Las Olas Taqueria

Contact 603-418-8901

30 Portsmouth Ave, Exeter, New Hampshire, USA, 03833

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick service Mexican food restaurant. Some items have a vegetarian option; uses dairy. Bright colors and wave-shaped tables inspired by the waves of Central America.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Vegan_Jennifer

disappointed - Edit

I found both the burrito and guac to be flavorless. I was pretty excited to try it, but disappointed with the lack of flavor. My boyfriend said his burrito was okay, but I wasn't impressed. I travel around and have eaten at many burrito restaurants set up like Las Olas , including one in my home town in Keene, NH and another in Burlington, VT both really fantastic. I guess I just had really high expectations, but I always do. Sadly I didn't find this place satisfying. It was also a bit pricey for what it was, and the staff wasn't friendly :(

Love Las Olas - Edit

Las Olas is the best mexican food in the area. They have such good vegan options, and any meal can be made to fit your tastes. Long time customer and they are one of the few places I will actually eat out at. They're very considerate if you ask them to change gloves/wipe down before preparing your food.

I do want to point out the the sweet potatoes ARE made with honey, so vegans beware as this is not specified on the menu board. All other veg options and beans (even the refried!) are vegan.
Updated from previous review on Monday April 25, 2016

Pros: amazing food, plenty of options, fresh ingredients

Cons: usually long lines

I love Las Olas - Edit

The original Las Olas is in the town I work in, so I eat there frequently, often with my meat-eating coworkers. It is the easiest place around for me to eat vegan since you basically pick what you want in your burrito/taco/salad/bowl/etc. I am not merely limited to one, specific vegan option. There are three different types of beans plus three different types of veggies (fajita, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes) to customize your meal. The food is always fresh and delicious.

Pros: Vegan-friendly with lots of options, Fast, but not fast food

Cons: Long lines at times, Occasionally veggies sit too long

Vegan-Friendly Mexican Food - Edit

I am here in Exeter for a conference and there are slim pickings for the vegans! I tried this place tonight and was pleased with the service. It's basically a fast-food take-out kind of place. I had a bowl with rice, beans, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, fajita vegetables, lettuce, pico de gallo, and guacamole. I was not too sure how they would deal with vegans, so I kind of cheated and told them I would get "very sick" if there were any traces of dairy in my food. The gal assumed it was a dairy allergy and she kindly changed her gloves and wiped down the prep. board. All other servers changed their gloves as well and were very careful about cross-contamination. The food was tasty. They also serve beer. Maybe wine, not sure. After I ordered and paid, I noticed that they did have the words "vegan" and "vegetarian" on the menu. Gluten-free too, I think.

Pros: Good value, Pleasant service, Veg-friendly

Cons: Serves meat, Fast-food ambience

Return to Exeter Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Las Olas Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 700 times since Feb 2011.