Avocado Vegan Bistro - Wajdeloty

Contact 506185564

Wajdeloty 25/1, Gdansk, Poland, 80-437

The first vegan restaurant in Gdansk, opened since 2013. Serves an array of cuisines and dishes, including desserts. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Polish

First Review by TatianaKondratova

cosy friendly place - Edit

nice small Restaurant in a hip area of Gdansk that reminded me of Berlin Friedrichshain. all the vegan restaurants are located there. big portions, small prices, great taste

Pros: good variety of dishes, good prices, large assortment of yogi tea

Nice vegan place in Wrzeszcz - Edit

We tried to come here for lunch but it was so crowded that we decided to go elsewhere. We had better luck for dinner, although it was still pretty crowded. One of us initially wanted to have falafels, but they only had enough for half a portion, so we both decided on cannelones filled with spinach. The food was nice and healthy, and despite the crowdedness we didn't have to wait too long for it.

Pros: Good quality food, Completely vegan

Cons: Crowded

Nice, but not spectacular - Edit

Avocado isn't really in a convenient location for tourists - it's quite far away from the old town. I hoped it would be worth the trip out, but was actually a little disappointed. We were there at 5pm and expected to beat the rush, but it was so crowded that we struggled to find seats and had to leave almost as soon as we finished eating because people were milling around in the space between tables. It's great to see a vegan place so popular, but it was a little claustrophobic. Service was still fast, even though it was so busy. We had the canneloni, which was fine but needed more seasoning and would have been better with melted cheese on top. It was perfectly nice, but from the other reviews I'd been expecting more.

The cakes looked really tempting, but we didn't stay for them. Personally, I would visit again if I were in that part of town, but wouldn't travel there for food again.

Pros: Great service

Cons: Location (bad for tourists)

Loved It! - Edit

This place was great!!! For such a small little bistro, the selection was outstanding. There were CHEAP prices and huge portions. The food was beautifully arranged on the plates, but more importantly was delicious and filled us up.

Pros: Great food, Great value

average basic plant food - Edit

Unfortunately disappointing ... Beautiful little place with tasteful interior design .... And so much for taste... Food was not up to the mark. I had a polish soup krupnik which was ok... And fried tofu on tomato sauce with millet and salads... Overall it was lacking flavor ... We took some deserts to go... Which were probably best pick in this place... Not much to add ...

Pros: nice decor, good location , good desert

Cons: no taste, no parking , fancy bioway

Ok but not outstanding - Edit

Perhaps we went there when staff had a very bad day. Customer service was not friendly so we ended up taking only take away cake rather than eating there. Place seemed busy so surely customers liked it. Cake as such did not wow me. There are plenty of places in Gdansk that do vegan dessert better in my opinion.

Pros: Nice location

Cons: Staff at a time did not seem too happy

SO WORTH IT - Edit

This place was great!!! Oh man, for such a small little bistro, the selection was outstanding. There were cheap prices and HUGE portions. The food was beautifully arranged on the plates, but more importantly was delicious and filled us up.

Gem in Gdañsk - Edit

Assuming you are a vegan, you are committing a crime if you leave Gdañsk without eating at Avocado. Surely bio way and green way are alright, but Avocado is the real deal. I had the burger and a chocolaty cake. The burger was one of the best vegan burgers that I've had and the cake was delish. Highly recommended!

The best Pierogi Ruskie - Edit

Avocado is a charming bistro in a lovely Street, worth taking the train to pay them a visit. The food was delicious, probably the best Pierogi I had after many years in Poland. The chocolate cake was also rich, creamy, delicious!
There's an English menu but staff is really kind and friendly.
Will definitely come back and recommend everyone to go to.

2 More Happy Customers - Edit

My girlfriend and I were visiting Gdansk.
Avocado came highly recommended on Happy Cow so we took the train from the centre for a nice lunch. We weren't disappointed at all. The meals we had were both creative and delicious. But! It's the desert where they excell!
Okay.. She just said she preferred the main course. :)
Anyway.. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Pros: Friendly , Delicious , Inexpensive

Cons: Limited Seating, Reservations Not Possible

Worth travelling for! - Edit

As a tourist with a non-veg partner, I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile travelling outside of the town centre to eat. However, he said he'd be happy to do so - so we ventured out to Avocado. I'm so glad we did, as - in addition to the food being great - they were really lovely people.

For example: The English menu was a tiny bit out of date and they didn't serve hummus as a starter anymore. They did, however, have tubs of homemade hummus for sale, and when we decided to have salad & bread to start instead they gave us the tub of hummus for free anyway (to apologise) - and said we could eat it then or save it! I'm a total hummus snob too and it was the best I'd eaten for a really long time.

For mains we had really delicious croquettes (one filled with spinach, and one with lentil and tomato) and pierogoi filled with smoked tofu (I was still thinking about the pierogi days later!

It was all absolutely delicious and the staff were incredibly helpful. We both thoroughly enjoyed it!

There's a lot of building work round the main station at the moment, so if you're a tourist make sure you look at the map thoroughly to work out how to get there (it's very close to the station, you just have to make sure you're on the right road!).

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, all vegan

One of the Best in Europe!!! - Edit

My Girlfriend and I visited Avocado around six weeks ago. I remember it like yesterday. I had roasted red pepper, stuffed with millet and vegetables, she had barley and vegetable cutlets. Both were amazing. We had cakes to take away, they were amazing too. The staff were super friendly. The prices are cheap. The space is clean, bright and inviting. Lots of locals were stopping by for coffee and cake. I can honestly put this place in my top 5 vegan restaurants in Europe and I've been to quite a few. If anywhere in the tri-city area you must visit Avocado!!!

Pros: Great food, Lovely Staff, Cute cafe

Super Tasty! - Edit

i was really happy to discover this vegan place in my home town before visiting last year. it turned out few months before that im gluten intolerant and i was desperately looking for vegan AND gluten free meals (especially cakes). and i couldnt end up better! they have a menu with many gluten free options and various dishes of the day including delicious cakes - everything super tasty fresh and prepared with care.
apart of the great food they have a very low prices very friendly staff and cosy interior
i wish i had avocado in germany

Pros: gluten free cakes, excellent food , good value

Cons: small interior

Amazing! - Edit

So good food and delightful interior! And everyone working there were so friendly!! It was one of the best vegan restaurant I ever ate in, and with its low prices it absolutely my nr. 1 favorite right now!! If I'm in Poland again I will definitely come back here!! And the sortiment of bio drinks was a big +!! Only con is that the place has few sitting places. I really hope I can eat here again!!

Pros: Tasty food, Adoring staff, Big sortiment of bio drinks

Cons: Little space

An amazing place to treat yourself with tasty food - Edit

It was my first time here and definitely not the list!!! I vwsh I could eat here all day every day!! The food is soooooo tasty, you have to try it to share this feelings:) The stuff is so helpful and friendly, they treated me as their old friend. Thank you very much to the lady, who translated the whole menu for us, as we were not able to understand Polish language. I can't wait to visit this place again. To be honest I've never visited a single restaurant that is serving only vegan food, I was so surprised that this place is completely free off any meat and dairy! Everybody should try their food, as I am 100% sure that even meat eater would be able to open a new side of tasty food for themselves and enjoy these amazing and nourishing food as we do!!!!!

Pros: Vegan, Great choice of desserts , Delicious food

Return to Gdansk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Avocado Vegan Bistro - Wajdeloty closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.