Bangpop

35 South Wharf Promenade, Melbourne, Victoria, 3006

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai restaurant on South Wharf Promenade. Vegan labeled, includes khao kreab tod (rice crackers), prik khing krob (herb betel leaf), chiang mai larb tofu, pad pak tofu (stir fry). Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by Aloo

Perfect for hour long work lunches - Edit

I work in the area and they're my go to restaurant when having lunches with colleagues. They always get the food out with plenty of time for us to be able to enjoy it within the hour we have. All vegan dishes are labelled and the decor is fun with a bar made of Lego pieces.

The next vegan banquet mentioned in the previous review is September 28th and $79 a head for just the 6 courses or $109 a head paired with vegan wine. It's also a gluten free menu. I'm seriously tempted.

Pros: Delicious and fresh food. Very helpful with any al

Cons: The location is a bit annoying to get to if you do

Watch out for the vegan banquet events - Edit

Every three months, BangPop runs a special vegan night. Usually that involves six courses, with optional matching wines. It's been booked out the last couple of times, I know this for sure and I am not surprised. Amazing food, beautiful presentation and ambience.

BangPop is on the Yarra river. In summer it's very pleasant to sit outside. It's funky and cool with a great menu and vegan items labelled.

Definitely worth a visit at anytime, but especially for the banquet events.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bangpop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.