Banuta

Contact 67650660

Alfrēda Kalniņa iela 2 , Riga, Latvia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe, close to the central station. Offers daily breakfast, lunch (1 warm dish), cake, and chia pudding. Vegan options are marked. Staff knows what vegan means a and is willing to help. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by andrejameita

Convenient Cafe with a Vegan Plate Always - Edit

Visited for lunch in August 2016.

We arrived for lunch a few minutes after 12.
The staff let us know that because it was Monday, we would have to wait some 20 minutes for our food to be ready. We were not in a hurry so that was totally fine; however, be aware if you don't have much time.

They always have a vegan plate available, and also some sweets.
We had summer squash slices filled with vegetables and seeds; and as dessert we got muffins.
The food was simple but tasty; and a very good value for the price (€3.5 for the plate and €1.8 for the muffin).

Staff was attentive and friendly; and English is spoken.
Location is also good, close to the station and perfectly walkable from the old town.
The place accommodates about 30 people so I don't think you'd have trouble finding a seat.

Pros: good value, location

Cons: not all vegan, limited vegan food options

Tasty food and super nice staff - Edit

Small venue, located close to the trainstation. We were warmly welcomed and the waiter explained the daily menue (one option is vegan, check facebook if you want to know in advance). He explained that they have a focus on clean food, so we had a sweet potato stew with kidney and white string beans, served with a side salad.

Several desserts, mostly vegan, like cia pudding, brownie and muffins. We opted for the gf brownie which was very good too.

A place to return - Edit

I stopped by just to check out the menu of this new place (as it could be seen from the street), and ended up with more than I had expected. Owner invited me in, was very talkative and kind, and willing to expand the vegan side of the menu in the future.
I bought a chocolate cake and got 2 sweet balls as a gift, as well as a 10% discount card for my next meal.
The place is in a close proximity of the central train station, has a vegan breakfast option, some take-away goodies (salad, chia-mango-coconut water pudding etc.), a vegan lunch option (different every day), as well as an endless supply of lemon-mint water.

Pros: Lemon-mint water for free, Frienly owner, Good value

Cons: Open on weekdays only

Return to Riga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banuta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.