Cafe Vux

n/a

Wipperstr. 14 (at Kirchhofstrasse), Berlin, Germany, 12055

Coffee shop near Richardplatz serving cakes and pies, waffle with fruit and whipped soya cream, soups, salads, bagel sandwiches plus beverages like coffee, tea, smoothies. Previously on Richardstr. Open Wed-Sat 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery, German

First Review by je

Amazing cakes - Edit

Nice place . Very friendly owner . Amazing cakes and smoothies . Inexpensive

Probably best cake in Berlin - Edit

I love their unique and creative cakes and the bagels they offer make for a great breakfast. The friendly staff is a big plus, too.

amazing cakes, great staff - Edit

Love this place - the atmosphere is warm despite the largely white interiors. The choice of cakes is good and they have lots of hot drinks and smoothies too.

There are bagels and soups too which look great.

It's warm and the service is really friendly and fast. I highly recommend trying this place out. They have bunch too

Pros: cakes, service, ambience

Cons: opening times (over summer and autumn mostly)

5/5 Bagel & Cakes - Edit

Not much to say other than its delicious and worth visiting.

Leckere Kuchen - Edit

Das Café habe ich durch Zufall entdeckt, als ich in der Gegend unterwegs war. Beim ersten Besuch habe ich einen Chailatte getrunken, sehr lecker, aus echtem Tee, nicht aus Konzentrat.
Beim zweiten Besuch mit einem Freund hatten wir Tee und Torte. Meine "Sahne"Torte war lecker, auch wenn die Konsistenz der veganen Sahne etwas anders ist. Trotzdem sehr lecker. Der Schocko-Kokoskuchen meines Freunds war köstlich, sehr schockoladig!
Sonntags gibt es wohl ab 12 Uhr einen Brunch.

Pros: Leckere Kuchen, Nette Atmosphäre , Vegan und bio

Cons: Draußen nur wenige Tische

Excellent cake - Edit

I had a slice of pomegranate cake which was very good. It also looked very fancy and was pretty big. Too bad I did not have room for another slice, the other options also looked very tasty.

Cosy place to stay and read a book. There was some punk music in the background, which I really liked.

Pros: Excellent cake, good value, friendly staff

To-die-for cake! - Edit

I got a big slab of passion fruit and pomegranate cake and wish I had got a photo before I demolished it because it looked so pretty. And it tasted sooo good. It was a big slice but I didn't feel sick after because it was quite light and fluffy and it had loads of cream but that was quite light too. Amazing!

Pros: Out of this world cake!, Outdoor seating

Visit recommended! - Edit

Very nice place with a comfortable atmosphere. The interior is clear and invites for a stay. I had an awesome Pumpkin-Paprika Quiche with smoked Tofu. The best vegan Quiche I had recently. After that i ate a Vanilla-Pear Cake that was very delicious. Beside it I drank a black Coffee with a balanced taste. Not too bitter or sour. I will defenitely come here again. You should, too :)

Pros: Everything is vegan. Awesome food and drinks. Not

heaven - Edit

The range of cakes is big and the cakes are so so yummy!!! If you prefer savory food, try out the bagels. They're just as good!!!

Pros: big range of cakes

Ammmaaazing. - Edit

Just totally yummy.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 14, 2015

Pros: All of it!!

Cons: None of it.

best vegan cafe in Berlin - Edit

They offer a great variety of cakes,bagels and drinks. The brunch is the most tasty fresh one I've tried so far,perfect for lazy weekends without feeling horrible after (not too oily or too fried ). Would go every day if I could

Mixed feelings - Edit

Hve only been here three times or so. The cake and the drinks are pretty great but I was totally disappointed by the bagel the last time I ate there. Prices are quite nice, though.

Cafe Vux is deserving of its glowing reviews - Edit

Cafe Vux is an all Vegan Cafe with a main focus on desserts and coffee. The menu has some savory items and there is a large Sunday brunch. The Cafe has a nice relaxed atmosphere and it feels spacious and inviting. I think Cafe Vux is deserving of its glowing reviews, the food and service are excellent. Just be aware they have a small selection of savory offerings that are not served every day.

Located in Neukölln- it may seem this neighborhood is a bit out of the way- Cafe Vux is conveniently located across the street from Trattoria Ponte Verde (Italian Vegan Restaurant) and 100 meters from Dr. Pogo Vegan Collective. Easily reached by both S+U Bahn. Your effort in exploring this part of Berlin will be amply rewarded with great vegan food.

Ah, wonderful Café Vux! - Edit

When we first moved to Berlin we lived close to Café Vux, and it quickly became our favourite. I only regret that we live on the other side of town now. Note to Café Vux staff – if you want to open a branch in Prenzlauer Berg, let me know! ;)

It's not the largest menu in the world (soup, sandwiches, waffles, sweets, drinks) but what they do have is delicious. It's perfect for bagel lovers (like us). There's about six or seven to choose from, my personal favourites are the Guava Jelly with (vegan) cheese (which might sound strange, but try it and thank me later), and also the Seitan-Lime one.

There's very good coffees too, and a good range of desserts, such as slices of cake, and these really nice muffins with a sweet crispy topping (though these do change, so they'll probably have a different type of muffin in when you visit!).

The only thing we weren't impressed with were the waffles. It wasn't actually bad or anything, just rather average compared to everything else. I'd opt for a muffin or slice of cake instead next time.

All said, it's a really, really nice place. We've enjoyed every visit. It's located in a good area for other vegan stuff too.

Pros: best filled bagels, good coffees, tasty cakes

The best Café! - Edit

What to say about this place.. just the best cakes in town or even around all Europe!!

Do do do Donauwelle!

Pros: Perfect Cakes, Delicious Cakes, Gorgeous Cakes

Cons: Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. , Makes people addicted to that delicious., There is no "cons" for me actually! :P

Brunch! - Edit

Great vegan brunch buffet, lots of different tasty food, love Cafe Vux!

Pros: friendly staff, nice vibe

I still have to go for the brunch! - Edit

I really like this nice and small place. The waitress was very polite and she told me even if the cake is gluten-free, they do cook wheat in the kitchen, so sagacious. I had a raw vegan cake with Lime and it was delicious. Also the Chai latte was great. I have to come back for the brunch!

Pros: raw cakes, nice place, all vegan

Cons: not so much choice

Great Cafe - Edit

Awesome cake, very good coffee and everything is vegan. The only bad thing is that they do not open earlier.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Vux closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.