Arcadia Bar

Contact 780-916-1842

10988 124 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0H8

Bar offering local beer on tap, live music, and a lacto-vegetarian food menu (was vegan when it first began in early-2015). Frequented by a young crowd. Open Tue-Fri 4:30pm-12:00am, Wed-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Sat 12:00am-2:00am, Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by vegetariangirl

Great vegan pub food served by friendly staff - Edit

I had been to Arcadia previously for drinks, but hadn't had a chance to try the food until recently. I'm really glad that I did! Arcadia has a small but varied menu of pub classics and some surprising vegan twists on traditionally meat-filled dishes. I had the Guy Fawkes Burger, and my partner had the chicken and waffles. The burger was fantastic, and I say that as someone who eats a LOT of veggie burgers. Homemade mayo and coconut bacon from Edmonton's own Sailin' On food truck complete this tasty, hearty burger, which is served with a nice vinegar-dressed coleslaw. The chicken and waffles were also delicious, strips of breaded and fried tofu made for a great chicken substitute. For drinks they have many local choices on tap, my favorite being Yellowhead. I would highly recommend Arcadia.

Pros: Great food, Very nice staff, Good specials every night of the week

Cons: Smallish venue

Great Service, Okay Food - Edit

I was excited to visit Arcadia while visiting Edmonton for business. The menu is all vegan, and I tried the YEG Unite Donair on green onion cakes. This is my first time in Edmonton and I live in the US, so it was my first time trying either donair or green onion cakes vegan or otherwise. It was tasty, but I will say it was very salty and the seitan was in crispy (almost crunchy) strips, not tender and chewy like I am used to. However, the service was great, I chatted with the two guys working and they gave great beer recommendations and were just all around pleasant to talk to. The beer is all from Alberta, and the Ribstone Creek White IPA I had was great.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 23, 2015

Pros: Great Service, Vegan bar food!

Cons: Food was just okay

Brunch - Edit

I always mean to go to brunch...but have difficulty raising participants on a Saturday.
The brunch at Arcadia is pretty generous hourwise, 11:30-2.
Fortunately, my sister had to go to work and was down to come with.
I had the frittata, she the BLT.
I loved, loved, loved the frittata. It reminded me of my Nonna. I normally end up feeling like I need pepper and salt and other things like hot sauce when I go out to eat, but the frittata needed nothing to make it sing, with just the right amount of fresh dill.
The owner Adam sources fresh local ingredients, such as locally made fresh tofu, and this is evident in the dishes.
The prices are reasonable, and portions are generous, I got a pretty big and lovely slab of frittata, garnished with some greens and fruit, as well as a pretty nice salsa.
I got to sample my sister's BLT, and I will def be eating THAT again, great flavour.
I can't wait to come on a night when there is entertainment, as this is a welcoming and warm little spot, with amazing art to look at, and clean as well.
I hope the word spreads and that these lovely people are successful, they have the kind of food that mad carnivores would be happy with, so it should be a win win.
Service was also great, relaxed, friendly and caring. =D

Pros: Freaking delicious, great art, clean

Cons: paper cups for coffee, paper lined baskets for food

Awesome Vegan Restaurant & Bar! - Edit

Arcadia is an awesome vegan restaurant and bar! Everything on the menu is 100% vegan and my dinner, a vegan bacon burger, was absolutely delicious. It was served with cole slaw, which I've never been a fan of, but this was equally delicious. I ordered an IPA that was on tap and it was great-I only wish I wasn't driving because I would have hadd another. I will go back there EVERY time I'm in Edmonton!

Pros: Friendly staff, Reasonably priced

Cons: Street parking only

Disappointing - Edit

I went here with my partner on a Saturday night, always excited to try newer vegan places in town! This place has potential, with a stage that should be utilized more. Unfortunately when we were there the place was empty except for us, so it was a little awkward.

The food was mediocre at best. My partner got the "seitan" chicken and waffles, and it was definitely not seitan chicken. The chicken nuggets were 100% the President's Choice soy nuggets from Superstore, plopped on a waffle. I know because I eat those things all the time. When I go out for dinner I except food that isn't bought from Superstore to be served to me at triple the price.

My seitan ribs were ACTUALLY seitan, although they were tasty they were just 4 slabs of seitan in a basket. Would have liked some vegan coleslaw or veggies to go along with it because seitan by itself is very dense.

Overall I was really disappointed. This place has potential but needs some work. Will not be returning until I hear things have changed.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 12, 2015

Pros: Friendly Staff, Local Beer, Cool Atmosphere

Cons: Food was not what was expected, Awkward because no one was there, Too expensive for what it was

A unique addition to Edmonton - Edit

A vegan bar in Edmonton! A cozy and relaxed space. The staff are friendly and the food tasty! The menu is small but excellent pub style food. Loved the chikin and waffles and the seitan ribs with awesome bbq sauce.

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Arcadia Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.