Bread and Chocolate

Contact 345-946-6239

3 Dr. Roy's Drive, Georgetown, Cayman Islands, KY1-1205

Became all vegan since Jun 2013. Offers all-day breakfast with bread and chocolate French toast, Belgian waffles, buckwheat pancakes, biscuits and gravy, breakfast tacos; plus lunch burger, sandwiches, salads, soups, small plates; and chocolate, baked sweets & breads. Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-2:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Barbaritaville

My new favorite in Grand Cayman - Edit

Great vegan restaurant. Fine selection for breakfast and lunch (both served all day). Friendly folks with a nice variety of salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh juices and coffees round it out.

Great Find on Grand Cayman - Edit

After trying to eat vegan on a cruise ship for several days, finding Bread and Chocolate was a gift from above! I had their special version of French toast for breakfast, which is definitely not to be missed! It was so good I decided to return after snorkeling for lunch. I had their Angus Beet Burger, which was very tasty and satisfying. I splurged on an iced coffee and a gluten-free blueberry fruit tart for dessert...so worth it! They had French Vanilla creamer, and the tart had just the right amount of sweetness. Special kudos to them for not having any cow's milk on the premises. I have been to several 'vegan' cafes/coffeehouses that caved into requests for cow's milk. Portion sizes were generous, and the cost for both meals, including tips, came to just under $50 US. These were the two best meals that I had on my entire cruise!

Pros: Convenient location to piers, Friendly service, No cow's milk available

Cons: Small location/limited seating, Not open for dinner

I tried this restaurant with friends while at port on a cruise, and OMG... Let me just say, the food was off-the-charts, eyes-roll-to-the-back-of-your-head kind of awesome!!! While the space is small, and the wait was long, the food was sooooo worth it. I couldn't make up my mind on what to order, so I ended up with a variety of things (including the best belgian-style waffle I've EVER had). I walked out of there with a smile on my face, and a very full belly. Seriously... vegan or not, I cannot imagine ANYONE not loving the food at this fantastic place!!!

Pros: LOTS of vegan, satisfying choices, A++++++++++++++ food!, Friendly owner & employees

Cons: Small/crowded seating, Long wait (while standing)

Great experience! - Edit

What a surprise to open up the Happy Cow app on Grand Cayman and not only find a vegan restaurant, but to find one that was only two blocks from the cruise tender pier. Very friendly service, excellent food! I cruise quite often and this will be my go-to place from now on when visiting Grand Cayman.

Pros: Delicious food, Generous portions for the price

Great vegan restaurant with friendly service - Edit

We ate here twice so we could sample more of their offerings. Everything we had was great, as were the desserts. We loved that the desserts weren't overly sweet but still delicious. The portobello mushroom sandwich was particularly good as were the breakfast tacos. Portions are generous also and folks are very friendly here. If you are in Grand Cayman, definitely worth visiting and supporting this all vegan establishment! Parking can be tricky during the week.

Pros: All vegan, Great food and desserts, Friendly service

Cons: Parking on weekdays

wow! this place rocks. - Edit

We recently found this little gem while a port on a cruise. Holy guacamole, best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had in my life. EVER!!! I also had the tempeh BLT. Off the chain good. It's worth the walk from port.

Excellent Food!!! - Edit

My husband and I recently ate here while on a cruise. We were so excited to find a vegan eatery close to the port and boy were the previous reviews on point! The food was bursting with flavour and very fresh. My husband the breakfast burrito and I had the Caribbean bowl with jerk tofu. After being vegan for over 30 years I can say that I have acquired a very scrutinising palette. I was very impressed! The desserts were also delicious. We had the chocolate chip cookies and the coconut ice cream. The owner was very friendly and seemed to take pride in her food as she mingled with guests and asked them about heir dining experience. I will definitely return when ever I am on the island.

Amazing Food And Staff. - Edit

I've been to Grand Cayman on nine trips over the last two years. I always go to B&C. The food is excellent, staff is friendly and welcoming, and the desserts are amazing. It's a vegan oasis.

Pros: Completely Vegan, Not Gonna Get An Egg Or Cheese S

Amazing - Even Carnivores Love It - Edit

This is an amazing restaurant, foods great, staff is super friendly and don't even get me started on the desserts!! My father and Brother are practically carnivores and they absolutely love this place as well... Its right in town in the cutest little shop, so available to cruise shippers/tourists and locals :) 100% recommend this place

Very Good! - Edit

Working in George Town is a struggle for anyone who wants to find a decent, healthy breakfast or lunch - never mind anything vegan. Options are extremely limited. The opening of this restaurant was a godsend. Everything I've tried thus far from the Island Bowl to the Breakfast Platter has been delicious. Very high recommendation for Bread and Chocolate. Well done!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere, Good Value and Friendly Staff

Awesome Menu Items - Great Prices - AMAZING FOOD - Edit

Being Vegan there are so few choices of restaurants to frequent in Grand Cayman so I was so excited to learn of this new restaurant! My wife and I have been there a few times already in the first couple of weeks they've been open and we absolutely cannot say enough good things about it! As you first walk in you'll feel the LOVE immediately, the vibe is fantastic. I noticed reclaimed pieces like the coffee creamer/sugar station, the shelving behind the counter and so on. I just loved that aspect, you know they are very conscious of their carbon footprint. It almost looks like the restaurant has been running there for many years by the look and feel of it, which is refreshing. The staff and owners all share the same passion for healthy food options and it's so nice that they are equally knowledgeable and as passionate as I am. Having a major thing in common (a healthy lifestyle) with who you do business with is important.
Now for the all important topic; THE FOOD:
The food is amazing! We've tried a couple breakfast and a couple lunch menu items as well as 4 of their desserts and they are all fantastic, we cannot wait to try the rest of the items. The variety of plates showcase a true chef's vision, it's not just a menu with a bunch of tofu and rice dishes like what a vegan restaurant's stereotype might suggest. I've eaten very good vegan cheeses, sauces, sour creams and other tough to master ingredients and I must say, theirs top the charts. The sauces and sour cream especially are mind boggling. All vegan, pure amazingness!
For the Non-Vegan or Non-Vegetarian be not discouraged! There are so many tasty dishes, you will not miss the meat. Especially with the breakfast menu, they have some very filling and tasty options. 'The Breakfast Plate' is to die for.
We've been to restaurants in the Cayman Islands that fail to offer even one vegetarian option so we are so pleased that we have an entire menu to sample at Bread and Chocolate.
Give this spot a try, you'll be glad you did.

Pros: Excellent menu options, Very tasty food, All around AMAZING

I had my first Bread and Chocolate experience last thursday; my friend ,who's has been in every day since they opened, took me in. WOW!! This hidden gem has me hooked!! Let me start by saying that I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but the full flavor and freshness of the ingredient didn't make me miss any animal products at all... who knew that vegan cheese (made with cashews nuts) could taste so good?!
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the super friendly Agata who made us feel right at home! We ordered a bunch of things from the menu (I wanted to try everything!!!) we started with the soup of the day: Carrot-Tahini-lemon soup: it was served with homemade bread (they make all their bread and pastry!!)... what to say... it was so good i forgot to take a picture :-). Then we had the beet tartar... served with homemade crostini, OMG, best appetizer I've ever had! The taco were amazing (probably my favorite because of all the flavor that I wasn't expecting from a vegan dish). We also had the happy "tuna" salad on wheat bread (yummmm) and a chocolate chip cookie to end the meal (the best cookie I've ever had!)
I can't wait to go back to try their delicious breakfast menu (served all day long)
Keep up the good work! Highly recommended to anyone who loves homemade, healthy (but tasty), non process food reasonably priced!

P.S Cleanest restroom I've ever seen, and so nicely decorated!!!

Return to Georgetown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bread and Chocolate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2918 times since Apr 2013.