CLOSED: Al Hamraa Restaurant

434-972-9907

929 2nd St SE IX Bldg, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, 22902

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several vegan suitable dishes. Morrish tapas. 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEBSITE NOT WORKING.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Moorish, Non-veg

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

Hidden gem - Edit

This place is hard to find. First of all, Charlottesville has multiple 2nd streets; make sure you go to 2nd Street SE. Even with the correct address and a GPS navigator, my partner and I had difficulty finding it because it's tucked away, hidden from view, in an area where you wouldn't expect to find a restaurant.

But it was worth the hunt.

The food is delicious! I highly recommend their Portobello, shitake, and oyster mushrooms on bread. (Items on their menu with an asterix are vegan.)

The waitress was charming and also taught us a few things about Moroccon culture. The atmosphere is both relaxing and interesting. And their prices are reasonable.

On the night we went there, there were no other customers. I imagine the hard-to-find location keeps the place quiet most nights. If everyone knew the quality of food and service in this hidden spot, I think it would be packed.

Pros: delicious food, good service, enjoyable atmostphere

Cons: hard to find

Return to Charlottesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Al Hamraa Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1988 times.