Amara

Contact 03-5610-2904

1-1-2 Oshiage, 6th Floor, Sumida-ku (at Tokyo Sky Tree), Tokyo, Japan, 131-0045

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a special vegetarian/vegan menu in English. Serves combo lunches until 5pm. An a la carte dinner menu is also available.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by MorganSafford

Great Spot at Tokyo SkyTree - Edit

We went in for a snack while visiting the tower. Friendly, accommodating staff with fast, efficient service. We had the masala nuts, samosas, and the Amara salad (with a vegan dressing, as requested). All really, really good!

Pros: Great staff, Great food, Great value

Not for vegans, bland food - Edit

Amara is a nice-looking Indian restaurant inside of the Tokyo Skytree.

Unfortunately the food is very bland and there is only one option for vegans. My husband and I shared the samosa appetizer and both got daal since it was the only thing thing they could make vegan. They could not make any of the breads vegan.

The daal was very bland, which is surprising considering this is an Indian restaurant. The samosas were just ok but were also pretty bland. I would not go back.

Cons: Only one vegan option, Bland food

Great location - Edit

My favorite thing about Amara was it's location. We were able to spend a day at the aquarium and Tokyo Skytree, then get dinner- all in the same building.
Their staff spoke English and explained all of the curry dishes and sets, which was of course helpful.
My only complaint is that it really is not "inexpensive" as the listing says, so watch out for that if you're on a budget. Most of the curry dishes are over 1200 yen, and you have to buy a plate of rice to go with it as well. We also got the garlic nan and a mango lassi, which made our total for 2 people just over 4000 yen.
Everything was really good and filling though! I loved the PANIR BHURJI curry, which was vegetarian and mild. The vegetable curry was slightly more spicy, less of a sweet curry, but still mild and yummy. I was also really happy with the size of the rice dish.

Overall, very good, filling, veg-friendly food that is just a bit expensive :)

Pros: yummy, filling, good location

Cons: expensive, rice doesn't come with curry

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amara closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1452 times since Jul 2013.