Bangkok Cuisine

Contact 775-322-0299

55 Mt Rose St (at S Virginia St), Reno, Nevada, USA, 89509

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Menu includes a large selection of rice and vegetable dishes. Be sure to specify vegetarian or vegan (i.e. no fish sauce or shrimp sauce, or eggs, etc.). Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Sabrina H

Yummy food, vegan options - Edit

My favorite dish here is the Bean Thread Salad (Yum Woen Sein), but if you're vegan or vegetarian, ask them to substitute fried tofu in place of the meat. I've ordered it this way twice, and though the servers questioned it both times (fried tofu is not listed as an option on the menu for this dish - though it definitely should be), they were able to accommodate me both times. It was so, so good! I only wished I lived in Reno so I could visit this restaurant frequently - I swear I would order this dish every single time!

Pros: Vegan options available - even when not on the men, Excellent, high quality food, Friendly staff

Cons: Not specifically a vegan or vegetarian restaurant, Parking is less than optimal

Not vegan?? - Edit

The first time I ate here as a vegan, the server assured me they could make curry without fish sauce. It was delicious! The second time I went in, the server (different than the first) said that all sauces were pre-made and were not vegan, so I had stir fry veggies and rice. Because of the confusion, I find it easier not to go here. Make sure you ask about the sauces.

OutFRIGGIN'standing - Edit

I've eaten in many, many Thai restaurants before and after becoming Vegan. From Manager to bussboy they are highly knowledgeable and caring about Vegan needs. And, the food? Don't bother asking! Just get over there now!

Pros: Food, Service, Attitude

Cons: Not , A , One

Contributions +24

Could be Better - Edit

The table service is great, the Hostess has issues, and no brown rice. I find the brown rice issue to be unacceptable.
I'll never return.

Pros: Veg options, Location

Cons: Hostess, No Brown Rice

Very tasty vegan options - Edit

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Reno. We love the Mixed Veggie Pad Thai (hold the egg and fish sauce) and the fresh mixed veggie spring rolls, but everything I've had there was very tasty. Most entrees can be made vegan by opting for tofu as the "meat" and by making sure no egg or fish sauce are used. Some sauces are pre-mixed and can't be made vegan, but in most cases, they can accommodate it. I have been very impressed with how knowledgeable the staff is about veganism and what it entails.

Pros: knowledgeable staff, good price, very tasty

Return to Reno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bangkok Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1505 times since Apr 2011.