Balance Restaurant

( 1 review )
814-254-4838

415 Main St, Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA, 15901

Serves meat, vegan options available. Juice, smoothies, acai bowls, salads and wraps are available during the day. At night cocktails and dinner menu with a few vegan options, including a risotto, a potato dish, and salad. Occasional musical groups at night. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Wed 4:00pm-9:00pm, Thu 4:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 4:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Merrikat

Perfect - Edit

I had dinner at Balance a few weeks ago. They recently added a luncheon menu but I have not tried it yet, that being said, I was impressed with the food, the physical layout of the restaurant and the service. First, the lights were comfortably dim, the seating comfy, lots of wood, brick walls, quiet. The bar area in the front had an Aerogarden from which I assume they got fresh mint or herbs. We had the large salad with roasted beets and dried fruit, the vegan mushroom risotto, and Brussels sprouts without Parmesan. All were excellent and we shared our food, a custom not common to our town. The mixed drinks were unique and surprising combinations and quite powerful on an empty stomach. We met the manager who told us they grew many of their micro greens upstairs in a hydroponic garden. The staff was knowledgeable about vegan and gluten free options, the wait short. We requested more vegan foods (like the impossible burger or a good vegan dessert) and hope they’ll add more as their menus change by season and they add lunch options. We’d also like to attend when they have a musical group on weekends. Five stars. Very enjoyable visit and we’ll go again for sure.

Pros: Vegan, vegetarian and GF options, Comfortable, stylish layout, Knowledgeable staff

Cons: Need a vegan dessert, More

Return to Johnstown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Balance Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.