Blue Piano

• Veg-friendly
Contact 0121-454-6877

24-26 Harborne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, England, B15 3AA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Southeast Asian bar and restaurant serving food from Singapore, Malaysian, Cambodian. Will make vegan versions of dishes. Marks vegan with V. Ask for a coconut milkshake and sour soup and the carrot cake. Hosts live music.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by gadgetdave

Great place - Edit

On Feb 16, 2015 We booked a private lounge for about 12 people as part of our wedding reception. They have vegan labeled on their menu online and I preprepared the list for a 2 course meal. Food was interesting however the portions were a bit small.

They did not have vegan cake so I baked and brought my own which they were nice enough to place on one of their cake trays.

Pros: Vegan options and labeled, Private lounge

Cons: Small portions

Fantastic food, great atmosphere, recommended ! - Edit

Blue Piano is a Singapore/Malaysian bar/restaurant with fantastic food, they do serve meat - but happily and enthusiastically make fresh Vegan versions of their dishes, and the chef/owner Siew Kuan has a number of times tried new recipes on me, for instance a lovely coconut milk shake which I now have every time I go, and has adapted other 'meat' dishes such as the Jackfruit red curry to make them Vegan for me ;-)

Favourite is:

Starter to share (grudgingly!):
Chwee kway (amazing flavour!) and Singapore carrot cake (savoury - fantastic and not what you would expect - its not sweet - its there signature dish!)

Main:
Shitake Mushroom, Sweet Potato, Green Bean and Cauliflower green curry. The Tofu Ho Fun (noodles) are yummy also!

They also do some fab puddings, my current favourite being sticky rice.

They have a lunch menu which is very reasonably priced, so as i work round the corner i'm in there a few times a week! The staff are very knowledgeable and are allergy and Vegan/Veg aware, most places you feel 'tolerated' for being Vegan, the staff here really make us feel welcome, so this is currently my favourite in Birmingham!

And no - I'm not on commission ;-)

Would give it 5* but can only give it 4* due to them serving meat also!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Atmosphere

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Piano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2495 times since Jul 2012.