menu, Excellent service, Reasonable priced

Return to Carlisle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Romana Italian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.