First Review by danielReich

wonderful friendly atmosphere - Edit

We got a bit lost... it really is about 100m straight out from exit 1 and on the right.It feels like eating at a host family! we had the glass noodles with red pepper sauce and the kimchi stew. very good value and tasty - a first for me as its not easy to get veg Korean food in Sydney.

Pros: Good menu variety, very quick service, very good value

Awesome, convenient, affordable Korean style vegan restaurant! - Edit

Their food is just awesome! There are a variety of choices, and they are quite inexpensive compared to other vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Korea. And if you want to try Korean style vegan food, this is a very good place to start.

As many folks mentioned, it is located in a very convenient place, so you can’t miss it!

One more thing: this is one of the few vegan restaurants in Korea which has 無五辛菜 option for Buddhist vegetarians.

Personally, I love their mushroom dishes, noodle soup with perilla seed, and bibimbaps (They have two different kinds. Honestly, both taste good). :)

Pros: Great food, Affordable price, Convenient location

Cons: Some of their dishes can be bland to some folks.

OK - Edit

I always heard such great things about this place but honestly... it fell flat. I mean it was ok, but really nothing special. I probably wont waste my time there again.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-10

Pros: Ok food

Cons: Small portions

Great and convenient vegan place! - Edit

Walk straight after getting out of Exit 1 of the Express Bus Terminal subway station. Look for the restaurant on the right - the kimchi pots and the Latin-letters sign are very helpful.

This was the best lunch place I visited, price-wise and quality-wise. It is true none of the staff members for the day might speak much English, though. But the pictures on the menu help. I recommend the glass noodle dishes - 15K each, but worth it and the portions are truly huge. Other items on the menu are much cheaper - 7-8K.

A warning: the blue baskets are for your belongings, so you don't put them directly on the floor. Also, there is no restroom in the place, but you can use the restrooms inside the bus station.

I believe they don't use MSG, which was very welcome for me. Also, depending on who serves you and the appetite you exhibit, you might get a second helping of the side dishes. It happened to me once.

Pros: great vegan food, good prices, no MSG

Cons: staff might not speak English, no restroom

Delicious, authentic Korean food - Edit

This is a great little restaurant. The food is delicious and the people who run it are super nice. I highly recommend the Kimchi Jjigae. They have their menu in English with pictures of the dishes making it easy to know what you are ordering. They also sell their own kimchi and other banchan to take home.

Loved it! - Edit

I got the kalguksu (noodles) here and it was absolutely delicious. I do have to say that I think they, thinking I wasn't Korean (I'm second-gen born in the US), gave me less banchan than everyone else in the assumption that I wouldn't know any better--of course I was a bit peeved, but maybe they always give less to people who order kalguksu, or to people who go alone, I don't know. Nonetheless, food was great and I would 100% go again.

Pros: Awesome noodles

Cons: Potential bias?

Contributions +14

FANTASTIC VEGAN KOREAN FOOD - Edit

The food was amazing! If anything it was too salty, definitely not bland. I have no idea what the other reviewers were thinking. I guess the owner read the reviews and now adds way too much salt! ugh! Anyway the food was great! We ordered the kalkuksu noodles in bean soup as well as one of the popular sousp. I don't remember the name, but it was delicious. The side dishes were great too especially the salad, which was fruit. The side dishes were too salty for me but I eat a high carb, low fat, low salt, no oil diet...obviously unless I eat out. I recommend this place and I'll go back whenever I'm in Seoul and I'll bring my friends too!

Pros: delicious, good serving sizes, not too oily

Cons: salty mains :(, salty side dishes :(

vegan food at a low price in a convenient location - Edit

I enjoyed eating at Babione. The staff does not really speak English but they were very nice. The restaurant is small but clean, cute and comfortable. I took the 7000 won soup and my boyfriend the 6000 won soup (upper right corner of the menu). It came with a bowl of rice with red beans and I believe 5 side dishes. It was good! And for that price in a restaurant that cute in a convenient location like that I think it is great. :-) opening hours: 10 am to 10 pm.

Pros: price, location, cute

(Good) restaurant at convenient location! - Edit

This restaurant actually has an convenient location in the express bus terminal complex! Everytime you take the bus to another city in Korea or when you arrive there you can have food there without having to go to anohter far location! Same for opening hours, it is only closed on Tuesdays.
Take exit 1 of Express Bus Terminal and head to the front side of Express Bus Building complex. There are a lot of restaurants beside each other and Babione is one of them.
People lacking Korean skills may encounter some problems as the menu is in Korean and the staff seems to lack English skills. But the menu features pictures of the meals so you'll still be able to show them what you want!
Many complained about the bland taste of the food but I was totally ok with that as they don't use any artifical stuff.
Staff could be more friendly but as long as they don't bother me I'm fine with that.
Last time I got there with a friend 30 minutes before they close, but we were rejected from ordering... They didn't displayed their last order anywhere. It was a pity they didn't make any exception which is sometimes even common at other restaurants or make take-out instead. Since then I'm avoiding this place... :(

Pros: location, natural food, fair price

Cons: a bit bland, staff

Good portion sizes, ok food - Edit

We had a decent meal. They had a really good spicy sauce to pour on your meal. We enjoyed the rice balls. Otherwise, the food was ok.

Pros: Easy to find, close to subway

Cons: Could have been more flavorful

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Babione closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6224 times since Aug 2014.