First Review by Ranks42

Good refuelling station - Edit

We were a bit confused when we walked in to this restaurant as they had a small menu which said pho or rice or vermicelli and the woman stood over us until we made a decision, we just went with it and ordered a Pho and rice, it turned out the rice was a buffet plate with different veggies and fake meats (a bit bland but we added lots of chilli to it). The Pho was delicious.

The whole meal came to 100,000 dong which was 2 lots of rice buffets which came with a small soup each and a Pho noodle soup.

Pros: Quick meal , Cheap

Cons: Too much fake meat

Try their soymilk! - Edit

From the other reviews on here it seemed as if it was possible to order like a normal restaurant but on arrival we were seated down and a plate of food was simply stacked up and given to us. Complimentary soup was also given though and the food was tasty overall, although not warm or freshly made. One (big) plate of food and two glasses of their delicious homemade black sesame soymilk ended up costing 60,000 VND which I thought was quite cheap.

Pros: good prices, delicious soymilk

Cons: unable to order specifically, buffet-style, non-freshly made food

Had nice noodle soups here - Edit

pretty easy to find, as they have a sign pointing you to the right direction! nice people and quick service. we got a interesting side of fermented tofu with our soups.

Great! - Edit

NOTE: Au Lac has moved to 113/14 Nguyen Du as of December 1st. The 113 alley (hem) is right across from the old location (60 Nguyen Du), and its very easy to find. The new restaurant has two levels and is beautiful. Same delicious food!

Updated from previous review on Thursday May 15, 2014

So much yumminess for 30k ($1.50)! My go to com chay spot in town.

Pros: Great value, Beautiful new space

Cons: Brown rice or wild rice would be nice op, Parking is a little tricky

Delightful Place for a Relaxed Meal - Edit

I was delighted to find this restaurant and ate there several times during my brief stay in Da Nang. The food is extremely affordable (30,000 VND; $1.50 for most entrees), and you can work your way through the menu in a few visits. The staff does not speak much English, but they will steer you in the right direction if you're not sure what to order (com dishes include rice, bun and mi dishes are noodle based). The atmosphere is calm and quiet, with a TV above the exit usually providing some background distraction. Complementary tea and condiments sit on every table and are regularly refreshed by the helpful staff. In three visits, I liked every dish that I tried. All food is served within a minute or two of ordering. My favorite was the bún thịt nướng.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 11, 2014

Pros: excellent food, good value, good staff

Cons: distracting television

Return to Da Nang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Au Lac closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.