Blue Moon Evolution

• Veg-friendly
Contact 603-778-2670

8 Clifford St, Exeter, New Hampshire, USA, 03833

Serves meat, vegan options available. Natural food market operating since year 2000 and evolved to include a full service, table dining restaurant in 2013. Previously called Green Earth Cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by The Vegan Review

Very Expensive. Few Vegan Options. - Edit

This place was recommended to me by an omnivore. I guess because they use the words organic and farm and fresh all over the menu that means they are good for vegans? It's really one of those "happy meat" kind of places. They serve duck and elk and all kinds of other dead animals. There were about two starters and two entrees that were vegan. Most were raw. I wanted something more substantial, so I ordered the "Organic Millet Cake," which can be made vegan if they leave off the yogurt. It was fine. Served with carrots and bok choy. Probably not worth the $22 price tag. Also, the place was really fancy and dark, and I couldn't even read the menu. Not a place I would go again.

Pros: Vegan Options

Cons: Very Few Vegan Options, Dark, Overpriced

Gourmet Dining - Edit

Technically I am a vegetarian but I consider myself more a 'relaxed vegan'. That is, I eat vegan at home and when eating out do not obsess about a drop of honey or a sprinkling of cheese. The Blue Moon Evolution is my favorite restaurant in the world. The Raw Carrot Tart and Butternut Lasagna are so fabulous that I wish I could eat here everyday. The dining room is so pretty: a blend of colonial New England, zen-like calm, and pretty tiny white lights on tree branches. I know my description isn't doing it justice but suffice to say -they got it right. The service is attentive and caring. But mainly I go for the food. It is sheer perfection.

Pros: Gourmet food, Upscale dining experience, Pleasant, efficient staff

Cons: need more vegan choices

Closing Cafe - Edit

I got into the cafe about half an hour before closing and they were so friendly! I didn't feel rushed at all. I got a delicious raw veggie wrap on a sprouted grain tortilla. The cashew cheeze on it was beyond amazing.
I also recently got raw cheesecake there, which was stellar. A lot better than some vegan cheesecakes I've had! The new chefs have great attitudes and produced scrumptious fare.

All in all, a great store and cafe for vegetarians, vegans, and raw foodists.

Pros: raw food, friendly staff, delicious food

Cons: not open past 7pm

Return to Exeter Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Moon Evolution closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1857 times since Aug 2007.