Carousel Restaurant

Contact 818-246-7775

304 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, California, USA, 91203

Serves meat, vegan options available. The city of Glendale has very few pure veg restaurants, and this place, while serving predominately Middle Eastern meat dishes (Lebanese, Armenian, Greek), has a separate vegetarian menu. Nice atmosphere and the waiters understand what "vegan" means. Hosts nightly entertainment. Open Tue-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:30pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Greek, Armenian, Non-veg

First Review by HRF

Yum - Edit

I have been going to Carousel for years and the food is still delicious. Be aware though that everything on the "vegan" menu isn't vegan! I had a waiter a few months ago that saw us with the vegan menu and asked if we were vegan. She then informed us that some of the items in there are only vegetarian. If you're vegan, don't eat the mutabbal as it has yogurt or the spinach fatoyers (sp?) as they're brushed with butter. Also, none of the rice is vegan, it's all made with chicken broth! I was pretty upset when I found out since I've been going there for so long. I've gotten over being upset about it and I've gone back but I just ask questions about what's in the dishes.

Vegan feast - Edit

I ate last night at Carousel after being tipped off by a friend that they had a special vegan/vegetarian menu. The restaurant served a wide variety of middle eastern dishes, mostly meat but they have been thoughtful in creating a vegan menu that doesn't disappoint. My husband and I elected for the family style vegan fixed menu which was about $25 each and boy the plates kept coming. Delicious selection of side dishes, salads, pickles and small entree plates. We ended up taking tons of it home as there was truly an overwhelming amount of food for 2 people. If you don't mind being surrounded by meat eaters, and are wearing stretchy waistband pants, I'd totally recommend this place.

Pros: lots of choice, friendly staff, excellent food

Cons: serves meat

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carousel Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5921 times since Dec 2010.