Bodhi in the Park

Contact 02-93602523

2 College St, Cook & Phillip Park CRN, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

Serves vegan yum cha, which is best when the kitchen is busy and things are coming out regularly. Also offers fresh juices. Try the passion fruit donuts. Note that a few beverages might not be vegan, including cocktails, wine fined with egg products, etc, so ask. Tranquil setting with amongst Hyde Park by St Mary's Cathedral. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Asian

First Review by Petesternz

consistently good - Edit

Heaps good quality across the board. Highly recommend the yum Cha lunch, every dish is great. Bodhi is the go to option for taking people out to a "nice restaurant". Make an email reservation to be safe, indoor and outdoor seating available.

Great Atmosphere & Food - Edit

Delicous food and creative meals to choose from, all the food is vegan (as far as I understood it) and only drinks may not be. The wine menu though had marked vegan wines. It is a little more pricy but the atmosphere outside and the yummy food makes up for that!

Delicious! - Edit

We LOVED the yum cha we had for lunch at this lovely garden restaurant. Choosing so much good food from an all-vegan menu was a highlight. More details and photos here:

Pros: All vegan, Gorgeous location

Cons: Quite pricey

Good yumcha - Edit

I've eaten here a few times. The yum cha for lunch is nice.

I've also had dinner, where my favourite was definitely the fried eggplant. Also the sticky date pudding for dessert!

The atmosphere outside is great, very spacious and you're in the shade under huge fig trees. Inside is a little more crowded.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Nice outdoor atmosphere, Can take large bookings

Cons: Inside is a bit crowded / noisy at night

Delicious Yum Cha - Edit

I've had yum cha for lunch here an many occasions and it's always been delicious. When I've ordered mains for dinner they've been great too. It's in a beautiful location inside a park and has indoor and outdoor seating.

omnis loved it - Edit

I took two skeptical male colleagues here for dinner and they were gob smacked by how good the food was. The following week they were telling people in the office how great it was. WIN.

Pros: variety, tasty

my new favourite place ♡ - Edit

We went here on the recommendation of a few people (vegan and non vegan) and they weren't wrong! We were very impressed with everything on offer...great range of yum cha and tapas type dishes to share...delicious flavours and textures and beautifully presented. The desserts were something else again...I went to heaven!! Fantastic place... friendly, vibrant and delicious...this won't be the last visit!!

Pros: Vegan food made in heaven

Cons: A little noisy but the staff were so sweet to apol

The best vegan yum cha in Sydney! - Edit

Bodhi is one of my top favourite vegan restaurants in Sydney.

Great for Sunday yum cha or dinner and cocktails.

Favourites:
- Gluten-free, vegan dumplings
- Sesame prawn rolls
- Passionfruit Chinese donuts
- Caprioska cocktail

Pros: Gluten-free options, 100% vegan yum-cha, Great cocktails

Cons: Pricey, Busy, Service can be slow

Stunning food but poor cocktails - Edit

Bodhi offers a beautiful setting, chilled atmosphere and divine food, though the service was lacking and the cocktails were pretty poor.

Pros: Vegan prawns , Affordable

Cons: expensive and weak cocktails

Delicious - Edit

Attentive and happy wait staff. Fast service and excellent food. Size of meals was ok. We ordered 3 entrees and a main we still had room for more food but we do normally eat big meals. The prices are kind of expensive but the quality of food and atmosphere makes up for it. Recommend booking a table if you want to sit outside as it's very busy.

Pros: Great quality food , Nice atomsphere , Fantastic service fast and friendly

Cons: Fairly expensive , Medium serves , Busy

amazing vegan food!!!!!! - Edit

We ordered 5 appetisers for the two of us and honestly every single dish was very tasty!!! I absolutely loved the food there. The only downside is that we were sitting outside and I was getting bitten alive by the mozzies so we didnt have any desserts!!!!! I will be more prepared next time!!

Great Yum Cha - Edit

Heard so many great things about Bodhi and was excited about having a yum cha lunch. Wasn't a fan of the faux prawn, but found the rest of the selections delicious and very flavourful. We loved the fresh spring rolls, spring rolls, peking "duck", BBQ "pork" buns, "chicken" buns, footballs, and ginger dumplings. The pumpkin dumplings were ok. The sausage rolls were our favourite and tasted so much like the meat ones, that we had to double check that it was definitely vegan! :) Shame they weren't doing the mango pancakes that day, as we were looking forward to them. Only problem was that half way through our sitting, the waiters kept skipping our table assuming we were done. It was a bit annoying to keep asking for them to serve us, especially when it wasn't that busy. When I brought it to their attention, they just said "ok", and then kept doing it. I expected the service to be a bit more attentive for the price.

Overrated - Edit

Bodhi is something of an institution in Sydney, and they have a very exciting menu, so it's disappointing to have to say that I've never really enjoyed my meals here. It's expensive, the portions are small, and the food itself tends to be quite bland. There is better vegan Chinese food in Sydney.

Mediocre at best - Edit

The beet and tofu salad was not available. The slaw that I orderd instead was drenched in so much soy sauce that is was edible only when mixed with the noodles my partner ordered. The vegan ice cream I had for dessert was the highlight of the meal. I would not go again next time in Sydney.

Yum Cha - Edit

The is easily one of my favourite restaurants in CBD! I have always loved yum cha so it is so great that I can still have this delicious treat!
I have only ever been for lunch but my favourite dishes have been the fresh rice noodle rolls and passionfruit Chinese donuts!
Unforutnately it is a little bit expensive, as yum cha usually is, so I usually just go for a light lunch or afternoon tea.

Pros: All Vegan Yum Cha!, Attentive wait staff

Cons: Expensive

AMAZING!!! - Edit

This is by far my new favorite restaurant!

The staff were very helpful and knew all the allergens on the menu, which is refreshing!

The food was incredibly fresh and the service was exceptionally quick.

We stuffed ourselves silly and we didn't even get to the mains part of the menu! We will have to come back soon and try some more dishes!

An excellent restaurant and I highly recommend to everyone :)

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bodhi in the Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.