Bean Me Up

Contact +91-832-2273479

1639 Deulvaddo, Anjuna-Vagator (at near Petrol Pump), Goa, India, 403509

Closes August to October. Seasonal restaurant that switched from veg & fish to pure veg to becoming all-vegan in early-2015. Sample menu such as plated meals of pasta, ravioli, lasagna; pizza from a traditional wood oven; tofu, tempeh and seitan dishes; fresh organic salads; juice cocktails, smoothies, and house-made desserts. Dine in a jungle garden setting with ambient music.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by abbey1229

Ah-mazing! - Edit

Looots of good vibes in this place!!! My non-vegan husband enjoyed all the food as much as i did...the menu is very versatile with countless of fresh fruit juice combos. The overall ambiance, music, service is just excellent!!!

Probably the best vegan place I've ever been to - Edit

On my first short trip to Goa I grabbed the opportunity to try this highly rated vegan restaurant even if I had to let my – unfortunately non-veg – friends down. But I was inspired, as Bean Me Up will be by far my main motivation to go back to Goa!
The place looks really good with a lot of green and trees, candles.
The menu has an impressive choice of original meals, juices and smoothies, deserts... The one I tried were delicious, copious... My only regret was my stomach's limited capacity! :D

To sum up, everything including the service and the fact that prices are VAT included (which adds to the pleasant surprise when you get the bill) was perfect... but some clients smoking at the next table (Alas smoking in restaurants is still allowed in India – I always found weird actually to be vegan and to support tobacco industry by giving them money)

Pros: Menu, Taste, Dressing, Atmosphere, Price, Service

Best vegan restaurant we have been to - Edit

We have spent almost 2 weeks in Goa and we have been to this place at least 10 times... The service is spot on, the menu is amazing and the vegan cheese is unreal! The setting is awesome, its like eating in a jungle environment. We have come all the way from the Uk and we could do with something like this back home.

Pros: great service, amazing menu, best vegan cheese

Cons: we are going home soon

heaven in Goa - Edit

Where do I start. It is pure perfection. After traveling in India for 6 months finding this spot was like finding a treasure.
We have become completely addicted to it, and when they closed up at the end of the season we had very hard time to cope ;)
Fantastic food, delicious takes on tempeh and seitan, massive porion salads, heavenly good raw cakes, coconut milk drinks, the list is endless.
If u ever in Vagator, defo go and fall in love.
U do need a bike to get there, but u need it anyway in vagator and anjuna to go around.
It's not the cheapest, but the quality is amazing and to be honest when we compared it with other places, nothing was worth it.
A must try! !!

Pros: delicious foos, atmosphere, quality

Cons: none for us

Yum Yum - Edit

Especially after travelling through India for quite some time, we really enjoyed this place and were very happy to get some good vegan western food. By the way, it's all vegan by now even though the employees cook non veg stuff for themselves in the kitchen (We watched an egg delivery taking place and they told us not to worry because it's only for the staffs breakfast).
We had lovely sandwiches and salads, pasta with meatballs, the tasting platter, an english breakfast and Buckwheat pancakes. Everything was really good (Except the pancakes. Honestly... good, fluffy pancakes should be made with regular white flour) even though it might have had more of a wow effect at that time because we hadn't eaten Seitan or Tofu or anything for ages at that point. What I'm sure of is that the desserts are damn good. The Apple Pie with whipped cream... hmmmmm. It looked a mess and was sliced strangely but i definitely delivered on taste.

Good food, chilled vibes! - Edit

We loved it at Bean me up, felt like an oasis showing up here on a dry hot day. Nice food, nice decor, outdoor seating was nice. They even have a shop at the front of the premises selling vegan products :) would recommend this place highly!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good food

Cons: a little hard to find

Clean, great food - Edit

Under new ownership since last year, and the kitchen is now totally vegan. You are still able to get milk with your coffee from the bar though. The food is great - well priced and healthy and a few new dishes on the menu this year including some raw. Everything I have eaten has been lovely and tasty and they do lovely juices, fresh wheatgrass and superfood shakes too.

Pros: Vegan, Fresh, Clean

Cons: none

quite good, but isn't veg. - Edit

the food was really nice, a bit expensive, and it is not 100% vegetarian, despite having lots of famous veg quotes in the menu. There are at least 2 fish meals on the menu and eggs. If you really push it they will make their pancakes vegan. The pesto is vegan and very good. There are 2 great vegan desserts. Why not all of them though?

Pros: understand veganism, ambient

Cons: serves seafood, serves eggs, serves dairy

Best food in Goa - Edit

We ate twice in Bean me up during our holiday in Goa Dec 2009. The food is not traditionally indian (you can order for example sandwiches, falafel and pizza) but after eating indian food twice a day it's just a bonus! Really delicious salads (and here they assure you that they're safe to eat) and fresh food. Lots of vegan options. Slightly pricey compared to basic indian-owned places, but worth it. New age/ambient-style music and tables in a garden. The only cons were some rude americans.

Eat salad safely in Goa here! - Edit

I have been to Goa 4 times now, and we will always make the journey to Anjuna to eat at bean me up at least once. Everything is home made, and we have always enjoyed our meal, things like tofulafels are a good and different. The salad etc is safe as it is cleaned appropriately for the climate and western tummys. definately recommend going there if you are in Goa.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, chilled out atmosphere

Return to Goa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bean Me Up closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1923 times since Jan 2008.