Blue Sky Cafe

Contact 828-684-1247

3987 Hendersonville Rd, Fletcher, North Carolina, USA, 10029

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large menu of salads, wraps, sandwiches, and sides. Their website has a dedicated 'vegetarian and vegan' section that outlines how to order to ensure your meal is vegan. Order-at-the-counter style. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-8:00pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-8:30pm, Sat 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by LaurenV

Beware of cross-contamination - Edit

I ordered the black bean wrap with tofu. I told my server that I am vegan and when my wrap came out there were small pieces of meat stuck to the outside of my wrap. The inside of the wrap seemed fine, so I wiped it off and ate it anyway. (Hiking in the mountains all day, so I was famished and too tired to send it back.) I'm guessing they made my wrap on the same surface as the rest of the food. This place is a dive, so just keep that in mind if you're vegan or strict vegetarian. They could also work on the food presentation. Everything was laid out on these beds of limp kale, which was inedible but I guess supposed to make the plate look pretty. I just saw it as a waste. They also served the hummus and salsa in these little take out containers with lids. Not exactly eco-friendly. Our server Blake was very friendly and our food was pretty good considering. If you're with a mixed group, it's not terrible, but otherwise there are MUCH better options for vegan/vegetarians in Asheville.

Pros: Good for mixed group, or if you have kids who are , Cheap

Cons: Menus are not clearly marked what's vegan. , Kitchen staff may not be knowledgeable about vegan

Good menu options - Edit

Pleasantly surprised on our first visit. Menu is pretty big, and there are several veg options. They also will leave off cheeses and meats from salads. We'll be back.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 07, 2015

Pros: Good options, outdoor enclosed seating, inexpensive

Cons: not verified, but non organic

Return to Fletcher Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Sky Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.