Bombay Cafe

• ( 19 reviews )

1137 Doss Ave, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32809

Casual restaurant located inside Laxmi Plaza, an Indian shopping mall. Ordering is at the counter, with table service. Offers a variety of dishes and will withhold the cows' milk from a dish upon request. Draws from several Indian cuisines. Serves fresh fruit juices. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by newmoonrising

JacquelineViolet

Points +92

20 Apr 2021

Excellent food

This food was excellent! Great vegan options, flavorful, and delicious. The okra salad, and the pani puri were my two favorites.

ToniK

Points +16

17 Mar 2020

Super delicious, authentic, & friendly

10/10 would recommend! Jyoti was our server and she recommended great dishes and helped us navigate the menu. Everything is vegetarian and lots of vegan options as well. Left feeling happy and full!

Guest

23 Nov 2018

If only they

I wish they did something about the smell that emanates from that place. Urinals were choked in the washroom. So even though the food was okay and service was good, the experience was not great.

Pros: Pleasant staff and quick service, Totally vegetarian, Popular with Indian community

Cons: Horrible toilet , Toilet and restaurant smell the same, Doesn’t label vegan choices

DeeLite

Points +48

11 Feb 2018

beat little gem

fast friendly and super amazing food. recommend to all my friends!

Charlie Behrens

Points +454

08 Oct 2017

Love it!

I'm vegan and picky about Indian restaurants. This is my current favorite in Orlando. Love their Dal.
I also like to go to the adjacent Indian grocery store to pick up good specialty items that are hard to get elsewhere.
In all of the times going here frequently for many years, I have never experienced any of the things some of the other reviewers complained about.

Pros: Excellent spices, Good service, Plenty of parking

Cons: Need to specify vegetarian, no dairy, Wish it was completely vegan

veganitaSF

Points +48

28 Dec 2016

vegans beware

After explicitly specifying "no dairy" numerous times, and being assured there was no dairy, I asked the waiter what something was on my plate that looked like the mint chutney that had dairy. One of the servers lied to me and said it was not the mint chutney. Another came out, asked if I was allergic to dairy (after previously assuring me that it had no dairy) and then proceeded to tell me there was dairy because the appetizer was no good without the mint chutney. The lying and the attempted cover up are inexcusable. If I could provide fewer than 2 stars, I certainly would. (2 is the lowest possible for "veg" restaurants)

Selenalinae

Points +16

01 Feb 2016

awesome!!

I came to Orlando for business, I found this place through the app. All I can say it was awesome! I loved the food, the vibe, and the staff! Our server, can't remember her name, but she was most pleasant! I would like to thank her for her patience and knowledge. She helped pick some fantastic options!! I'll b back in June!

sirena23

Points +77

29 Jan 2016

delicious

Very happy with this place. Great food, nice people.

acerteng

Points +31

20 Aug 2014

Yummy!

The deeper I venture into my plant based diet the more I enjoy Southern Indian cooking. Imran was awesome. They stayed open for us to get something to eat 9pm on a Monday. I am grateful they did because the food was delightful. My sister grabbed the take away and had it later (long stressful night). A definite place to eat even if you are an omnivore!

Grazin5

07 Aug 2013

Top notch

Excellent food and selections for vegans. Even the kids ask to go back (it HAS to be good)

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Good value

Cons: Small restaurant, Odd location

ishansharma

Points +40

01 Aug 2013

Small, clean place

but delicious! I had the veggie sizzler and it was fantastic. The server was really nice and accommodating when my boyfriend and I said we were vegan.

Pros: Excellent food, Fast service

Vale

19 Feb 2013

Yum!

So delicious. Our favorite was the Bombay Chaat! The staff was very friendly.

Guest

06 Jan 2013

Simple Place Delicious Food

The food is fresh and delicious with vegan and vegetarian options and good size portions. The restaurant is small and cozy and clean, nothing fancy, but very accomodating and good for a date or the family. The staff are always friendly and prices are very reasonable. I recommend the Bobmbay Chaat.

Pros: Vegetarian, Authentic Indian, Good Value

kanojia

Points +151

01 Jan 2013

Nice "Bombay" Style Cafe

They have decent food if you know how Bombay Cafe will be in Bombay ... I had ordered Rava Masala Dosa, Channa Bhutara, Bheil Puri, Idli-Bada, Rssam Soup, Masala Dosa for self and woman with me thinking at least 1-2 items will be good for lunch. It turn-out that everything was perfect and nice AND we two finished everything though quantities were decent too(exception was sambhar which was more like Bombay type rather south-Indian i.e. no toor-dal in it but only subjis). Food was not heavy either and freshly made ... Owner, server and cashier were very friendly people and once I gave my little feedback on Sambhar, they gracefully acknowledge and promised to make it better. And as a Thank you note ... made us special-kadak-chai like Calcutta style :-) thank you folks and we will visit again if we are in Florida/Orlando area

Pros: Freshness, Taste, Quality

Cons: Sambhar

JeremyKinney

Points +17

30 Sep 2012

Best Indian food I've ever had!

The menu is full of great items. Everything is full of flavor. There are great mild dishes as well as spicy. I really like the kathi roll and you can add the hot sauce to your liking. Just about everything we've had is pretty good.

Pros: excellent food, All vegetarian, open 7 days

Cons: white rice only, dessert

John2009

Points +19

Mostly Veg
20 May 2012

Love this place!!!

OMG so many tasty, vegetarian choices. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was super helpful. They will explain any dish, give you suggestions and work with any dietary restrictions. Went with a vegan friend and they worked the whole menu for us so he could enjoy the menu. We were both non-Indian and the staff could not be any more helpful. The restaurant is not elegant, but the food and service so make up for this. Can't wait to go back!

deathgrowl

Points +141

10 May 2012

Good food

The food I ordered was great, including the samosas, Dal Mahkani and roti. The guy that took my order must not have spoken a lick of English. When I asked questions about dairy or butter, he looked confused and mumbled something ( I don't think they were words in any language), so I just gave up and went on with the order, hoping I'd guessed correctly. I didn't receive or get charged for one item I ordered - not sure b/c it had dairy or if it was a mistake. It's a little out of the way from where I was staying (near convention center) but good food.

Pros: Tasty food

Cons: A bit of trouble ordering

wendymerissa

Points +60

05 May 2012

MMMmm!

Bombay Cafe is in the House of Spices shopping plaza, directly on OBT & Oak Ridge Road. It is directly across another vegetarian Indian restaurant, Woodlands.

I love Woodlands, though prefer Bombay Cafe for a few reasons:
1. Gobi Manchurian (battered & fried cauliflower, in a decadent sauce to die for, with onions and peppers) is my favorite and I prefer Bombay's to Woodlands
2. At Bombay, you order at the counter, take a number and a seat. After served your food and drinks and enjoying your meal, you pay at the same counter. This process is much quicker than at Woodlands!!!
3. Bombay isn't nearly as busy as Woodlands so you typically never have to wait. :)

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Nice people

Cons: Gross bathrooms

newmoonrising

18 Feb 2011

Best Indian Food EVER! (cheap too!)

I work at the florida mall near Bombay, so I pick up food there quite often (they know me by name!). It's a small restaurant in the same building as an Indian grocery store, an Indian video rental store, bridal shop, beauty shots, and many more different kinds of Indian stores. The people who work at Bombay are so nice! Just let them know that you are vegan and they will make sure your food is made to order! (Ali always helps us out. He's such a great guy!) There are 2 other Indian restaurants within 500 feet of Bombay, but neither of them compare. Not only is the food better at Bombay, but the prices are much more reasonable. When you go there, make sure to try the Vegetable Jalfrezi, the Veg Biryani, and the samosas! One more thing: the naan cant be made vegan, but there is an amazing alternative that they make! It's called Tandoori Roti (i think it's tastes better than naan!). And they give you SO much food! Theres always left overs when my bf and I eat there. Anyway, Bombay is amazing and you should definitely eat there!

Pros: amazing food, awesome prices, very sweet staff

Cons: the parking lot is easy to miss

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bombay Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.