Appelier

Contact +32-09-2216733

Citadellaan 47, Gent, Ghent, Belgium, 9000

Offers 2 daily vegetarian dishes - one at lunch and a pasta dish in the evening. Call to inquire if daily dish is vegan, or ask before ordering. Garden seating when weather permits. Reservations recommended. Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-8:30pm

Category: Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Belgium

First Review by

lovely place, food a little bland - Edit

The space and the staff are lovely but for vegans it's a bit bland. The main was vegetarian quiche so they left it off our plates and gave us more beans. Most of the prepared salads had a mayo dressing so we had shredded carrot, plain sprouts, and lettuce. They had dressing on the side but overall not inspiring. The soup was great and nice vegan cakes for dessert.

Pros: nice space, great staff

Cons: bland for vegans

Good atmosphere - Edit

The daily dish I found to be tasty but a little bland. A mix of everything (salad, pasta, grains etc.), which unfortunately I don't think was vegan. It got really busy so I'd call ahead to make a reservation, as we had to share a table with another couple and we only got that table for coming in early. I was suprised they didn't make any soymilk based drinks. But it was reasonable and the staff were friendly.

Pros: bland food, friendly staff, healthy food

Cons: busy

A really enjoyable evening - Edit

We sat outside in the garden. I could not agree more with the last reviewer. Both the food and atmosphere unforgettable. Highly recommended!

Pros: excellent food, helpful staff, beautiful surroundings

Return to Ghent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Appelier closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2875 times since Aug 2007.