Ananda Bhavan - 448 Serangoon Rd

448 Serangoon Rd, Central Singapore, Singapore, 218138

Part of vegetarian restaurant group which was est. since 1924. Serves North Indian, South Indian, and Indian-Chinese dishes. Vegan options. Open Mon-Tue 7:30am-10:00pm, Thu-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering, Indo-Chinese

First Review by KokoPaulli

Chuliette

Points +195

18 May 2019

Yummy & Cheap

Went after work to take a way.
I had a masala thosai for like 4$ and thinking it was too cheap to be a large portion, I asked for rice and Dahl. They gave the biggest portion I ever had (they filled up my Tupperware) and ended up with too much food for less than 7$. Gave the leftover to my flatmate who really enjoyed it.

Masala Thosai was super good.
Rice and Dahl was okay, although a bit disappointed by Dahl bc I thought it was not enough lentils. I guess it’s just done differently here.

Pros: Vegan menu, Tasty, Cheap

Cons: Plastic bags...

ChoyYuen

Points +2110

31 Jan 2019

Tasty & inexpensive

Ananda Bhavan has been around for decades, so it must have its own strengths. It's one of our favorite place for Indian vegetarian/vegan food. Their vegan menu is clearly stated. We took the vegan masala thosai and vegan roti set. The food is delicious and inexpensive. Total bill is $10.30 only. Ananda Bhavan is a recommended place for daily meal.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive

Kelley

Points +143

Vegetarian
28 Sep 2018

Vegan and wallet friendly:)

Staff patiently explained to me what the dishes were when I was asking them about it, had pau baji. Reasonable prices and tasty!

Pros: Quite a few vegan options

YiWei

Points +349

Vegetarian
12 Jun 2017

affordable and delicious food!

It's one of my favourites - love the Cheese Naan set, rice thalis, masala thosai, and lassi.. its affordably priced and also fast service. :)

Pros: aircon, large banners explaining benefits of veget

Cons: toilet is upstairs on 3rd floor

KokoPaulli

Points +86

11 Feb 2017

Clean veggie, Vegan and Jain

Modernized fast food Indian spot with a clear menu for very specific eaters. Prices are very fair also. This particular location is positioned just across from one of the more popular and biggest temples here.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options as this entire restaurant

Cons: The fast service seems to make up for impersonal s

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ananda Bhavan - 448 Serangoon Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.