Bia Blasta

• Veg-friendly
Contact n/a

22 Douglas St (at Summerhill S ), Cork, Ireland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves mostly all-day breakfast and lunch items and has a separate vegan menu which includes full Irish breakfast, pancakes, toasted cheese sandwiches and salads. Soy milk and margarine are provided. All vegan food is cooked and prepared in a separate area and in separate pans.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Blueberries

Fantastic options! - Edit

Went by and found out they had a full vegan breakfast option, and it was amazing!
I would have ordered another but I had to run away as I was pressed with time.

I did come back for some vegan crepes and found them absolutely wonderful. Friendly staff and warm environment, there is space to sit down and it's comfortable and cozy.

A really great place - Edit

So we hosted our vegan meetup group here meaning there was at least 10 of us and they were super accommodating and everybody enjoyed their food from the vegan menu. I had the savory vegan pancake stuffed with mushrooms and spinach-so delicious!

The owner was so sweet and open to new ideas and ways to accommodate us. This place is a cute little cafe,well worth the visit!

I you were interested in our meetup group you can ind us on meetup.com as Cork Vegans and Veggies [Everybody Welcome}

Pros: cosy, great value, friendly hard working staff

Cons: Might need notice if we had a larger group but tha, Might go unnoticed as it is a couple of streets aw

Off the Beaten Path; Worth the Walk - Edit

Bia Blasta was one of our top experiences eating in Ireland. The huge vegan breakfast included: beans, sauteed mushrooms, roasted half tomato, two vegan sausages, potato cake and toast. We also ordered the vegan French toast which was amazing and also a huge serving. We were able to see the owner prepare our meals in a tiny kitchen. The eclectic/homey decor just added to the delightful breakfast. Service by the owner was quick and friendly. Can't wait to return to Bia Blasta.

Pros: Great value, Excellent food, Homey/friendly vibe

Cons: Location

Lovely vegan breakfast in a cosy café - Edit

I went for breakfast here on a Monday morning at around 11am. The café is small, cosy and nearly full, clearly a popular local spot. There is a vegetarian breakfast menu written up on a blackboard, which I was able to get a vegan version of. I got toast with Pure vegan butter, baked beans, mushrooms, a potato waffle and two Linda McCartney sausages. It was as filling and delicious as it sounds! I also got an orange juice and it came to €7.50, very good value.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan options, good value, cosy atmosphere

Cons: a bit out of the way

Return to Cork Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bia Blasta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2069 times since Sep 2012.