Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe

• Friend
505-988-9688

1620 St. Michaels Dr, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, 87505

At this location in St. Michaels Village West Shopping Ctr since Jan 2011, Annapurna features Ayurvedic cuisine, chai tea, and in-house bakery. Menu items include breakfast meals, paneer, idli sambhar, kitchari, masala dosa, rice and dal, chai, lassi, vegan carrot cake, dail specials, and more. Vegan friendly with gluten free options. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Ayurvedic

First Review by cynthiaab

delicious food and friendly staff - Edit

Amazing Asian and Mediterranean dishes. Most of the dishes are Indian, but there is some Greek and even Thai thrown in. Basically everything, including their delicious desserts, is vegan. The menu is intentionally crafted to appeal to different doshas in aruveyda medicine. I had the thaali plate and coconut cream cake (all vegan) and everything was delicious. You have to wait a bit longer for the food than most places but it was worth it.

Pros: vegan, many options, clear menu

Cons: outside of downtown proper, a bit slow service

Consistent Homecooked Grounded Wellness - Edit

i love this place. simple unpretentious and great food!!!

So happy to find this place! - Edit

After 10 days of traveling through the desert wilderness, it was such a joyous relief to discover this cafe. I love kitcheri and vegan Indian food! For raw vegans they do have salads and fresh coconut water. They have ayurvedic teas, and the tulsi ginger was delicious! I had their vegetables of the day and a dosa. I was so happy!

Pros: Very positive healthy environment, Delicious food, Vegetarian with many vegan options and salads

Cons: Wish I could have tried more items :)

Outstanding !!! - Edit

I just ate one of the best meals of my life and it was completely vegan! It was a delicious pasta dish that included an amazing salad with vegan ranch. For desert I had a piece of vegan pecan pie that was to die for scrumptious!!

Pros: everything

Cons: I didn't have enough room to try the vegan burger

Fast Casual Veggie Food - Edit

The sandwiches we got were very good, dessert a bit unimpressive (not bad just not great), except for the cranberry loaf. I liked that the menu had a decent variety. You can get Indian-type dishes to plain old burgers.
They are located in a strip mall and you order at the counter and they then bring your meal to the table when it's ready. This is good if you are going following say a day of hiking, aren't dressed up and just want to grab a bite to eat. Not so good to take a date to.

Pros: menu variety, outdoor seating

Cons: not entirely vegan, located in a strip mall

Wonderful food! - Edit

My husband and I ate here for both breakfast and lunch and we loved everything we had. Very vegan friendly. We had extras each meal so we had the wonderful leftovers for later. Would highly recommend.

Pros: large menu - lots of options, reasonably priced, delicious

Yum - Edit

love this place
unique variety of Indian and American items
great selection of teas
owner very nice
vegan cheese options
laid back atmosphere

Pros: Vegetarian, wifi, creative options

Cons: not vegan, lots of gluten free things(could be a +)

Healthy Food at Great Prices - Edit

My girls and I ate here twice while on a trip in Santa Fe. Really yummy, food, large portions, desserts are sublime! Some dishes that were not Indian inspired were on the bland side, thali plate was wonderful, the kitchari and dahl very delicious. Wonderful and friendly owner also owns the Ayurvedic store next door and will chat with you about this. Healthy and yummy!

Pros: Large portions, Great Price, Desserts are deleicious

Contributions +501

Incredible! - Edit

A really great restaurant with a super friendly staff. The Lebanese wrap was fantastic (and neither of us are fans of eggplant!). They could easily make their menu completely vegan and have a lot of options for vegans. We'll definitely be eating here again the next time we're in Santa Fe.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Reasonable Prices

one of my favs in Santa Fe! - Edit

If you want healthy vegan or veggie Indian food you good to this one. Great breakfast huge portions!

Oasis - Edit

Awesome find in a shabby strip mall in suburban Santa Fe. Gigantic portions, delicious and healthy. We had tofu scramble and breakfast burrito but could have shared one breakfast. Well prepared, nice sauces and vegetable sides. Very sweet person working here. She is warm, friendly and helpful. You order at the counter but they bring your food to your table.

Pros: Varied menu, Huge portions, Friendly

Cons: Flies, Strip mall location

Ayurvedic Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

I love this restaurant because I follow an Ayurvedic lifestyle. If you are looking for traditionally westernized Indian food you will NOT find it here. That's not the type of restaurant it is.

If you are looking for healthy, gluten-free, ayurvedic cuisine that's totally vegetarian with a huge selection of vegan options this is a great location for you.

Pros: organic, gluten-free, variety

Cons: addictive

so called Indian food - Edit

When traveling, my husband and I always check out Happy Cow listings to find suitable vegetarian options. After viewing the choices in Santa Fe and checking the restaurant's online menus, I had a craving for south Indian food. Although Annapurna seemed to fit the bill perfectly, the food was totally unacceptable, tasteless, and a mockery. If you want real Indian Cuisine, Annapurna is not the place. Their chef needs to be taught how to make Indian food.

The rating for this restaurant is zero cows. Unfortunately, the website does not allow this rating.

Fair price late portions - Edit

A few friends and I hate here yesterday and really enjoyed it the proprietor was very friendly and engaging. I had the ABLT it was delicious. itcame with fries and a salad! That's my kind of meal! Very pleased

Pros: Friendly staff, Good atmosphere , Good food

A Good Reason to go to Santa Fe - Edit

One of the many reasons we like to make the drive from Taos to Santa Fe regularly is to have lunch at Annapurna's. The food is consistently good, always comforting, and always vegan (with the exception of paneer in a very few dishes). The atmosphere is relaxed, casual, and pretty, and the staff is always friendly. For vegans and vegetarians traveling in New Mexico, Annapurna's is a safe haven, not to be missed.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, calm atmosphere

Delicious - Edit

I had been to one of their locations in Albuquerque and enjoyed it and was pleased to know they opened in Santa Fe. For a town like Santa Fe, I'm always surprised that their Veg dining options (not "veg friendly) are lacking, especially for dinner. Annapurna's doesn't disappoint. Their food is always very good. We went there twice during this last weekend. We enjoyed the breakfast burrito and selections from the dinner side of the menu the night before. There's something for everyone on their menu.

Best place in Santa Fe! - Edit

Love Love this place! Fantastic food, free wi-fi, and friendly service that doesn't mind if I hang out for a while. What else could you ask for?

Pros: tasty food, atmosphere, wi-fi

Awesome! - Edit

Annapurna is an excellent restaurant. The menu is expansive and has tons of vegan options. I was happy to see that they had a ton of non-Indian options.
We ate there twice and my favorite dinner was the veggie burger. The highlight, however, were the masala fries. Somehow Annapurna has done the impossible by improving upon the perfect. The masala fries (with huge help from the garlic sauce) were a-freakin-mazing. Seriously, put them on your bucket list now.
For dessert we had the pecan pie (vegan!!). It was just as good as I remember it being.
If I had to nitpick and pick one thing I didn't love about Annapurna it would be the music. Not really my thing!
Other than that, a perfect dining experience.

Return to Santa Fe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annapurna's World Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.